WordPress eCards is a WordPress plugin used to send electronic cards to friends. It can be implemented in a page, a post or the sidebar.
Start your own eCards site! Be it Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter or Halloween, the eCards plugin works for everything.
eCards makes it quick and easy for you to send an eCard in 3 easy steps. Just choose your favorite eCard, add your personal message, and send it to any email address. When you send an eCard using this plugin, no personal information is stored in WordPress database.
eCards sends any embeddable image, be it JPG, PNG or animated GIF. If no image is found in the post, the eCard is still delivered to its recipient. eCards uses WordPress internal mail sending functions.
Highlight the number of eCards sent using the new [ecard_counter] shortcode.
eCards uses an optional PayPal™ shortcode to hide the form until a payment is made.
- Member-only restrictions
- PayPal™ sandbox mode
- Custom PayPal™ buttons
PayPal™ Payment Demo:
Flash Demo (.swf file):
- FIX: Fixed PayPal return page with no shortcode filter
- FEATURE: Added PayPal sandbox option
- IMPROVEMENT: Added .ecards (or .ecard a) as lightbox selector
- IMPROVEMENT: Renamed CSS name for enqueued styles
- HELP: Added contextual help for lightbox selectors
- HELP: Fixed typo in readme.txt file
- UPDATE: Added internal mail parameters (with options)
- UPDATE: Changed user upload behaviour
- UPDATE: Updated Dropbox Chooser to version 2
- UPDATE: Updated styles
- IMPROVEMENT: Fixed stylesheet enqueue mode
- IMPROVEMENT: General clean-up
- SECURITY: Removed Google Charts API and replaced it with a simple sparkline chart
- CHECK: Fixed a conflict on the demo page
- FIX: Added function check for reCAPTCHA conflict
- IMPROVEMENT: Switched to strict comparison for faster PHP code execution
- UPDATE: Updated compatibility with WordPress 4.0
- FIX: Reversed order of email elements, due to spam filters
- FIX: Fixed eCards chart when the plugin is first installed (no statistics)
- FEATURE: eCards can now be reordered from the Gallery screen
- UPDATE: Changed menu icon to dashicon
- UPDATE: Clarified eCard image size options
- UPDATE: Merged eCard internal counter functions
- UPDATE: Moved statistics chart to plugin’s home
- FIX: Fixed single eCard not showing (revert 2.4.3 input checking fix)
- FIX: Frontend form appearance improvements
- UPDATE: Updated all translation files with correct plural forms
- IMPROVEMENT: Admin UI performance improvements
- FIX: Removed the “Missing attachment” text if user uploaded own image
- FIX: Removed all checked attributes from eCards
- FIX: Fixed both selected image and attachment being sent
- FIX: Fixed div nesting inside paragraph element
- FIX: Removed unused option both from code and options table
- FIX: Renamed print_filters_for() function for better compatibility with other plugins
- FIX: Fixed diagnostics tab for WordPress multisite
- IMPROVEMENT: Moved eCard message and content below the image (inside email)
- IMPROVEMENT: Added radiogroup role to the list of radio inputs
- IMPROVEMENT: Removed featured image from list of available eCards
- DOCUMENTATION: Added new link for Gmail authentication
Versions below 2.0 are no longer supported.