Auto Pause is a nifty, lightweight jQuery plugin that automatically pauses the current playing video when a new one starts.
Example use cases
- A video portfolio page
- A blog with multiple video posts
- Two or three related videos that don’t belong to a playlist
- Auto pause playing video when new one starts
- Option to auto pause playing video when scrolling video out of view
- Option to auto play next video when the current video ends
- Compatible with HTML5 audio and video
- Compatible with Vimeo and YouTube iframe embeds
- jQuery plugin
- Well documented
- Better user experience
- Folks are less likely to be distracted (they don’t need to worry about pausing the current video before starting the next)
- Easy setup so you save time
We cannot guarantee compatibility with future versions of the Vimeo and YouTube player or their API ’s. If they make fundamental changes, there is the chance of bugs or imcompatibility. In such case, we might release an update for Auto Pause to resolve the issue. We do not provide support for behavior or errors inflicted by the Vimeo or YouTube player or their respective API .