What is BasePress
BasePress is the perfect solution to add a knowledge base to any existing WordPress website. It features a single or multi product mode to create multiple independent knowledge bases with one installation, allowing your visitors to find the information they need faster and without confusion. BasePress is ready to use in one minute and gives you full control with modern and easy to use administration tools.
Full Features listSingle and Multi Product mode that can be changed at any time.
Content can be organized with unlimited hierarchy levels
- Live Smart search with snippets of the content for each found articles with highlighted terms.
- Search results sorted by visitors views and votes.
- Smart search on/off.
- Limit smart search results.
- Custom search placeholder text.
- Custom search button text.
- Show submit button on/off.
- Search result page title.
- Show all results text
- Breadcrumbs for easy navigation.
- Custom knowledge base name for breadcrumb.
- Sections pagination.
- Articles pagination.
- Next and Previous articles.
- Table of Contents on articles and widget.
- SEO friendly permalinks.
- Works with both plain and pretty permalinks.
- Articles voting on/off.
- Custom votes question.
- Hide dislike button on/off.
- Show votes counters on/off.
- Multiple vote icons selector.
- Bulk actions to reset articles votes and views independently.
- Ristrictions on/off.
- Restricted page notice
- Show Teaser Content on/off
- Change teaser length
- Show Login form on/off
- List and boxed style for sections and sub-section selectable independently.
- 1 to 4 columns layout for product and sections pages.
- Limit articles list quantity in sections pages.
- Show sections icons on/off.
- Show articles icons on/off.
- Show article counter in sections on/off.
- Add image and description to products.
- Add image, icon and description to sections.
- Add icon to articles.
- Easy products and sections editor powered by Ajax.
- Products, sections and articles reorder with easy drag & drop.
- Multiple templates for articles.
- Easily create your own themes and templates with ad hoc templating functions.
- Comes with 3 fully functional themes.
- Products list widget.
- Sections list widget.
- Related articles widget.
- Popular articles widget based on votes and views.
- Table of Contents
- Easy shortcode editor to create list of knowledge base articles with result tester.
- BasePress is translation ready via .pot files as per WordPress standard.
- English and Italian translations are included.
- Compatible with WPML. Tested and certified by WPML team.
Version 1.6.7 – November 17, 2017
-Fixed Search and Articles navigation not working on some installations
Version 1.6.6 – October 17, 2017
-Added possibility to disable the Table of Contents on individual articles
Version 1.6.5 – October 4, 2017
-Fixed post counter not working on some WordPress installations -Fixed Modern Theme Settings page disappearing in previous updates
Version 1.6.4 – September 30, 2017
-Fixed bug appearing if Yoast SEO is installed which would prevent the links in the Table of Contents to work
Version 1.6.3 – September 4, 2017
-Further Fixed automatic update conflict with Lite version on WordPress repository (If you see an automatic update to version 1.7 ignore the message as it refers to a lite version. Update to version 1.6.3 to remove this and any future notice) -Fixed sections from not appearing if they had not articles but only sub-sections
Version 1.6.2 – August 31, 2017
-Fixed automatic update conflict with Lite version on WordPress repository -Improved themes grid system
Version 1.6.1 – August 2, 2017
-Fixed articles views counter and articles navigation which stopped working on some WordPress installations
Version 1.6.0 – June 26, 2017
-Added Content Restriction -Improved Settings page -Fixed article navigation which could loose the order if articles were deleted
Version 1.5.0 – June 22, 2017
-Added WPML compatibility -Added possibility to add search bar in posts or pages with shortcode to allow KB searches from anywhere
Version 1.3.0 – May 16, 2017
-Added the possibility to have unlimited sub-sections levels -Added comment support on knowledge base articles -Fixed search results for languages with special characters -Improved default theme -Added new theme -Added function.php on themes to extend theme customization -Improved theme customization
Version 1.2.1 – Apr 30, 2017
-Fixed bug where Table of Content widget was appearing in sections as well -Moved Table of content after Article title in default theme -Improved Table of Content - now it works on multipage articles as well. -Complete redesign of the live smart search algorithm and search result page. -Added search results title for ‘No results found’ in search settings -Added option to include number of found posts on search result page title -Improved results for Popular articles widget
Version 1.2.0 – Apr 10, 2017
-Added Table of Contents on articles body and widget -Added Previous and next article navigation -Added option to disable search suggestions on touch devices by screen height -Added option to display text for ‘View All’ on search bar suggestion window -Moved search result page title to options -Fixed a bug on search results page that would not show results for multiple words searches -Added images to sections -Added red border on invisible products on Products page to remind that they are not displayed on front end -Minor improvements on default theme
Version 1.1.0 – Mar 27, 2017
-Added Multi Site support
Version 1.0.0 – Mar 22, 2017