Brainy Filter is a well known plugin for OpenCart that allows filtering products by keywords, brands, prices, availability, rating, options, and product attributes. Now it’s available on CodeCanyon!
Brainy Filter is beautiful and works on different devices. There is a high-grade HTML/CSS code that is easy to adapt to any custom design. The filter has been tested on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone devices. The filter works with responsive themes.
Brainy Filter Superpack is a package that consists of two extensions and one add-on:
- Brainy Filter Ultimate for OpenCart 2.x
- Brainy Filter Ultimate for OpenCart 1.5.5-1.5.6
- Brainy Filter SEO add-on to Brainy Filter for OpenCart 2 (supports Brainy Filter versions starting from 4.7.2 for OpenCart 2.x)
- Easily embedded into any theme designed for OpenCart
- AJAX requests to update results without reloading the entire page
- Multiple attribute values support (many values can be entered for each attribute using a separator)
- Different layouts support
- Separate set of options for each layout and category
- A lot of settings to control what is shown in the filter
- Responsive themes support
- Multi-store functionality support
- Supports multiple languages
- Vertical and horizontal layouts
- Ability to edit the look through the admin panel
- Ordering of attribute values
- Convenient interface for managing very large amounts of attributes and options (enabling/disabling, etc.)
- Ability to shrink and expand certain amount of attribute values if there are too many
- Cache to increase response speed
- Sliders with labels and inputs
- Retina friendly images
- Showing the filter as a widget (normally used on mobile devices)
- Hide/Show out of stock products
- Can send requests after filter parameters are changed or a button is pressed
- ... and a lot more! Please check our demo!
Cache for fast filtering
- Brainy Filter caches all data into special database tables and uses simple text search to avoid complex queries and dramatically increase the speed of product filtering. You can have thousands of products without any problems
- Cache is updated automatically when something is changed through OpenCart interface
- Cache can be updated manually or by triggering a special link. You can also use a cron job
Brainy Filter module structure
Brainy filter consists of two tabs: Basic Settings and Module Instances. In case you have installed the Brainy Filter SEO add-on there should be the third tab called SEO settings.
The Basic Settings tab includes global settings applicable to the module and all its instances. The module instances tab replicates most of the basic settings for each module instance (e.g. a particular layout or a category). Thus normally you would have to define all settings in the Basic Settings tab. Then if you need something specific for a particular layout or a category you should create a new instance in the Module Instances tab for that layout or category and do your settings for that particular layout/catefory.
Brainy Filter can be installed in the same way as any other OpenCart module. You can learn how to do that from this tutorial http://docs.opencart.com/extension/installer/.
Please note that there are different files should be used for OpenCart 1.5.x, 2.0-2.2, and 2.3.x!
Once it is installed it will automatically detect the area in your theme where filtered products should be shown. However if you have a custom theme or the theme you have purchased is structured significantly different to what is generally used in OpenCart you may have to adjust the Product List Container and the Pagination Panel selectors through the admin panel of the module.
How can you know if you should adjust the settings? When the filter won’t update the list of products or the entire page is reloaded instead of using an AJAX request it means it cannot automatically find the container for the list of filtered products and you should define a new selector depending on the code of your theme. If you don’t know how to do it you can contact our support team for assistance.