CommentsEngine is a plug & play, site wide, discussion system that is built to be easy to implement on sites with static and dynamic content with minimum coding knowledge.
For Admins & Moderators
- Allow users to comment on your site content.
- Re-order comments on date, ratings, usernames.
- Allow users to vote on comments.
- Automatically hides low rated comments.
- Supports Gravtar.
- Linkify URLs on the fly.
- An array of search options.
- Search comments on the current page.
- Search comments across the site.
- Find comments by a user by clicking on their username.
- Search one users comments on one page or across the site.
- Allows setting up moderation queues.
- Flood control to control spam.
- Editing & Deleting of user comments by moderators.
- Allows editing of user comments by moderators.
- All user inputs cleaned for SQL injection + XSS attacks.
- Full documentation – see here.
- Easiy to intergrate into your exsisting user database – see documentation.
- Flexiable – works with both dynamic data driven sites & static content.
- Only requires a few lines of code.
Like all my apps, commentsEngine is fully
documented with code examples and a live
inside the download file.
The docs contain a full explanation
features and how they can be used. You can find a
copy of the documentation here
The commentsEngine is built using the latest in web technology. As such it works best in browsers using the latest standards. We recommend using a CSS3 standard browser. However this is a public facing app and as such it is designed to work okay to well with browsers down to IE7 . It is not, however, tested with IE6 or lower. Please keep that in mind before using this on your site.