Version 1.3 out with support for setting different rates for different states (in certain countries)
Now you can set bundle rate configurations on a per-state basis for certain countries (United States, Australia, Canada, etc). This has been requested a number of times, so thanks to all those users who have been waiting patiently for this!
About bundle rate shipping
Bundle rate shipping allows you to provide special bundled shipping rates when a customer purchases multiple items.
A shop selling books, DVDs and CDs might have the following bundled shipping rates:
- Books: $5 for the first book, $2 for every book thereafter.
- DVDs: $4 for the first DVD, $1 for every DVD thereafter.
- CDs: $4 for the first CD, $1 for every CD thereafter.
In this case, if a customer were to purchase two books, their shipping cost would be $7 ($5 for the first book, $2 for the second book).
If another customer were to order 4 DVDs, their shipping cost would be $7 ($4 for the first DVD, $1 each for the other three).
What WooCommerce Bundle Rate Shipping Plugin does
The WooCommerce Bundle Rate Shipping Plugin is designed to be flexible, so you can define bundled shipping rates based on the shipping destination, the categories of the products being sold, or their shipping class.
You can also add additional layers for each category, adding a degree of complexity that you may find suitable for your store’s situation. For example, if you sell books, you could charge $5 for the first book, $2 for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th books, and nothing for any additional books purchased.
You can add as many layers as you like.
What others have said
This is a must-have plugin for Woo.
Just wanted to say thanks for the great plugin – it’s amazing how long I spent trying to find something that would do this simple thing for me! Keep up the good work, matey. x
You guys are saving our lives here on this one. Such a simple plugin that is super powerful. Props to the Studio!
Eric was fantastic in providing his support for integration into a complex site. His service went above the bar and expectations. I was extremely impressed at his willingness to followup, test and integrate to adapt to the WooCommerce installation I had. If ANYONE is on the fence on this plugin, you should invest the money and do not hesitate. the product worked great and seemlessly on a site with over 887 products and 52 categories. Extremely happy!!!
Not using WooCommerce?There are bundle rate shipping plugins available for Jigoshop and WP-Ecommerce as well.
- Wordpress 3.1+
- WooCommerce 1.5+ (if you’re using Woocommerce 1.3 or 1.4, version 1.1.7 will still work for you)
Changelog1.3 – April 5, 2013
- Added the ability to set bundle rate configurations on a per-state basis for certain countries (United States, Australia, Canada + others). This has been requested a number of times, and to those users who have waited patiently for this—thank you.
- Prevent virtual products from being counted in shipping calculations.
1.2.1 – March 7, 2013
- Fixes a bug brought in by the last version.
1.2.0 – March 5, 2013
- Update to Woocommerce 2.0 + compatibility. This version will not support any versions of Woocommerce prior to 1.5. If you are purchasing the plugin new and need it for an older version, send me a message and I can send you the last stable working copy for Woocommerce versions before 1.5.
1.1.7 – October 18, 2012
- Fixed a bug occurring after configurations have been removed.
1.1.6 – September 20, 2012
- Fixed bug where a product variation with a shipping class different to its parent product had the parent product’s shipping class applied, rather than its own
1.1.5 – August 15, 2012
- Updated for compatibility with latest version of WooCommerce (1.6.4)
- Corrected problem found when configuration indicates specific country without actually listing a specific country
1.1.4 – July 24, 2012
- Fixed a bug in the calculation noticed when adding larger quantities
1.1.3 – July 19, 2012
- Fixed jQuery conflict bug
1.1.2 – July 16, 2012
1.1.1 – July 14, 2012
- Fix for problem with shipping class not saving
1.1 – July 10, 2012
- Major update. New features: – Create multiple bundle rate configurations and determine which products/carts they are applied to based on shipping destination, product category and/or shipping class – Prioritize configurations
- woocommerce_brs_apply_base_rate_once filter deprecated in favour of new setting in the admin area
1.0.4 – April 25, 2012
- Updated for WooCommerce 1.5.4
woocommerce_brs_apply_base_rate_oncefilter to change how rates are calculated when products from multiple categories are purchased.
1.0.3 – April 12, 2012
- Fix for problem with handling fees set as percentage
1.0.2 – February 21, 2012
- Minor bug fix
1.0.1 – February 7, 2012
- Updated for full compatibility with WooCommerce 1.4