Video Gallery Intro
Responsive, localized, awesome, fully featured, fast. The most advanced stock video gallery in the world! Now as a WordPress plugin!
WordPress 3.5 Compatible
1. Three skins for you to choose from. So now it can fit perfectly in your site design.
2. A custom admin panel prepared for the gallery. Feeds from self hosted videos, videos hosted on s3 amazon, youtube, vimeo, images, vimeo or even audio ( so it’s a media gallery )
3. Has html5 functionality so that it can display on iPhone / iPad.
4. Cross-browser compatible. Works on every major browser.
Video Gallery Features
- easy install – purchase, download the zip, access your WordPress Admin Menu > Plugins > Add New > Upload zip and that’s all! Go to Settings > Zoom Video Gallery and start adding videos.
- two skins + skin generator – choose from Complete or Light skin for every gallery you setup
- iPhone/iPad compatible – this plugin generates html5 videos if the visitor is on an iToy
- full of choices – set up the gallery just by inputing your YouTube user/playlist in the ‘feed’ tag of the xml file. all descriptions/titles/thumbs/videos will be feeded directly from YouTube so you won’t need to write anything other then that
- hybrid – it can be a video player / example in the preview
- extensive admin panel – admin panel with lots of options to make the gallery as customizable as possible, yet easy to use. Comes with a drag & drop html5 uploader too! And awesome functionality like drag & drop for items, duplicate galleries etc. to make your life easier while editing the gallery. You can setup unlimited number of galleries in the admin as well as put them in the content.
- backup database / import, export feature - keep your database safe and do regular backups via the Export Database feature included with this plugin.
- easy to install - install and get this plugin ready in less then three minutes. Add it to your content via a simple shortcode – [videogallery id=”theidyousetintheadmin”] .
- auxiliary shortcodes – want to get a single video in your post without having to go through the admin ? The [video], [youtube] and [vimeo] shortcodes are built just for that. You just have to set the id for the youtube or vimeo shortcode, or the location for the video shortcode.
What clients say
nice work as always
OH MAN IT RUNS LIKE A DREAM THIS IS THE BESt AND EASIEST VIDEO PLAYER I EVER USED ON WP
Showcase – where clients used this gallery
Extensive Admin Panel with loads of options
When i add videos one by one in normal mode what is maximum quantity of videos?70 is the normal limit per gallery ( remember that you can have unlimited galleries though ) . Normally, you won’t reach the limit for a single gallery, but if really needed this (php) limit can be overcome by increasing max_input_vars in the php.ini or htaccess . So it can have unlimited videos.
Can i set plugin for autostart full screen when i enter the site?Yes, just set the Video Gallery Fullscreen on the homepage
Hi this plugin is great. But I m getting some jquery conflicts with other plugins. How can I disable your Jquery call and use the one that my theme has?he other plugins are the fault here because the gallery uses the wordpress one and enqueues it in the correct form ( if it’s already loaded by wp_enqueue_script, it will not load again. )
Where can I define a playlist to show without having to import it every time again and again?Choose YouTube Playlist – here
Currently I host my videos at 2 external video hosting sources, namely smugmug and screencast, may I know is it possible to get my videos hosted at these 2 places to work with your plug-in.The only supported external video delivery places are youtube, vimeo because they have an API. If you want to embed those videos you need to host them on a site of yours.
I have different galleries and I am changing the IDs on the pages however the same gallery keeps coming up.
The correct form of the shortcode with a gallery id is [videogallery id=”theid”] . As long as the id is the same as in the gallery you are creating in the admin, there should be no problem to have different galleries.
There might be a problem however with WordPress recognizing the id, this might be because you have entered something like [videogallery id=”theid”] insted of [videogallery id=”theid”] - notice the difference between “ and “
Also try without the apostrophes – [videogallery id=theid]
You can also try [videogallery id=theid] – no quotation marks
Hello, I downloaded your Video Gallery plugin and although it says I should be able to use multiple players with multiple playlists on different pages using the shortcode, the same player shows up on every page. Can you please help me?
You just need to create multiple instances via the Settings > DZS Video Gallery admin.
You create for instance to separate galleries – gal1 and gal2. You then add them where you want in your post / page via the [videogallery id=”gal1”] and [videogallery id=”gal2”] shortcodes.
How many videos can it hold? is there a limit to how many videos I can have on the plater
The number of videos supported by the gallery is virtually unlimited. Just don’t put something like tens of thousands (10,000) of videos or it might work a little slow
Please can you tell me, can I put different instances of this player on different pages of my site, so not the same player repeated on other pages
You can set up as many instances of the player / gallery as you want – and set it up on each page through [videogallery id=”theid”] shortcode – works in template pages as well via php code or even as an widget
Hi, regarding your worpress video player plugin, does it support youtube playlists or is it only individual videos
It supports youtube playlists feed, youtube user feed, and individual videos and Vimeo user channel feed
What’s the PHP code to set this gallery outside of posts/pages ( in template files for example )
echo do_shortcode('[videogallery id="theid"]');
But the video title and descriptions have to be in English. Any non-English character won’t show in the playlist. Could you help me with this issue? Thanks.
I made a video here on how to embed non english characters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJ7vU8fQ-E
When I try to upload the video files to WordPress’ Media feature, it’s telling me the files are too large. Can’t exceed 8MB. Is there a way around this, so I can get the videos into DZS
Well.. that is the limit your host providers has set for web file uploads. Usually, that is 8MB like in this case and sometimes it’s 32MB ( like on HostGator ). If you have files larger then this limit, you need to copy them on your host via FTP ( preferably on the same domain ) and input the link to it in the field left to the Upload button.
I am searching for a Video Player WordPress Plugin that supports all the browsers, mobiles and tablets. Also, 1. Option of video quality like youtube (auto, 240p,360p,480p,720p,1080p) 2. The video shortcode/embed code will response to screen size automatically? 3.Can you make it work not only as a gallery but and as a single player?
1. You can use the custom player for youtube which allows only SD quality and HD or use the default player for youtube 2. If you enable Responsive option, yes. 3. Definately, if it’s one item, there is no need for a gallery and a player will show up instead.
Can it display multiple playlist from different users ? What will happened after I installed your plugin as existing theme also have gallery ? From backend, you can see all the videos retrieve from playlists ? Can I arrange the videos from playlists into category n pages ?
Yes, but in different galleries.
Probably nothing, but in the extremely unlikely case the theme gallery has the same shortcode [videogallery] it will be overwritten.
No, the playlist ordering is done by YouTube. You just have to set the id of the playlist.
I get this error Warning: file_get_contents(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/ http://www.youtube.com/user/PrimeKreative/uploads?v=2&alt=jsonc) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request in /home2/primekre/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/dzs-videogallery/videogallery.php on line 186This error will appear if you are using playlist / user channel feed / vimeo user channel feed and have allow_furl_open disabled on your host, because the server can’t get the API data from YouTube vimeo.. There is no valid reason to have that disabled.
You’ll need to enabled allow_furl_open on your server or ask your host to do it …
Is there and Video SEO built into the plugin for YouTube videos?Yes, the plugin automatically imports titles in descriptions in headings and divs so that it’s visible to search engines.
Designer Center does not work for me.Make sure you have selected Use Custom Design in the DZS Video Gallery in the Video Gallery you are editing.
Video Gallery will not work. I am using YouTube Playlist feed.If your playlist id is in this form PL7FAF7B7187A183D7 it should actually be like this -> 7FAF7B7187A183D7 so without the PL characters at start.
I have entered all the videos addresses from Vimeo via the admin panel however, I’m unable to see the thumbnails on the front end. Please advise.
Hello 1. enable allow_url_fopen in PHP -> http://php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php , http://www.solo-technology.com/blog/2010/04/07/quick-fix-for-url-file-access-is-disabled-issues/
2. input the thumbs manually in the Thumb field, I even made a tool for that -> http://digitalzoomstudio.net/vimeo-thumbnail-generator/
Does this work with uploaded .flv, .wmv, .avi and mpg4 files?
- It works with YouTube, Vimeo videos ( you just need to enter the video id in the admin )
- It works with .flv files ( h.264 .mp4 / .m4v / .mov are recommended though because iPhone can read only that )
- It works with .mp3 files
- It works with images
Will it work with Videos hosted on Amazon s3?Yes.
For updating, disable and delete the previous version, and install the new downloaded one. Or just unpack the zip you get from the download and overwrite the previous folder from wp-content/plugins/
UPDATE 6.41 [ 06/16/2013 ]
- [fix] big bug on the controls displaying in center of the video
- [add] you can now have inline ads display before the video ( this includes iframe, custom html code, even adsense )
UPDATE 6.40 [ 06/14/2013 ]
- [fix] the gallery no longer breaks layouts
- [fix] some bugs
- [add] video player configs tab in the admin
- [add] new pagination method – paginate by pages, “infinite scroll” and button ( Load More )
UPDATE 6.30 [ 04/27/2013 ]
- [fix] improved playlist function and caching – you can now add multiple playlists and overcome YouTube api limit of 40 videos.
- [add] new navigation mode to scroll the playlist – scroller
UPDATE 6.20 [ 04/09/2013 ]
- [tweak] new, better way to detect youtube video end
- [fix] ads before video
- [fix] logo, embed, share button were no longer showing up
- [add] vimeo iframe options in main options panel
- [add] logo position in Designer Center
- [add] video gallery fullscreen option in every post / page
UPDATE 6.10 [ 04/04/2013 ]
- [fix] the bug when a youtube video ended
- [fix] wall mode not showing up
- .. some other small improvements
UPDATE 6.00 [ 03/27/2013 ]
- reworked admin menu location – now removed from Settings and having three submenus
- reworked Designer Center – now available for the html5 gallery too and added it inside the WordPress Dashboard
- reworked [video source=locationoffile.mp4] shortcode
- reworked preview site
- added skin_pro fully responsive, retina ready skin
- added skin_bigplay – minimal skin
- added [videogallerylightbox] shortcode – open the video gallery in a lightbox
- fixed some reported bugs
UPDATE 5.32 [ 03/01/2013 ]
- added japanese translation
- added german translation
- updated preview
- fixed image type
- added inline type option for items ( you can embed content from any platform now via their embed iframe code – ie. dailymotion, metacafe, hulu, gametrailers
UPDATE 5.11 [ 02/10/2013 ]
- fixed a fatal IE9 / IE10 bug
UPDATE 5.10 [ 02/08/2013 ]
- fixed some bugs
- new settings in the admin
- added tag editor
- redone admin structure
- redone preview
UPDATE 5.00 [ 12/01/2012 ]
- major update
- new settings in the admin
- independent skin selection for video gallery, video player and flash video gallery
- awesome new skin for the html5 video player
- new skin for the gallery
- added HD button for YouTube videos
- you can now choose how to control the navigation – classic slide or via arrows ( cool for when you have many videos )
- added three new display modes – wall ( renamed the old wall to alternatewall) , rotator and rotator3d
- fixed some autoplay and youtube/vimeo import bugs
- added advertisement support – you can now have a video / image / youtube video play before the video you are going to run
- fixed fullscreen bug
- fixed menu alternate display mode bug
- fixed some other bugs noted
- fixed autoplay bug
- fixed cover photo bug
- added new option to generate the shortcode directly from the editor
UPDATE 4.2.0 [ 06/27/2012 ]
- added error reporting for wrong username / playlist ids
- added cue first video / cover image options
- fixed some bugs
UPDATE 4.1.0 [ 05/06/2012 ]
- fixed a bug with the admin not loading
- added new features for the html5 player
- logo support
- embed support
- share support
- added new feature in the admin – import items from yt user or playlist or vimeo user channel
- external apis requests are now cached for lower server load
- localization / translation ready
UPDATE 4.0.4 [ 05/04/2012 ]
- fixed a bug with the gallery not working in html5 mode / ipad
UPDATE 4.0.2 [ 03/31/2012 ]
- fixed some bugs with the admin panel
UPDATE 4.0.1 [ 03/14/2012 ]
- fixed some bugs with the admin panel
UPDATE 4.0.0 [ 03/10/2012 ] WARNING – major update and database structure change, this version is not compatible with the older ones. Galleries will have to be remade.
- fixed some bugs
- redesigned description on videos
- added html5 gallery as an option
- the gallery is switchable via the Switch to HTML5 button if enabled in the admin
- complete redesign of the admin
- restructured and updated documentation
- embed button
- share button
- hd button
UPDATE 3.2.0 [ 11/08/2011 ]
- fixed file_get_contents() error ( does not work because allow_url_fopen is disabled on your server, you can ask your hosting provider how to enable it ) by adding a new field in the admin – Direct URL Access, which makes the gallery retrieve the youtube playlist / user channel, not the server via PHP like until now ( default is ON, you need to set it to OFF if for some reason you get that error or the playlist does not display ) ( request by: all )
UPDATE 3.1.3 [ 10/06/2011 ]
- added menu scroll speed option ( request by: libertad )
- bug fix where the wall layout would not work ( request by: all )
UPDATE 3.1.2 [ 09/27/2011 ]
- bug fix where the gallery would only play a sample video ( request by: all )
UPDATE 3.1.1 [ 09/24/2011 ]
- bug fix where the audio will still play when the video is over on youtube videos ( request by: all )
UPDATE 3.1.0 [ 09/14/2011 ]
- several bug fixes with menu position left / up & playlist feed ( request by: all )
- added deeplinking option for the url to point to the specific video you are watching ( request by: Poloplayer )
- added ‘controls do not overlay video’ option in designer center ( request by: drone22 )
UPDATE 3.0.0 [ 08/27/2011 ]
- added several options in the admin
- added import / export DB commands
- Video Gallery Designer Center now included!
UPDATE 2.8.1 [ 08/18/2011 ]
- fixed a major bug that would take you to google.com on fullscreen exit / enter
UPDATE 2.8.0 [ 08/05/2011 ]
- added shortcodes for single youtube video, vimeo video and local video so you don’t have to create a gallery, add a single item now and remove the menu now, you just write the shortcode [video source=”pathtovideo”] or [youtube id=”idofthevideo] or [vimeo id=”idofthevideo”]
UPDATE 2.7.0 [ 08/04/2011 ]
- added window mode – opaque / transparent option
- added left and up menu position possibility
- vimeo fullscreen bug fix
- feed from vimeo user channel possibility
UPDATE 2.6.0 [ 12/07/2011 ]
- added wall layout option
- added default volume option
UPDATE 2.5.0 [ 10/06/2011 ]
- fixed an autoplay bug where the sound plays first when autoplay off
- added video gallery widget
- fixed a bug where boxes appeared instead of videos on some sites
UPDATE 2.4.3 [ 20/04/2011 ]
- fixed a bug with VIMEO videos not loading ( there seemed to be a change in the VIMEO API )
- The js files now only loads where it is needed ( where the pages have the shortcode )
UPDATE 2.4.2 [ 14/04/2011 ]
- fixed a bug when thumbnail & autoplay – off are set
UPDATE 2.4 [ 31/03/2011 ]
- added a new skin – rouge
- vimeo thumbs now auto generate [ some servers may not allow that by default, you may need to set allow_furl_open to on ]
- iphone / ipad backup changed & included titles and descriptions too
- added a bonus: alternative layout with lightbox effect
- added option to have a image placeholder until the gallery is clicked
- moved swf files in deploy/ folder
UPDATE 2.3 [ 02/19/2011 ]
- fixed some bugs
UPDATE 2.2 [ 02/19/2011 ]
- fixed some formatting bugs on some themes that would not let the gallery play
- added preloader
- added option to play audio files (mp3, m4a) so now it is a media player, not just a video player!
- added YouTube feed option – no need to set up this gallery’s items anymore, just input your youtube username or playlistid and the gallery takes the videos from there
- redesigned the admin panel
UPDATE 2.1 [ 02/01/2011 ]
- added autoplay option
- added option to choose between complete and light skin
What do you get?
- video gallery WordPress plugin – get creative!
- LIFETIME updates! – We are constantly updating and adding features to our components to keep the latest standards and trends. You will get all these updates for free even if the price of the gallery increases.
- free support! – for installation via my forum -> http://digitalzoomstudio.net/support/ this is the fastest form of support
- documentation – extensive documentation on how to install & configure the plugin
- iPads and iPhones cannot have a custom skinned player. Their OS does not allow other player other then their owns, which by the way looks very good ( you can see the demo here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puj20NRu5VM ) but if you change the skin in the gallery it won’t go beyond the default one for iOS
- Gallery Designer Center is offered as a bonus and may not work on some servers – no support is offered for this at the moment
- YouTube API allows a maximum of 50 videos retrieved from a playlist at a time
- ThemeForest authors can use this in their commercial themes with a extended licence
Test itFront-end – http://thezoomer.net/theme1/?page_id=30
Back-end – http://thezoomer.net/theme1/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=zs1_menu [ user: test, password: test ] The database resets every half an hour to preserve the original options for new visitors.
- You need PHP 5.2 + on your server in order for the widget to work ( if WordPress 3.2 or later works, the plugin will work too, no need to worry)
- The designer center is only for video and youtube type. Vimeo type cannot be skinned as too Vimeo terms, but their skin is already slick enough. The menu will still be skinned, just not the vimeo player.
- If you feeding from YouTube user channel or Vimeo user channel – the videos are arranged as YouTube / Vimeo publish them. You cannot arrange them manually – you will need to add them manually if you want that.
Screencasts For editing the skin
- How to: Design a custom interface for this gallery – part 1
- How to: Design a custom interface for this gallery – part 2
- How to: Changing the video player roll over colors & Resizing the menu thumbs.
Regular Gallery ( for embedding in html )
Creditsawesome video used in preview – http://videohive.net/user/CarlB/portfolio?sort_by=sales_count&type=files&page=1
Great AJ soundtrack provided by – http://audiojungle.net/user/soundroll/portfolio?sort_by=sales_count&type=files&page=1