ViralPress is a wordpress plugin to build a viral content sharing platform. ViralPress supports news, lists, images, audio, videos, social media embeds, polls and quizzes.
With ViralPress, anyone can easily create viral lists, quizzes and polls quickly and easily. ViralPress has its own author profiles, login, signup & password reset pages bypassing default wordpres pages that makes your site looks more dedicated & professional.
Alternatively you can use BuddyPress along with ViralPress. If BuddyPress is installed, ViralPress will auto detect it to add a Posts tab and activity updates to profiles.
ViralPress is compatible with most of the wordpress themes around here. Besides, you can customize your site with other plugins & themes as necessary.
So now you can create your own Buzzfeed like site on wordpress.
ViralPress offers a wide list of features. Some of them are presented below-
- Frontend Editor: With ViralPress, you do not have to let your contributors access your wordpress admin panel to create & edit viral posts. They can post and manage via frontend easily.
- Custom Login & Signup Page: ViralPress has its own login, signup & password reset page matching your frontend theme. No need to send your users to wp-admin for login.
- Eight types of Viral Posts: ViralPress supports news, lists, images, videos, audio, quiz, polls and social media embeds.
- Mixed Contents: ViralPress allows you to mix different types of contents together. So you can mix image, video, audio or social media embeds on a single post.
- Frontend Image Editor: Wordpress default image editor is available via frontend to be used by contributors of your wordpress site.
- Social Login: ViralPress login module supports login by facebook or google profiles.
- Facebook comments: ViralPress supports facebook comments plugin on post pages besides wordpress default comments system. You can turn in on or off via ViralPress admin configurations page.
- Social Share Buttons: ViralPress adds 11 different social media share buttons with your wordpress posts or viral posts. You can also control this feature from admin panel.
- Custom Author Page: ViralPress has custom profile pages for authors where they can choose their own profile pictures and cover photos.
- Powerful Quiz & Poll Builder: With ViralPress, one can build awesome quizzes & polls. It is possible to add textual or pictorial question as well as answers. As well as whether it can be chosen whether the quiz is fixed answer type or analytical type. Possible to assign quiz results based on scores obtained. While creating polls, one can also set the voting end time.
BuddyPress Integration: (v1.1) ViralPress now supports buddypress. When any user creates a list, their BuddyPress profile will be updated with the activity along with post title, post excerpt and post thumbnail. ViralPress will also embed a Posts tab on buddypress profiles which lists authors published posts. If you have BuddyPress installed, ViralPress should auto detect it.
- News: A news have a title and description with it. You can also add image, video, audio or social media posts with a news.
- Lists: Its basically a list of images, videos, audio or any other post type supported by ViralPress.
- Images: jpg, png & gif images are supported. Upload from computer or remote url upload is supported. This uses wordpress default uploader in frontend.
- Videos: Video embeds from Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Ted, BBC, LiveLeak & Vine supported.
- Audio: Audio embeds from Soundcloud supported.
- Pins: Social Media embeds from facebook (post, page & video), twitter (tweet & profile), vine, google plus (post), pinterest (pin, board & profile), instagram (post) supported.
- Quiz: ViralPress supports two types of quiz – fixed answer type, analytical quizzes. In fixed answer type quizzes, if one chooses the correct answer, they get 1 point otherwise 0 point. On the other hand in analytical quizzes, user gets point based on their choice. Creator of the quiz can assign results based on the score use user gets.
- Polls: ViralPress also supports polls. Any member of your site can create polls & participate on voting. Poll results are shown only to members who participate or when voting period ends.
- Legend: This is the default list style. View sample
- Boxed: List number is shown in boxes. View sample
- Inline: List number is shown inline. View sample
- One column: Title, content and description shown in one column. View sample
- Two column, picture left: Lists are displayed in two columns. Left column shows the picture/video/embed and right column shows title & description.
- Two column, picture right: This style is just opposite to the style described above.
- Two column, alternating: Odd numbered lists follow two column-left picture style and even numbered lists follow two column-right picture style. View sample
Note: List style and display settings are applied on if an entry is checked to show numbering or numbering is enabled on the post.
To run ViralPress, your server must meet the following requirements-
- Wordpress: Latest version of wordpress. If you do not have latest version, we recommend version 4 or greater)
- Theme compability: ViralPress should work on most of the themes. However, in some themes few pages will look better if the sidebar is hidden. For example, the create new post page or the custom author page requires the full width of a page to display nicely. But some wordpress themes do not have any full width display template. For those themes, you will have to create a full width template yourself or change the theme.
To test a demo of this plugin, please use the following URL –
ViralPress demo website
To get help and support please contact us via Email on our codecanyon profile page. We do not provide support via comments section of item page. If you have presales question or feature requests, you can post on comments section.
Note: The preview images displayed here are theme dependent and will vary based on the theme used.
Credits: Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Update Historyv2.4 (10 May 2016)
- Fixed: Bug fix with google plus embed.
- Added: Option to add recaptcha to signup and editor forms.
- Changed: Removed some of the reaction buttons.
- Fixed: Bug fix with video embed width.
- Added: Admin option to choose which of your theme menu should be used by ViralPress.
- Fixed: Bug fix with item pagination.
- Added: Liveleak video embed support.
- Changed: Added large share buttons on quiz score dialog.
- Fixed: Bug fix with facebook share on quiz score dialog.
- Fix: Video embeds were not responsive.
- Fix: List images were not being attached to parent post.
- Fix: Bug fix with dailymotion embed.
- Added: Option to turn off post reactions. After upgrade from older versions, you must enable post reactions from ViralPress admin config page to keep post reactions displaying on your site.
- Fix: Bug fix with image uplods.
- Fix: Bug fix with ted video embeds.
- Improved: Display improved for reaction and share buttons in small devices.
- Added: Multiple category selection in ViralPress editor.
- Added: Tag selection in ViralPress editor.
- Added: Added links in admin panel to edit posts in ViralPress editor.
- Added: Auto update and license activation for ViralPress.
- Added: Option to enable or disable ViralPress editor for all users or admins only.
- Added: Option to enable or disable ViralPress user flow (login, register & recovery system).
- Added: Option to use categories to save viral post. This option will save the viral posts into categories with the same name as the post type.
- Fixed: Few bug fix.
- Fixed: Bug fix in quiz builder.
- Fixed: Few bug fix.
- Added: 12 types of post reactions.
- Added: 3 types of list style option.
- Added: 4 types of list display option.
- Added: ted.com and bbc video support.
- Added: Option to add source URL with each entry.
- Improvements: Numbering is turned off by default on news type posts.
- Removed: “Pins” term removed from nav menu.
- Added: Option to block or allow admin panel (backend) access to contributors.
- Added: Option to allow or disallow contributors to edit posts after pending approval. Edited posts are sent to pending folder after edit if moderation is enabled.
- Fixed: An important bug fix in quiz editor.
- Added: BuddyPress Integration (Buddypress activity and posts tab on profile)
- Added: Option to enable or disable ViralPress custom menu
- Fixed: Added missing textdomain loader for plugin
- Initial Release