Avoid the Spikes is an Android Arcade game template. It was inspired by ‘Don’t Touch The Spikes’ and ‘Bird Climb’ but its totally different from both! The aim of the player is to help the bird move up, while avoiding the spikes/obstacles. The code is written in java, using Android Studio. A video tutorial is included which, goes through customization.
- Includes interstitial and Banner Google Play Services Ads – Make money from Ads easily.
- All Graphics included – All sprites are also in .ai format.
- Google Play Leaderboard – Scores are uploaded to a google Play Leaderboard for everyone to see.
- Video Tutorial Included – A video tutorial is included for a quick start.
- Top Score – The game saves the Best Scores on the user’s Device.
- Share on Facebook and others – Lets user choose where he wishes to share his game screenshot.
- Restart Feature – Player can restart game after game over.
- Rate Feature – The app asks the player to rate the app after 5 games are played to make it easier for players to give you a good rating.
- Very easy to customise – Most of the code you need to customise is in one xml file, Strings.xml.
- Pause Feature – Player can pause the game at any time by pressing the back button.
- Sound Fx and music – Just replace the placeholder sound fx and music to have music play in the background
- 4 Characters – 4 character images included!
Music and Sound Fx Used
- Game Over: http://codecanyon.net/item/falling/5732400
- Music: http://codecanyon.net/item/retro-game-loop-4/9298933
- Button click: http://audiojungle.net/item/click/872
- Coin Collect: http://codecanyon.net/item/collected-coin/5031219
- Version 1 – Initial upload
- Version 2 – Updated baseGameUtils library. When user clicks on leaderboard/achievements he would be signed in instead of displaying the “Google Play – Not Signed In” message.
- Version 2.1 – Fixed issue with Gradle Files.