Build your own Android Checkers game for million of players around the world. Desktop application also available!
Checkers or Draughts is a classic and well-known strategy board game played by two players on a square 8×8 gameboard. There are two modes provided; the Standard and Giveaway modes. The game rules can be set to suit your game play before starting any match. It can be played either against Android (CPU) or a friend.
- 8×8 board size (24 pieces)
- Three levels of competitive AI
- Two game modes; standard & giveaway
- Rules selection and customization
- Rules option: mandatory jump, flying king & backward jump
- Undo in-game capability
- Non-intrusive ads
- Rewarded video ads option
The game is monetized via below in-app advertising:
- Admob banners + interstitial + rewarded video ads
- AppBrain start-up interstitial (revenue booster due to high eCPM)
Requirements & Reskin
The game was developed using Java, libGDX and Android Studio. Here are some steps for the re-skinning process:-
- Import the game into Android Studio
- Replace all the images with your own graphics
- Replace the Admob ids and rename the game package
- Build a signed apk and your Checkers game is ready to be published
Don’t worry, the details of setup and the re-skinning process can be found on the provided documentation.
You can try the game on actual android devices by downloading the demo apk file here.
Included the source code for desktop application. Now, you can deploy your Checkers game on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.