Timezonr is a simple way to implement the ability to have users choose their timezone so all dates and times reflect their current time. With this easy to use PHP class, you as a web designer, can add time localization to your website. With easy to use functions, you can provide the ability for the user to set their local timezone for easier readability and more accurate times. Some of these functions include setting a default timezone, setting the timezone based on the user’s input, automatically creating a dropdown menu with all available timezones, and we have also included some bonus functions like getting formatted date/time and easy-to-read formatting of time. Timezonr uses PHP sessions and cookies (if desired) to remember the user’s timezone preference.
- Quick and easy to setup and does not use MYSQL
- Supports both PHP sessions and cookies for remembering a user’s timezone
- Timezonr adjusts all PHP date/time functions that already exist to show the correct time based on the user’s timezone
- Ability to turn on/off usage of cookies
- Ability to set a default timezone instead of using the server’s default setting
- Only one file and supports every timezone out there
- Built-in function to generate a drop-down menu for users to select a timezone from
- Supported in all browsers!
- Comes with 2 bonus functions to quickly provide a clean date/time presentation on your website
If you are having any trouble using Timezonr or would like to know more information, feel free to leave a comment
and I will be sure to give you a hand!