Visit our main site at PHP Site Backup.com
Note – This product is now unsupported. This may change in the future if I choose to develop updates for this software.
An extremely powerful, robust, yet simple tool for website owners which allows you to backup websites and databases in seconds, automatically, so you never have to worry about them again. The software itself is written in PHP , and runs on your web server. Simply upload it to your server, configure a number of files or (remote or local) MySQL databases which you need backed up, and set a button. UPSB will take care of the rest, saving those files to a zip, classifiying it by date, all in the background without intervention, according to a custom schedule. You can specify different schedules for different sets of files/dbs. Backups can now be stored on remote FTP servers, or sent as email attachments.
New features in v2.0
- ability to backup remote MySQL databases
- ability store backups on remote FTP servers
- receive backups as email attachments
- improved UI
- many bugs fixed, from v1.0
- Intuitive interface which makes it so easy that my grandma could do it. Just select files and databases by clicking a few checkboxes.
- Will not slow down your server’s normal operation, even while backing up thousands of files and sizable databases.
- Ability to create different backup sets. A “backup set” is a collection of files and databases, which run according to a predefined schedule. This is extremely useful for shared hosting servers, where many different websites are running. You can specify some websites to be backed up hourly (eg. a busy blog), and some to backed up weekly (eg. a static client site).
- Can be configured to run in the background (using cron jobs).
- Well designed system makes it easy to restore your files/databases in case of an emergency. Download a structured zip file, upload any files you lost, and use the structured backup .sql file to restore any parts of the database you wish.
Who would need this?
- Website owners needing a quick backup solution.
- Freelance developers with lots of small/medium projects.
- Any developer looking to save time and hassle with project disaster prevention/recovery
- A person who doesn’t have too much technical knowledge/skills
- PHP ZipArchive class (most hosts have this, or it can be easily enabled)
- cURL (practically all hosts have this)
- remote MySQL access (required for remote database backups)