Re-order nearly everything with drag n’ dropWorderbyPress is a plugin that allows you to easily re-order posts, pages, categories, custom taxonomies, tags and custom post types by a simple drag n’ drop without extra page!
It’s fully integrated into WordPress edition pages! This plugin is the perfect solution to re-order nerly any type of content even if those contents are created by another plugin or by your theme.
This plugin can be integrated into any theme with an extended licence and as it’s totally unbranded, you don’t need to do anything special to provide it into your own themes or plugins!
No extra page, no extra SQL table
Let’s say that you theme creates some custom post types and some custom taxonomies, and you are also running a plugin that is adding some other custom post types and custom taxonomies (hierarchical and non hierarchical).... Well WorderbyPress takes them into account without any action from your part.
All you have to do is to activate the plugin!
That’s the perfect tool! White branded because there’s no settings pages, and multisite ready !
Simply drag n drop any content and the order is automatically saved! No need to go on an extra page to reorder posts, pages etc… and no extra table are created. The plugin is using the WordPress APIs!
With WorderbyPress you can re-order:
- Custom Post Types
- Custom Taxonomies
Oh, and i almost forgot: you don’t have to click or press any button, once you drag and drop elements, the order is automatically saved through Ajax control.
Developers: To display taxonomies, tags, and categories, use orderby => ‘term_group’ in your queries.
InstallationThe installation process is very simple. Just like with any other Wordpress plugin you will have to follow through the steps below :
- Log in to your Wordpress administration panel
- Click Add New in the Plugins menu on the left side
- Click on the Upload link at the top of the page
- Locate and upload the plugin zip archive
- After the package is uploaded and extracted, Click Activate Plugin
Support Policy – Free SupportIf despite all my efforts to make good products you experience a bug, or a conflict, please create a ticket in the free support forum, and i’ll do my best to help you. I also encourage you to follow the procedure i describe below:
- Make sure WordPress, theme, and plugins are up to date
- Disable all plugins and check if the issue still exists
- Switch to the default WordPress theme and check for the issue (if the issue disappears then the issue is in your theme, not in the plugin)
- Empty your cache
- Make sure you read the documentation and followed explanations step by step
When submitting a ticket please provide details, be specific, give URLs and links to concerned pages, describe the issue as much as possible, and start your message by “hello”!
Change Logv1.1 – 01/28/2013
- Optimized code
- Added auto-updater system
- Initial release