4 stars because despite the "broken" aspects it was only $8 (including handling fee), it's still a decent value despite the plethora of bugs and poor documentation.
PROS: Cheap and a lot of useful stuff in the admin control panel which makes a nice foundation for further development. A lot of useful classes, if only they were documented.
CONS: This will not work "out of the box", the documentation is incomplete at best, the code overall is scattered, sloppy, inconsistent with little to no commenting. Bollocks! You've got good ideas, but comments and organization are important too!
BUT For only $8 I expected as much. Certainly I've found better for free on GitHub, but I liked the screenshots, and indeed there is a lot to like here "overall", lots of classes, and things are "almost" working. And once working is fairly feature rich. Ish.
Nevertheless, definitely "some assembly required" and I've had to do a lot of rewriting, but the lack of documentation & commenting meant I also had to spend a lot of time TRACING which I absolutely hate, especially when files are scattered about with no roadmap.
TO POTENTIAL BUYERS:
It's worth getting if you want a package you need to customize substantially anyway, a lot of the "bones" are there. BUT a few little things to help:
* Change the default mail to SENDMAIL.
* The RECAPTIA used is obsolete and non-functional.
* JQuery is overused (enough with the trendy slide animations), and in the example files called in a way that interferes with TLS (tip: remove all "http://" and just use "//" for script src & remove the obsolete "type" in script calls.)
* The term "sans" means "NOT", all the email forms are in html, yet they all are titled "sans_html" which implies they are not html, but are??!?
* Inconsistent issues, such as scripts that call for a folder called "images" but the folder is actual called "img".
It's going to take me a little time to clean it up, but mostly happy w/the caveats noted.