Gold Slider is a plugin for WordPress showcasing 4 (or more) posts at a time in the form of a sliding area. The plugin has the possibility to append more than 4 posts as multiples of 3. The slider accommodates the latest 4/7/10/13/17 posts from the desired category, all at once. One slide features a primary post, full-page width and three secondary ones, all four having full title and excerpt.
The user is able to add an unlimited number of slides, each of them accommodating 4/7/10/13/17 (or more) posts.
Other options include the autoplay frequency (or lack of it – manual advance) and the width of the slider. It will automatically align in the center of its container. The width field allows for pixel values for fixed width, and percentage for responsive layouts. The slider shrinks up to 20% in order to accommodate any mobile device, and by using background images (CSS:cover), each slide shows the most of its containing image.
The slider allows for customization of colours (titles, text, border and background), border type (for secondary posts) and sliding/easing mode. The border has the default CSS types,
dashed. As a personal preference, I think
solid looks the best. The easing modes are described as used in the plugin, for example
easeOutQuint uses an easing motion only when the current slide exits. “Quint” is the mathematical algorithm used by the motion. Just try them all and pick the most suitable.
Choosing a colour is as easy as clicking on it.
The plugin uses a simple HTML5-compatible structure, which fits all possible configurations.
New, responsive demo: http://getbutterfly.com/demos/gold-slider/
What’s new in version 1.3
- IMPROVEMENT: Less tags are now required to create a slider
- IMPROVEMENT: Added own thumbnail image size (no more relying on the default image sizes)
- IMPROVEMENT: All images are now displayed as stretch-to-fit backgrounds
- IMPROVEMENT: More responsive tweaks
- IMPROVEMENT: Switched to WordPress included
- FEATURE: Added accent colour which adds a coloured border above all images for better integration
- FEATURE: Added multiple levels of images for each slide
What’s new in version 1.2
- Slider is now responsive (requires a width change, e.g. from
What’s new in version 1.1
- Added corect author attribution
- Added readme.txt file
- Added Iris colour picker (WordPress 3.5 native)
- Changed WordPress version requirement (due to Iris colour picker)