Theia Smart Thumbnails for WordPress lets you customize the thumbnails for each of your images. Gone are the days when you had to manually crop or upload separate versions of your thumbnails. Now you can simply choose a point of interest for your image - e.g. a person’s face, an object, etc. – and all the thumbnails will be automatically updated to include them. Your pages will be much more aesthetically pleasing and your visitors will thank you for it.
- Gain full control over your thumbnails
- Customize the cropping zone by choosing a point of interest (e.g. a person’s face, an object, etc.).
- Extremely easy-to-use with an intuitive and native admin interface.
- Works with your existing images.
- The admin panel comes with a Live Preview to easily customize your thumbnails.
- Preview your theme’s exact thumbnail sizes.
- Works with virtually any WordPress theme.
- Receive support and free upgrades.
- High-quality code complete with comments.
- Complete documentation for installing and using the plugin.
1.3.1 – 2014-12-11
- Bugfix: Picker was misbehaving in certain cases.
- Bugfix: Thumbnail previews were not showing in certain cases.
1.3.0 – 2014-10-07
- Improved focal point selector.
- Reformatted the entire codebase using the official WordPress guidelines.
- Various fixes and improvements.
- Now compatible with WordPress 4.0.
1.2.4 – 2014-04-28
- Now compatible with WordPress 3.9.
1.2.3 – 2014-03-24
1.2.2 – 2014-02-28
- Improved browser compatibility.
1.2.1 – 2014-01-31
- You can now manually specify the thumbnail sizes used for previews.
- You can choose to whether show or hide the previews by default.
1.2.0 – 2014-01-30
- Plugin now uses the theme’s thumbnail sizes for previews.
1.1.3 – 2014-01-21
- Plugin is now compatible with WordPress 3.8.
- Added option for portait images: By default, crop thumbnails by keeping the upper part of the image. Useful for people portraits, fashion photography, etc. so the heads aren’t cut off.
- Added option to enlarge small thumbnails.
- Improved plugin compatibility.
1.1.1 – 2013-02-12
- Plugin is now compatible with WordPress 3.5.1.
1.1.0 – 2012-12-16
- Plugin is now compatible with WordPress 3.5.
1.0.0 – 2012-10-05
- Initial release.