Subscribe & Download is a plugin that allows to distribute files through subscriptions. If people want to download something from your website or from third party websites they must submit their contact details. After submission they receive download link by e-mail. Very simple workflow. All submitted data is saved in database or can be sent to MailChimp or/and iContact newsletter systems. All saved data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any other newsletter systems. Subscribe & Download is a perfect way to extend functionality of your website.
- Modern and secure opt-in form: CSS3 AJAX-driven opt-in form.
- Download link is sent to e-mail: users can’t cheat by entering fake e-mails.
- MailChimp supported: contact details can be submitted to MailChimp through their API.
- iContact supported: contact details can be submitted to iContact too.
- CSV Export: all data can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any newsletter systems.
- Responsive design: opt-in form looks nice on small screens.
- Terms & Conditions supported: enable or disable terms and conditions for opt-in form.
- Shortcode driven: insert shortcodes like
- Narrow mode: for sidebars use shortcode like:
[sdfile url="http://download-url-here" narrow="1"].
- Enable/disable “Name” field: yes, you can do it .
- WYSIWYG editor: edit intro content with visual editor.
- Accept shortcodes: insert any shortcodes inside of intro content.
- Easy to install: install and activate the plugin as any other plugins.
- Translation ready: plugin might be translated to any language.
- WordPress Best Practices: no any alerts from Plugin Check and WP_DEBUG.
Front End FunctionalityThe best way to understand the idea of Subscribe & Download is to see live example. Click “Live Preview” or visit demo link. On “Live Preview” website you can subscribe and receive download link by e-mail.
Installation1. Install and activate the plugin like you do with any other plugins. Once activated, it will create a menu “Subscribe & Download” in left side column in the admin area.
2. Click left side menu “Subscribe & Download >>> Settings” and do required settings. Set your payment gateways parameters, e-mail address for notifications, e-mail template, MailChimp/iContact parameters, etc.3. Go to any post/page edit page and insert shortcode like that:
[sdfile url="http://download-link-goes-here" title="New Intro content goes here."]– overload intro content by inserting attribute “title”.
[sdfile url="http://download-link-goes-here" narrow="1"]– display narrow opt-in form.
Shortcode is replaced by opt-in form automatically.
That’s it! Enjoy using the plugin.