About ARFM (Augmented Reality Food Menu) App
ARFM uses augmented reality technology to showcase a restaurant’s menu as realistic 3D food models before it comes to your plate- so you know exactly what you had ordered. ARFM replaces old, out-dated paper menus to an interactive and cool way to dine.
How to Use
- Download and print the image target from http://bit.ly/2I5rkMy
- Download the test apk from http://bit.ly/2tiUaib and install. (if not installed, allow ‘unknow source’ from your settings menu)
- Place the image target on a levelled place and in a good lighting area
- Launch the AR Menu application and complete the onboarding instructions
- Scan the image target and swipe to view different menu items
- Click order button to share your discoveries with your family and friends
Why AR Food Menu app?
- The latest trend in restaurant marketing, AR restaurant menus, and food apps supplement existing menus with digital content designed to improve customer experience and drive sales.
- AR restaurant menu apps allow customers to point their smartphone devices at any menu item to view additional interactive content
- Augmented reality restaurant menus provide easy access to essential information about dishes to improve the food selection process for customers, and help restaurants sell more items
- An effective marketing tool for restaurant owners, AR food menus can also be designed with a range of other features to enhance customer experience
- Unity3D software
- 3D Models of food items
- Image to be recognized, in this case, I have used a QR-code
- 3D Modeling software and modeling skill or you can download free fbx models from the net
- Image Editing software like PhotoShop for image editing
- Vuforia Developer Acount and license keys. Go to their site and sign up