OverviewBuzzer is the right solution for those who need to quickly make a mobile social network app that works like Twitter, with the power of XServer as backend.
DescriptionBuzzer is a full-working template (UI + Source Code) that has get many social network features, like Twitter.
PLEASE NOTE: this app template is NOT a complete clone of Twitter, I’m not allowed to do that, nor I want to do that, I want to keep my templates original.
The concept of Buzzer is very close to Twitter’s one, but it has got a different design and some features are missing, some others are included, and some are new – in order not to replicate the Twitter’s ones.
You can post text, videos, images, and animated GIFs, browse buzzes from other people and create or join Collections of posts you are interested in.
Users can follow people, report inappropriate content/profiles, search for hashtags, keywords or names. A private chat is included in the template, as well as bookmarks and drafts sections.
The Settings screen offers several options like changing your password, check muted and blocked accounts, media previews, and much more.
The Admin can daily check the database for reported content or users and take action for it, as well as manually edit data in the database.
The design is clean, code is commented and project folders and files are well organized in the package.
• Check out the Features section below to see what this app does.
• Read the online Documentation to learn how to configure the template’s features and the database.
• Check out the Demo Database, login as:
• Keep an eye to the Change Log on the bottom of this page when an update gets released.
BackendThe backend of this template is XServer, so you can either buy the XServer REST API an install it on your own VPS server, or create an account on XServer.app and a Database for this app.
After performing the configurations mentioned below, you will run the app and see no content, so Sign Up with a test user in order to create a test account and start testing the app.
NOTE: in case you want to implement your own backend to this template, you do not need to buy the XServer API, nor create an account on XServer.app, but please be aware that implementing a different backend to this template must be performed by you or your developers.
Extended LicenseAs per Envato Marketplace Terms, the Extended License applies to all applications that charge money to their users. In case your users will not be charged of money through your own version of this app, you can still buy it under a Regular license.
Therefore, you must buy this template under and Extended License if your plans are either one or more of the following:
- Add In-App Purchase or any other Payment Gateway in the source code and publish the app for free on the App/Play Store – NOTE: If you want to publish your own version of this application for FREE only, then you can still buy it under a Regular License.
- Publish this application as a PAID app on the App Store.
- Transfer the live app of your own verison of this app on the App/Play Store to another owner by selling your ownership on flippa.com or similar marketplaces.
FeaturesiOS Swift language – Native Xcode project – Edit the template as you wish with the power of Xcode and Swift.
Storyboard, iOS 11.0 and above, Universal – Run your app on all iOS devices
Backend with XServer – Built on a great and reliable BaaS that offers many features with just a few clicks, it’s super easy to create and set up a database on XServer.app, as well as use the XServer REST API hosted on your VPS server.
Browse Buzzes (Posts) from people you follow in the Home screen – Read updates and news, even funny stuff from you and the community
Search for #hashtags, keywords or @names – The Search screen gives you a list of posts or users based on your search
Buzzes’ text detects @mentions, #hashtags and URL’s – You can click on any mention, link or hashtag to make the app display a list of related posts. Click on a user’s mention to see his/her profile
Post any text, a video, a GIF, images (up to 4/post) and URLs – The screen where you post your buzzes has a custom keyboard’s toolbar that offers the mention, hashtag, location, GIF and media buttons for you to quickly set the content of your posts
Custom users search for @metions while posting a Buzz – A dropdown menu pops up when you are about to mention someone, for you to select the people you want
140 characters limit for Buzzes text – You can edit that characters limitation, anyway it’s a good standard for short and clean posts
Reply to Buzzes – In the details page of a Buzz, you can reply to it as a new post. Replies will be shown below the main post
Rebuzz (re-post) Buzzes – Like twitter, you can repost a Buzz and the community will see who did that. You can also tap on the username mentioned in the rebuzz label to see his/her profile
Delete your on Buzzes – Changed your mind about a post? Then get rid of it from its details screen
Pin a Buzz to your profile – You can stick one of your favorite posts to the top of the list in your account
Follow, mute or block Users – Privacy matters nowadays, so you are allowed to block un-wanted people, as well as mute their content
Report inappropriate Users or Content – Help the Admin and the community finding abusive contents, so the app can be always clean and free from non-wanted posts or people. This feature is also required by the App Store.
The Admin gets an email after a report has been submitted – The app calls a simple PHP file – hosted on your own server – that fires an email that includes details about the issue for the reported User or Buzz
Profile screen with cover and avatar images – Enjoy the nice design of the Account screen
Filter Buzzes for media or liked ones – Take advantage of the custom search filter feature to browse posts with your desired options
Edit profile with Name, Website, Username, Email and Bio – After signing up, you’ll be bale to edit your profile’s info as you wish
Create or join Collections of Buzzes – This cool feature allows you to make lists of your favorite posts and read them later. YOu can also join collections created by other users
Bookmark Buzzes and see them in the Bookmarks screen – Store favorite posts to read them later
Save Buzzes as Drafts – Not sure you want to post a Buzz? Save it as a draft and get it back later to edit and submit it
Set badges to verified Users – The Admin can simply flag a boolean value in the database to set a User’s profile as verified. The app will show a badge over his/her avatar image
Built-in chat – People can privately message each other via a real-time chat screen
Email verification – New users will get an email with a link to verify their email address
Setting screen – This page will show options like Change Password, Deactivate account, Push Notifications on/off, Media previews, Sounds, etc.
Notifications screen – Get a list of who liked, commented, replied and rebuzzed your posts, and who started to follow you.
Push Notifications – Receive notifications for likes, comments and followers
AdMob Interstitial ads – Get some revenue from full-screen advertisement banners
Modern, clean design – The UI has been carefully crafted to offer the best user experience to your clients.
Online Documentation – Read the extensive guide of this template to be able to configure it properly.
PSD icons included in the package – App and buttons icons are stored into a PSD folder, for easy image replacement.
RequirementsThe latest official version of Xcode – Beta versions of an IDE usually never work 100% properly, and the code of this app has been written using the latest official version of Xcode and you can download it from the Mac App Store. You must use it and avoid Betas.
An Apple Mac computer, updated to its latest OS version – It’s always good to keep your macOS up to date, technology keeps growing and I follow its changes, as well as updating my templates every time a new OS gets released.
An Apple Developer Account with an active iOS Development Program – This is needed for you to publish apps on the iTunes App Store. You can still edit this template on code without that account, but you won’t be able to run it on your real iOS device since you’ll need a Team ID.
Basic knowledge of Xcode and Swift language – You don’t need to be a skilled or professional developer, anyway it’s recommended to have at least the basic knowledge of what you’re dealing with, in order to be able to customize this template and publish your applications on the App Store.
XServer API – You can either create an account and a Database on XServer.app, or buy the XServer REST API and host it into your own VPS server.
An active AdMob account – Unless you want to remove ads in this app, you need to sign up for an AdMob account to display them.
A real device to test the app before submitting it to the App Store – iOS Simulators may fail during tests, they are not reliable as a real device is, so I strongly recommend you to always run this application on a real phone/tablet. Apple’s official Guidelines also suggest this.
May 5, 2021
- Added the following keys and descriptions in the 'Info.plist' file:
• Privacy - Tracking Usage Description
** Here's a screenshot for your reference: https://i.postimg.cc/156kd2jc/att-infoplist.png **
- Imported these frameworks in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file:
- Added a function called 'requestATTPermission()' in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Called that function into the 'viewDidLoad()' function of the 'Home.swift' file:
April 20, 2021
- Updated the AdMob framework files to version 8.3.0 (in the Frameworks folder)
- Edited the 'fireInterstitialAd()' function in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Removed the GADInterstitalAdDelegate instances in the files where they are present
February 8, 2021
- Edited the 'XSSignUp()' and 'XSObject()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file, in order to get an aray of parameters and perform better API calls
- Added 2 more extensions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
- Edited all the 'let params' and 'var params' arrays in all the Swift files where they are present, in order to match the new code of the SDK and allow you to save the '&' character in a String column of your database.
February 1, 2021
- Edited the 'XSCurrentUser()' and 'XSGetPointer()' functions in the 'XServerSDK.swift' file
September 25, 2020
- Updated to Xcode 12
- Moved this line out if its IF statement in the 'Home.swift' and 'Notifications.swift' files:
DEFAULTS.set(adCount, forKey: "adCount")
September 11, 2020
- Edited the 'XSObject()' function in the 'XServerSDK.swift', now it can retrieve the saved data as a JSON object, so it can be used withint the saving function
- Edited all the calls of the 'XSObject()'' function in the swift files where such call is present
September 3, 2020
** MAJOR UPDATE **
Replaced Parse Server with the XServer backend: https://xserver.app
Please read the Documentation and this page for more info
April 23, 2020
- Updated the GoogleMobileAds framework files into the 'AdMob' folder: removed the old .framework files in the 'Frameworks' folder in Xcode and imported the new ones - this should fix the UIWebView warning message from Apple after submitting the app on the App Store
December 23, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version | Remember to update the Parse Server version of your app on back4app from the 'Manage Parse Server' section!
December 17, 2019
- Updated the 'main.js' file to compile with the latest Parse Server 3.x version.
** NOTE: IF THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING: **
1. Update your Parse Server to the latest version (currently it's 3.9.0) from the 'Manage Parse Server' section of your Parse App on back4app- unless you already have the latest version selected.
2. Upload the updated 'main.js' file into the 'Cloud Code Function' section of your app on back4app, overwrite the existing one, and Deploy it.