I really hoped this application would work for me, since the main features are exactly what I need. I've spend about 3-4 hours trying to configure Cicool and make things work. However, the overall quality of this application is just too poor for me to be using this in a professional workspace. Too bad.
Some problems I encountered:
- Misc problems during installation (e.g. see github issues) + not all required writable folders are checked (so you need to find and chmod more after installation). Eventually managed to install it.
- Poor (English, Dutch) translations/copywriting, obviously done with Google translate (e.g. "Register All" instead of List all). No consistency in uppercasing/lowercasing. Spelling errors ("widgeds", "standart"). All this makes the whole app feel amateurish.
- Quality of code in general not the best I've seen
- Outdated references to Google+ (which is gone a long time now)
- Slow support, lot of open Github issues, by just one person (Who can't speak English very well, therefore sometimes hard to understand)
- API Documentation (autogenerated) just party working
- PDF module (generate PDF-report of crud item) fails out of the box. Couldnt get it to work.
- Misc php errors everywhere, some I could not fix (using the recommended specs, php version etc.)
- Hard to debug (error messages not clear, logs not complete)
- Material Theme does not install via admin, nor via manual ftp upload (can't seem to activate it)
- I dont need the page builder, but I did some quick tests and it worked poorly (elements not showing up in end result etc)
- Documentation is not complete (e.g. how to use CodeIgniter debugbar?)
I'm sure a lot of this can be fixed. At this moment not recommended for people with no/low coding skills. If you are an experienced (PHP) developer it could be a nice base to develop further on your own. I guess this can be expected for this price range.
I hope I can get a refund.