An introduction to support on the Marketplaces
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on the Marketplaces.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I show Usernoise button at specific pages only?
Currently, it is not supported, but it is a #1 feature to implement.
Usernoise window does not show when I click “Feedback” button, I only see a “loader” animation and then nothing.
Make sure when you open http://your-site.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php, it shows “0” in the browser. That file is an “entry point” for AJAX calls in WordPress and some of plugins / themes restrict an access to this file for some reason. You can find more here: http://codex.wordpress.org/AJAX_in_Plugins
How do I hide Usernoise button and open the window using a link or a button?
- You need to disable Usernoise button. Log into WordPress admin area, goto Usernoise → Settings, and choose “Pro” tab. Choose “Nowhere” below “Show Feedback Button” option (screenshot).
- You can now show Usernoise window using an [usernoise_link] shortcode available at post editor. Also, you can use
<a rel="usernoise" href="#">My link</a>, or
I need a translation for my language.
It is quite simple. You need to install free CodeStyling Localization plugin, scan Usernoise and Usernoise Pro code, and then translate messages into the language you need. Don’t forget to click “Generate .mo” button to save your translation. I will highly appreciate if you’ll contribute the translation back to include it into main release.
Can I rename / move feedback types?
Yes! Now, Usernoise has an editor that allows to edit and reorder them.
My Usernoise settings screen is broken
Most probably, it is a conflict with third party code. An easiest way is to disable other plugins for a couple of minutes (and maybe switch to the standard theme), set up Usernoise, and then reconfigure everything back. You can also contact me via private messages and I can help you figuring the problem out.
Usernoise button does not show at all (yet I have it enabled at the settings).
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using the Marketplaces you should come straight to Envato Support.