BeDrive allows you to create your own self-hosted file sharing and hosting website in minutes with no coding knowledge. It has an impressive feature set that rivals and even surpasses current industry leaders such as dropbox or google drive.
- Easy Installation – Install BeDrive easily with no coding or server knowledge in a few minutes with our easy to use installer and documentation.
- Ajax Based – BeDrive is a ajax based application, which means it has no browser page refreshes when navigating trough the application.
- Folders – Each user can create unlimited folders and sub-folders to host their files. They will be displayed and can be navigated from left panel folders list and breadcrumbs above the files list.
- Translatable – BeDrive is fully translation ready. All you need to do is translate key – value pairs in a simple text file.
- Responsive – BeDrive is fully responsive and will work on desktop and touch devices.
- File Previews – Preview multiple file types including audio, video, text, pdf, zip and images right in the browser without the need to download the file.
- Amazon S3, Rackspace, Dropbox – Easily switch between using your servers hard drive, Amazon S3, Rackspace or Dropbox for file storage.
- Documentation – BeDrive comes with in depth documentation that explains everything from installation to all the features.
- HTML5 Multi File Upload – Files are uploaded using modern HTML5, it supports multiple file uploads, resumable uploads and live upload progress panel.
- User System – Fully featured users system with social login(facebook, twitter and google), normal login, registration, password recovery, account settings and more.
- Links – Easily share file links via social services like facebook and twitter, send them via email right from dashboard so people without your site account can easily preview them, protect them with a password if needed.
- Disable Registration – Registration can be fully disabled from admin panel so only users you create manually from admin panel will be able to login.
- Grid and List views – Both grid and list views are available and freely switchable by the user so they can select the one they prefer more.
- Ads – 6 integrated ad spots. All you need to do is paste your ad codes in admin area and BeDrive will do the rest.
- Professional Design- Impress your users with a pixel-perfect professional design based on google material design.
- Settings- There are many settings that allow you to customize the site to your needs, including maximum allowed file size, max simultaneous uploads, file format whitelist and blacklist, maximum space for each user, meta information and more.
- Analytics – Google analytics are integrated right into admin area so you don’t need to open a separate page to see how your site is doing.
- Multiple Homepages – Choose between multiple homepages including landing page, login page or your own custom html page.
- Payments system – BeDrive comes with integrated subscription system that allows you to effortlessly offer your users plans with different amount of space available (fully configurable by you), this system can be completely disabled as well if you prefer.
- Drag and Drop – BeDrive has a near desktop drag and drop experience, including selecting multiple items by dragging a box with a mouse, dragging items to a different folder/trash, uploading items by dragging them onto the site and more.
- Context Menu – Fully integrated context menu (right click on file or folder) is available with all the actions you’d expect like delete, copy, share, move, rename, get link and more. This menu can be accessed from navigation bar as well on touch based devices.
- Trash – Deleted items will first be moved to trash so they can be restored later.
- Favorites – Favorite files or folders so you can find them easily from favorites page later.
- Search – Powerful search will find files and folders that are at any level of depth.
- Recent Activity – Panel on the right will display any activity that occurred recently in active folder, include file uploads, deletion, favorite and more.
- PHP >= 5.4
- MCrypt PHP Extension
- PDO Extension (enabled by default)
- php_fileinfo Extension (enabled by default)
- MySQL, Postgres, SQLite or SQL Database Server.
2017 May 4 – Version 1.9.2
- File and folder download urls will now be encrypted properly. - Space usage will now load correctly when using S3. - Improved performance of dashboard when folder has many files. - Thumbnails for svg images will now be generated properly. - Facebook social login will now work with new version of facebook API. - Multiple files will now be properly selectable.
2017 March 4 – Version 1.9.1
- Fixed an issue where files in recent folder were not marked as favorited correctly. - Fixed an issue where file would disappear until page reload when moving it to folder it was already in. - Fixed an issue where 'copy' and 'move' actions were not working in recent and favorite folders. - Fixed an issue where upgrade modal was not working without page refresh after logging in. - Fixed an issue where file renaming would not be reflected in favorites folder until page refresh. - Fixed an error that occurred when uploading files to folder if that folder had sub-folders. - Fixed copying file link to clipboard not working on some browsers. - Fixed an issue with search sometimes not working when in favorites or trash folder. - Fixed some grammar mistakes in english translation files.
2016 October 20 – Version 1.9
- Implemented proper infinite scroll for uploaded files in users dashboard. - Space available for specific user can now be changed from admin area > users page. - Number of files that should be loaded in users dashboard initially can now be specified in settings page. - Site url can now be changed from settings page. - Current BeDrive version can now be seen in admin area. - Fixed an issue where composer was not working properly. - Fixed layout of edit user modal in admin area > users page. - A number of other smaller bugfixes.
2016 August 15 – Version 1.8
- BeDrive will now work on servers where PUT and DELETE requests are disabled. - Fixed an issue with user password not being updateable from user dashboard. - Fixed an issue where file with password was sometimes not shareable. - Fixed an issue with BeDrive sometimes only using half the screen on phones. - Fixed an issue with analytics page not working sometimes. - Fixed an issue with multiple files download not working if using S3 for storage.
2016 May 12 – Version 1.7
- Root folder will now show its sub-folders in dashboard. - Fixed an issue with files that had password being downloadable without it. - Fixed an issue with files having double extension when downloading. - Fixed some display issues in admin area that occurred on firefox. - Fixed an issue with sharing not working properly. - Fixed an issue with some settings not saving properly in admin area. - Fixed an issue with settings page not working properly if using s3 for storing files. - Fixed an issue with database prefix not working correctly during installation.
2016 February 19 – Version 1.6
- Implemented a new installer that will try to automatically correct a number of common server issues. - Long press on file thumbnail will now open file context menu on touch screens. - Double tap on file thumbnail will now open file preview on touch screens. - Mail and cloud storage credentials can now be entered in admin area > settings page directly. - Free plan maximum space will now be correctly reflected in upgrade modal. - Link copy functionality should now work properly on firefox. - Fixed an issue where folder renaming would not reflect in subfolders breadcrumbs properly. - Fixed an issue where not logged in users could not download folders via share link. - Fixed an issue with avatars not being resized properly in admin area users table.
2015 December 18 – Version 1.5
- Greatly improved performance of all admin tables. - Made several improvements to responsive design. - Fixed several issues withs ads. - Fixed an issue where installation page was not scrollable. - Fixed an issue where multi-selecting would not work properly on some servers. - Fixed an issue where preview of files that are in trash would not work properly. - Fixed an issue where folders were not downloadable on some servers. - Fixed an issue where folder renaming would not reflect in breadcrumbs properly. - Fixed an issue where site name change in admin area would not affect user dashboard. - Fixed an issue where register button would still show in preview page if registration was disabled.
2015 October 28 – Version 1.4
- Meta title and description entered in admin panel will now be added to all pages. - Added some missing translations to translations file. - Improved file previews on all browsers and fixed a number of small issues related to it. - Fixed an issue where text preview was not scrolling properly. - Fixed an issue where multiple files download would not work on some servers. - Fixed an issue where image thumbnails would not work properly when using dropbox to store files. - Fixed an issue where some settings would not save properly when using dropbox to store files. - Fixed an issue with analytics page sometimes not working properly. - Fixed an issue where admin was not able to create users from admin panel if registration was disabled. - Fixed an issue where folders with # in their name would not work properly. - Fixed an issue where files would not download properly sometimes when using amazon S3 or dropbox for storing files. - Fixed an issue with some of the admin tables not working properly on Safari when using Mac or iOS. - Fixed an issue where file extension would not be added to filename properly sometimes when downloading a file.
2015 October 2 – Version 1.3
- Fixed an issue with dialogs not working on iOS and some versions of mac properly. - Fixed some issues with upgrade modal responsiveness. - Fixed an issue with upload panel getting cut off if uploading many files at the same time. - Fixed an issue where non admin accounts were not able to delete files from trash properly. - Fixed an issue with user settings modal not working when in admin area. - Fixed an issue with first name and last name fields being mixed in admin area users page.
2015 September 20 – Version 1.2
- Fixed an issue with thumbnails not generating properly for uploaded images on some servers. - Fixed an issue with files not being deleted from filesystem properly after user deletes them from trash page. - Fixed an issue where some service keys were shown in plain text when viewing page source. - Fixed an issue with folders being movable to themselves via move to menu. - Fixed an issue with admin area analytics page getting cut off on smaller screens.
2015 September 07 – Version 1.1
- Lading page will now redirect to users dashboard if it's accessed when user is logged in. - Files table in admin area will now show user that file belongs to. - Ads will now be hidden for subscribed/premium users. - Fixed an issue where register button would still be visible after disabling registration from admin area. - Fixed an issue with rar, iso, apk and some other more obscure file types not uploading properly sometimes. - Fixed an issue with file and folder move modal not being closable. - Removed some deprecated features information from documentation.