The vote5 plugin allows users to vote on posts and administrators to manage votes, ban/unban IP addresses and search/filter votes. The plugin log displays a paginated table with attached posts, IPs and time of vote. The administrator is able to modify votes and see which posts have been modified. All votes are stored as custom values.
User votes are recorded both in the plugin’s database and in the custom meta values database. All posts have a custom key attached to them, holding the current votes value. Users behind web proxies or missing an HTTP referrer will be blocked, and votes will not be recorded. All votes use IP and cookie checks.What’s new in version 2.4.4
- Added button colour options (text and background)
- Fixed 3 warnings for WordPress 3.6
- Fixed a deprecated capability check
- Removed several CSS rules, as they were inherited from the main stylesheet
What’s new in version 2.4.3
A fresh, new shortcode to display a Top 10 (or 20 or 30) on any post or page:
- Added option to include/exclude custom post types
- Added individual filtering with total number of votes
- Added hostname to vote logs
- Added better cookie check and vote fraud detection
- Added special category to show the vote button
Demo is available on the official site.