The Advanced Image Upload & Management script allows you to login to an administration panel and then upload an image (JPG/JPEG/GIF/PNG) to your server. However, it has some advanced features which are:
- No MySQL database needed, totally flat-file driven.
- Entire script controlled from a single settings file.
- Automatically resize uploaded images to your specified width while maintaining the original aspect ratio. This is ideal if you have bandwidth/diskspace concerns or want all uploaded images to always match a set width. This feature can be turned on or off when you upload.
- When automatically resizing images, only images over your set width will be resized, meaning smaller images will not be distorted.
- Automatically create thumbnails to your specified width while maintaining the original aspect ratio. Ideal if you want to use this script in a Gallery environment, showing the thumbnails instead of the full image is quicker and much more bandwidth friendly. This feature can be turned on or off when you upload.
- If you plan on uploading images with the same settings every time, the default values in the settings file will get applied automatically to every image you upload.
- Default values in settings file can be overridden “on the fly” for each image you upload (i.e. turn on/off image resizing, change resized image width, turn on/off automatic thumbnail creation and change resized thumbnail width).
- Specify your own upload paths for both the main images and the thumbnails.
- Uploaded images will be listed once you have logged in to the administration panel. Each image is listed with its filename, dimensions, file size, thumbnail status and a direct link.
- You can delete images from the administration panel.
- You can rename images from the administration panel.
- Control which filetypes are allowed to be uploaded (JPG/JPEG/GIF/PNG).
- Supports and preserves transparency (GIF and PNG files)
Both the PHP and CSS code is extensively commented and should (i hope!) be easy enough to follow.
It uses CSS for styling so again should be easy to modify if you would like it to match your website’s design, I’ve tried to make it as simple looking as possible so it should match a wide range of site designs without requiring too much modification.
The Username and Password for the live preview are both “admin”. Please note that you will be unable to upload, delete or rename files in the live preview.
Direct link to the live preview: