Weather Widget 3 is a simple widget for displaying weather conditions and forecast for places across the world.
- jQuery driven (requires minimum version 1.7)
- Uses AJAX technology
- Ability to set default location
- Celsius or Fahrenheit units
- Displays today’s date, temperature, forecast for next 4 days
- Color customizable
- Adjustable Width (Note: Recommended minimum of 180 pixels)
- Comes with own black and white icons
- Has shortcode ( [weatherwidgetthree] )
- PHP cURL enabled or file_get_contents.
- PHP server is not blocking access to external sources (The Weather API in this case).
- PHP server has read/write permission to store the cache files in the widget folder (mkdir and file_put_contents).
- Go to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click “Upload” and then “Browse”.
- Select the archive “Weather Widget 3 Installer for Worpdress.zip” and click “Install Now”.
- Activate the Weather Widget 3 plugin by clicking “Activate” button.
Simply type in your post/page the following shortcode:
where MY_API_KEY is the key you have obtained from https://developer.forecast.io/register
To obtain API key, go to https://developer.forecast.io/register
- Fixed bug where the plugin could break some themes layout.
- Added option for days translation.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- API URL has been updated.
- The widget will make 3 attempts per 3 seconds to get ajax data before alerting error.
- If ajax error occur it will be prompted in the browser console.
- If the API return no data the xml will include dump of the whole xml for debugging.
- Fixed folder typo.
NOTE:: You may need to obtain new API key if you already have one.
- API has been changed. The new API is powered by http://forecast.io
- New animated icons for browsers with HTML5 canvas support.
- Added en_US .POT file for language translation purposes. The POT file covers the admin panel and the front-end.
NOTE:: Obtain API key from https://developer.forecast.io/register