All-in-One Custom Background allows you to define multiple backgrounds as background group. A background group can be used as default site or site context background and for background of specific page. You can choose between different video, image or color types for every background. Besides that backgrounds can be restricted to users, user roles or devices separately.
- Single or Multiple backgrounds
- Major Background Types are included
- Self-hosted/Native Video
- Vimeo Video
- Youtube Video or build custom Youtube Video Playlist
- Image or Image Gallery
- Color or Color Gradient
- Add Fullscreen Background or use selectors to define the backgrounds scope (default is fullscreen background)
- Easy to use Editor
- Define Global Backgrounds in reusable groups
- Define Backgrounds for Site Contexts or one Background as Default Background for site
- Responsive and Mobile Friendly (video types are restricted to non mobile devices)
- Configure Post Types where background can be configured
- Restrict backgrounds for users, roles or device
- Tested in every major browser
We believe in strong support. Just use the comment form to contact us. Also, please contact us before rating less than 5 stars to get your problems solved
Installation and Updating/ Requirements
Please note: To be able to use this plugin, you need to install an additional plugin called “Vafpress”. You should be prompted for this after plugin activation.
Single or Multiple Backgrounds
You can add an arbitrary number of backgrounds for each page. Each background can be bound to different elements on the site using CSS selectors. Find out more about selectors.
Comprehensive Video Support
Use your own videos using WordPress’ media library or pimp your theme background with a Vomeo or Youtube video.
- Customizable settings of video types
- HTML5 with Flash-Fallback
- Create custom Youtube Playlist from Youtube Videos
Image and Image Gallery
Use images from WordPress’ media gallery, custom url or directly upload one.
Color and Gradient
Use the editor to easily select a single color or a gradient with two colors and different orientations.
Global Backgrounds and Default Background
Define global backgrounds with background groups. Choose between global, group, custom or none background for page, post or custom post type. Select one background group under “Global Backgrounds” as default background for your site or define specific background group for site contexts e.g. front page, category or 404.
Usable for Fullscreen or Element Backgrounds
Through selectors you are able to define backgrounds for specific elements only.
Note: Video Background Types are only usable as fullscreen background.
Responsive and Mobile Friendly
- Videos won’t be shown on mobile devices
- Use device restriction for different backgrounds on different devicies, for instance use smaller or none background image on mobile devices.
Restriction of Backgrounds
- Backgrounds can be restricted to mobile or not mobile devices.
- Futhermore you can restrict backgrounds by user roles or specific user.
- Buy an extended license to embed this plugin into your Themeforest theme
- Contact us, if you want to use this add-on in another product outside Envato
Installation and Updating
Please refer to our external documentation.
Version 2.4 (10 February 2016)
- Extend options page with configuration of post types
- Updated libraries for visualisation of image, image galleries and all video types
- Updated TGM to latest version
Version 2.3.2 (30 July 2015)
- Fixed a typo (yes) bug, which avoided loading TGM correctly
Version 2.3.1 (11 July 2015)
- Improved theme compatibility even more
Version 2.3 (01 July 2015)
- Fixed a bug, where only 5 background groups where shown for group selection
- Improved WPML/ localization support
- Added German translation
- Updated ytPlayer (for YouTube)
Version 2.2 (11 May 2015)
- Added option to assign background groups to specific site contexts
- Improved “Custom” mode of background type “Image”
- Added configuration for size
- Extended configuration of position
- Improved wording for better understanding
- Bugfix background type “Video”
- (Again) Improved theme compatibility
Version 2.1 (23 April 2015)
- Updated TGM to latest version
- Set RGBA for colors to support opacity
- Improved compatibility with other themes/plugins
Version 2.0.1 (11 March 2015)
- Small bugfix to prevent errors on activation
- Added direct links to configuration in plugin overview (at the left)
Version 2.0 (15 February 2015)
- Define global background groups, which can be reused on pages
- or used as a default background for the whole page
- Support for arbitrary custom post types
- Updated used libraries
- A rename for hopefully better visibility
- Removed Vafpress from the core -> NOTE: You have to install this separatly now, but you should be prompted for this.
Version 1.1.1 (14 December 2014)
- Bugfix Gradient
- Bugfix Vimeo Video
- Improve loading of resources
Version 1.1 (16 November 2014)
- new Background Video Types Vimeo and Self-hosted/Native Video
- new options for Background Type Image
- Renaming Plugin
Version 1.0 (15 October 2014)
- Initial Release