Styles with Shortcodes is the solution for this problem. This plugin lets you customize content faster and easier than ever before by using Shortcodes. Choose from 100 built in Shortcodes like; jQuery Accordion, Tabs and Toogle, Tooltips, Column Shortcodes, Gallery and Image Shortcodes, Button Styles, Alert Box Styles, Pullquotes, Blockquotes, Twitter buttons, Retweet button, Facebook Like, Follow me on Twitter buttons, Linkedin, Google +1, Flattr and many more!
You can even create your own Shortcodes and share them with friends and other people who also uses the Styles with Shortcodes plugin. It has never been easier to add nice looking styling elements to your WordPress powered website without any knowledge of coding.
You can try the all the shortcodes your self. We encourage to test it before you decide to buy it. Simply use the following login details
- 100 built in preset Shortcodes + 87 Shortcodes for everyone that enter their License Key (FREE Downloadble Content)
- Built-in Lightbox (Support for images and videos, 7 different themes, Animation from top or bottom. Set animation duration. Support for the following video formats: videopress.com, youtube.com, vimeo.com, megavideo.com, gametrailers.com, collegehumor.com, ustream.tv, twitvid.com, Vzaar.com)
- New: Visual Columns (Responsive)
- Get a quick overview of all shortcodes in the system
- Create your own custom Shortcodes
- Enter Shortcodes into different Categories
- Enable or Disable “autop” settings in WordPress
- Enable or Disable Shortcodes in Widgets
- Add allowed external URL’s for the build in thumbnail generator (Supports CDN)
- Option to Restore Bundles
- Shortcode Insert Tool: Choose between the standard “[ ] Add Shortcode” icon above the visual editor or Shortcode tool in a Metabox
- Support for Custom Post Types (enable Shortcodes in individual custom post types)
- Easy Import new Shortcodes
- Easy Export Shortcodes
- Automatic Update Notification
- Downloadable Content (Only users with valid License Key). Download Bundles with additional Shortcodes and free Add-ons.
Built in Shortcodes
- Accordion (jQuery UI) – view sample
- Blockquotes – view sample
- Buttons – view sample
- Code (Syntax Highlighter) – view sample
- Colored Boxes – view sample
- Columns – view sample
- Visual Columns (Responsive) – view sample
- CSS Frames – view sample
- Dividers – view sample
- Facebook Like buttons – view sample
- Flattr buttons – view sample
- Follow me on Twitter buttons – view sample
- Galleries – view sample
- Google +1 buttons – view sample
- Highlight – view sample
- Linkedin buttons – view sample
- Maps (Google Maps) – view sample
- Overlay (jQuery TOOLS) – view sample
- Picture Frames (Landscape) – view sample
- Picture Frames (Landscape) – Images with Lightbox- view sample
- Picture Frames (Portrait) – view sample
- Picture Frames (Portrait) – Images with Lightbox- view sample
- Picture Frames (Square) – view sample
- Picture Frames (Square) – Images with Lightbox- view sample
- Picture Frames (Square) – Images with Lightbox and Video - view sample
- Pullquotes – view sample
- ReTweet button – view sample
- Tables – view sample
- Tabs (jQuery UI) – view sample
- Toggles (jQuery UI) – view sample
- Tooltips (jQuery TOOLS) – view sample
- Twitter buttons – view sample
- URL (Custom Hyperlinks) – view sample
We are excited to announce that we have introduced a new service for all our customers that enter their License Key. We offer Free Downloadable Content for Styles with Shortcodes. Now you can get additional Shortcodes for Free. All you need to do is go to Options under Shortcodes in the left side menu. And then choose the License Key panel and enter your Item Purchase Code.
The Item Purchase Code can be found in your License Certificate file. Go to Codecanyon and click on My Account at the top, then click Downloads, and then click the License Certificate link. You will find the code in the text file that you download.
Please notice that our goal is not just to offer the most Shortcodes, but to offer a broad varity of quality Shortcodes. We don’t think you will ever use all 187 Shortcodes, but the idea is that you can easily remove the ones you are not using if you don’t want them to show up in the Shortcode Insert Tool. This way you can customize the availability of Shortcodes just like you want it!
Free Bundles available for download
Pinterest: Adds 6 additional Shortcodes for the exciting social media website called Pinterest. One “Follow Me on Pinterest” shortcode, where you can choose between 4 different styles of buttons. One “Pin It” (Single image) with 3 different styles; Horizontal Count, Vertical Count and No Count, and last but not least one “Pin It” (Multiple images), which triggers the Pinterest API and lets you pick the image you want to “Pin”.
Picture Frames 2: Adds 40 Pictures Frame Shortcodes in 4 different sizes Small, Medium, Large and X-Large all supporting LightBox and Video.
SWS CSS Tooltip by Selector: Adds 1 Shortcode that allow you to apply CSS Tooltips to CSS Selectors. This makes it possible to apply tooltips to areas of your website you normally woulnd’t be able to do it, without editing in directly in the source code of the templates. Please notice you need SWS CSS Tooltip to use this additional free Shortcode.
Easing Effects: Adds 2 additional Shortcodes. The first is a “Go to Top” divider where you can set the speed in milliseconds and choose between 31 different Easing Effects. And the second is a “Smooth Scroll” Shortcode that lets you insert inline links in Posts and Pages with Easing Effects.
Picture Frames 3: Adds 10 Pictures Frame Shortcodes in X-Small all supporting LightBox and Video. This bundle perfectly compliments the Picture Frames 2 bundle.
Picture Frames 4: Adds 5 Pictures Frame Shortcodes in 5 different sizes X-Small, Small, Medium, Large and X-Large all supporting LightBox and Video. This bundle perfectly compliments the Picture Frames 2 and 3 bundle.
Picture Frames 5: Adds 18 Pictures Frame Shortcodes in 9 different landscape sizes and 9 different portrait sizes. Each picture frames has been perfectly optimized using rules of the “Golden Ratio”. This bundle compliments the Picture Frames 2, 3 and 4 bundle.
Minimalistic Divider Bars: Adds 11 Minimalist Divider Bar Shortcodes. Choose between 11 different styles and a total of 73 different divider bars.
Free Add-ons for Styles with Shortcodes
We have received many requests for new Shortcodes form people who have purchased the plugin. And therefore we have decided to introduce Add-on for Styles with Shortcodes. We have created a number of Free add-ons, which you can download from our website. Rememer that you need a valid license for Styles with Shortcodes in order to use these add-ons. We also have some add-ons that you can buy for a low price from our portfolio on Codecanyon.
Version 184.108.40.206257 – March 15, 2015
- Compatibility Fix: Broken drop down menus
Version 220.127.116.11708 – November 11, 2014
- Bug Fixed: Visual Columns break the behavior of the “kitchensink” format dropdown
- Bug Fixed: Using format (h3, p etc.) inside columns was broken
Version 18.104.22.168988 – September 16, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: In WordPress 4.0 the insert tool for Shortcodes was partially hidden behind the visual editor
Version 1.9.0 rev50424 – June 2, 2014
- Update: LightBox js updated
Version 1.8.9 rev49192 – April 24, 2014
Version 1.8.8 rev48941 – April 17, 2014
- Compatibility Fix: Visual Columns was breaking the TinyMCE editor in WordPress 3.9
- New Feature: Field wp_uploader. Allows to upload images from wp media instead of copy and pasting image URLs into the field. Requires Shortcode to be modified so that the wp_uploader field is loaded.
Version 1.8.7 rev39396 – August 30, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Loading bundled jQuery UI from WordPress
Verison 1.8.6 rev38724 – August 7, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Prevent a warning about set_time limit
Version 1.8.5 rev38688 – August 6, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Temp fix for Lightbox Evolution until the author fixes a bug related to identifying jQuery UI version properly.
- Bug Fixed: Downloadable Content not working. Added missing parameters for latest version of the DLC api.
Version 1.8.4 rev36187 – April 26, 2013
- Update: Updated Lightbox Evolution library
- Update: Added support for jQuery UI 1.9.2 themes
- Update: Added option to preload resources in header. This is an attempt to provide support for Ajax loaded content
- New Feature: Added auto update (enter your license key in the options panel and update your plugin from within wp-admin)
Version 1.8.3 rev32846 – January 20, 2013
- Bug Fixed: Insert Shortcode Button not working on the dashboard quickpress
- Bug Fixed: Restore the color picker as it used by some Shortcodes
- Bug Fixed: In WordPress 3.5 when pressing enter inside a cell, a new cell was created, but this is not desired, so automatically make it behave as if pressing shit+enter so if forces a new line.
- Bug Fixed: Renamed jquery.tools tooltip method to sws_tooltip to avoid conflict
Version 1.8.2 rev31276 – December 14, 2012
- New Feature: Added Support for Shortcodes using Twitter Bootstrap 2.2.2
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 3.5
- Update: Removed registered scripts that are not needed anymore
- Update: Added jQuery UI 1.9.2
- Update: Lightbox library for jQuery 1.8.3 support
Version 1.8.1 rev28592 – August 4, 2012
- New Feature: Added Visual Columns (Fluid grid system, 12 responsive percent-based columns)
- Update: Modified the Shortcode Insert Tool, so that it can work on pages with multiple instances of the editor
Version 1.8.0 rev26108 – June 22, 2012
- Update: Updated ‘Column’ Shortcodes to be fully responsive
- Update: Updated ‘Colored Boxes’ Shortcodes to be fully responsive
- Update: Updated ‘Colored Boxes with Close’ Shortcodes to be fully responsive
- Update: Updated ‘CSS Frames’ Shortcodes to be fully responsive
- Bug Fixed: Alignment issues with Social Media Shortcode
- Bug Fixed: Increase the z-index of the classic-dark lightbox theme
- Update: Add multisite path when looking for local images
Version 1.7.9 rev23212 – April 10, 2012
- Update: Updated Thumbnail.php (TimThumb 2.8.10)
- Bug Fixed: Prevent warnings related to registered scripts
- Bug Fixed: Tables where not applying the table width correctly
Version 1.7.9 rev20920 – February 23, 2012
- Update: Updated Thumbnail.php (TimThumb 2.8.9)
Version 1.7.8 rev15258 – January 6, 2012
- Update: Thumbnail.php updated with TimThumb 2.8.5
- Bug Fixed: Custom Post Type column not showing in WP 3.3
- Bug Fixed: Broken Slider
- Update: Imported bundle with column fixes
- Update: Moved JS to init instead of plugins_loaded hook
- Update: Added new icons for menu
Version 1.7.7 rev13259 – December 6, 2011
- Bug Fixed: When adding panel items, sliders where not rendering with the correct min, max and step values
- Bug Fixed: Jerky Chrome Nivo Slider animation
- Bug Fixed: Missing Header breaks Chrome caching
- Update: Thumbnail.php updated to TimThumb 2.8.3 and removed word thumb and old timthumb files
Version 1.7.6 rev11143 – October 20, 2011
- New Feature: Added lightbox support for CSS Frames
- Update: Increasing bottom padding on buttons
- New Feature: Added resources for new Minimalistic Divider Bar Shortcodes
Version 1.7.5 rev10566 – October 5, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Videos not loading in Lightbox. Force update of preloadify.js
- Updated: Updated Lightbox to 1.5.3
- New Feature: Added support for Lightbox on CSS Frames
Version 1.7.5 rev10020 – September 23, 2011
- Bug Fixed: S icon dialog was hidden by some other plugin that is hiding HTML in the admin footer.
- Bug Fixed: Hardcode fix, url encode the src field of TimThumb urls.
- Improvement: Position the insert tool in the top of the viewport and not top of the page
- Improvement: Option to always include admin sws scripts for plugins and themes that custom add Custom Post Content on screens
- New Feature: Added 18 new Golden Ratio Picture frames.
- New Feature: Added “align” and “width” parameter to the Twitter Follow Button Shortcode.
Version 1.7.4 rev7914 – August 11, 2011
- Bug Fixed: update_post_meta does not behave the same when adding a new meta or updating and existing one in regard to slashes.
- New Feature: added 15 new images for picture frame Shortcode
Version 1.7.3 rev7550 – August 5, 2011
- Security Update: Disallow php from being executed on the TimThumb cache
- New Feature: Replace TimThumb with WordThumb for increased security
Version 1.7.2 rev7110 – July 22, 2011
- New Feature: Added custom capability that makes it possible to display the “[ ] Add Shortcode” icon on the editor or metabox for inserting Shortcodes
- Bug Fixed: Compatibility problem with LightBox Plus (Colorbox) plugin, renamed enqueued script name.
- Bug Fixed: Allow external images in picture frames
- Update: Increased memory limit for image resizing. Also added a debugging timthumb for easier support.
- Bug Fixed: Google Map fixes
- Bug Fixed: Blue line in buttons on Firefox 5.0.1
- Update: Updated Options Panel 1.0.3
- Update: Lightbox jQuery script updated
Version 1.7.1 rev6153 – June 23, 2011
- Bug Fixed: removed Options Panel php warning
- Update: Updated Options Panel to 1.0.3
- Update: Added alternative remote service procedure for sites not allowing fopen URL (this is for entering license key for free Downloadable Content)
Version 1.7.0 rev5630 – June 15, 2011
- New Feature: Added Lightbox option to picture frames
- New Feature: Added Lightbox support for video, updated picture frame Shortcodes to accept video URL.
- New Feature: Social Networks Shortcode (Google +1 button support)
- New Feature: Social Networks Shortcode (Twitter follow me button support)
- New Feature: Social Networks Shortcode (LinkedIn button support)
- New Feature: Social Networks Shortcode (Flattr button support)
- New Feature: CSS Frames Shortcodes (3 pre-defined styles and 1 custom)
- New Feature: URL Shortcode (Create custom underlined hyperlinks)
- New Feature: Highlight Shortcode (custom highlight of text
- New Feature: Downloadable Content (download Bundles of additional Shortcodes and add-ons)
- Bug Fixed: Updated the developer URL in API address.
- Update: increased the TimThumb limit from 1000 px to 2000 px
Version 1.6.1 rev4542 – May 19, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Shortcodes not loaded when a metadata gets duplicated for some reason
- Bug Fixed: Toggle automatically closing when more than one version used.
- Bug Fixed: sws_ul not showing in IE7.
- New Feature: 11 New Picture Frames (Square) added
- New Feature: 1 new Shortcode for displaying WordPress Shortcodes (4 different backgrounds)
- New Feature: Button Shortcode updated with 30 colors schemes, glow feature and new X-large button
- New Feature: Added Shortcode preview image on insert tool
- New Feature: Option to show the Shortcode tool in a Metabox instead of the standard “[ ] Add Shortcode” icon above the visual editor.
- New Feature: Option to enable SWS in Custom Post Types when using the metabox Shortcode insert tool.
- New Feature: Added preview images for Picture Frame Shortcodes
Version 1.6.0 rev4005 – April 25, 2011
- Bug Fixed: removed left indent on table Shortcode
- Bug Fixed: Left, Center and Right align of buttons
- Bug Fixed: Scrollable Gallery when combined with some overlays, the images are kept hidden.
Version 1.5.9 rev3509 – April 13, 2011
- New Feature: Shortcode for URL insert custom underlined links
- Update: Added ALT text support for Picture Frames Shortcode
Version 1.5.8 rev3035 – April 6, 2011
- Bug Fixed: Syntax Highlighter do not apply WP filters to codes.
Version 1.5.7 rev2949 – April 4, 2011
- Bug Fixed: reduce the number of queries done by the plugin.
- Bug Fixed: / should not be replaced on any of the meta that is not the Shortcode code.
- Bug Fixed: remove several notices displayed on sites with php notices on
- Bug Fixed: prevent a warning that is displayed on sites where WP_DEBUG is set to true.
- Update: Changed a function name in timthumb that is in conflict with another plugin.
- Update: Added compatibility with Options Tree menu
Version 1.5.6 rev2634 – March 25, 2011
- Update: Added support for integration into theme (this is a feature for Theme developers)
1.5.5 rev2399 – March 22, 2011
- Bug Fixed: creating a Shortcode with a slash on the Shortcode code was breaking the the_content filter and not showing any content.
- Bug Fixed: prevent a php warning that was breaking Shortcode saving on sites with php warning on
- Bug Fixed: thumbs where not showing on sites with php warnings on
- Update: Add temp directory used by thimthumb
1.5.4 rev2272 – March 13, 2011
- Bug Fixed: fix Shortcode in widgets
- Bug Fixed: prevent other plugins from hooking into Custom Post Types saved by SWS
- Bug Fixed: conflict with OptionTree plugin
- Bug Fixed: jQuery tools remove tabs plugin
- Bug Fixed: plus image breaking on long titles in the toggle Shortcode
- Bug Fixed: buttons Shortcodes
Version 1.5.2 rev1817 – February 24, 2011
- Bug Fixed: broken Gallery Scrollable Basic
- Bug Fixed: broken Gallery Scrollable with Preview
Version 1.5.2 rev1780 – February 23, 2011
- Update: Added feature so the rtl (right-to-left) menu usage doesn’t break. This is used in WordPress in Hebrew.
Version 1.5.2 rev1697 – February 14, 2011
- Update: Fixed Shortcode compatibility issue with the following Premium WordPress themes from Themeforest; - Awake – Powerful Professional WordPress Theme - Striking Premium Corporate & Portfolio WP Theme - Doutive 2WO – All in One WordPress Theme
Verion 1.5.2 – February 11, 2011
- Update: Added support for using Shortcodes in Custom Dashboard Metaboxes (wp-admin)
- Update: Added support for using Shortcodes in Widgets (can be disabled)
- Bug Fixed: Fixed CSS for a few Shortcodes
Version 1.5.0 – December 19, 2010
- New Feature: Added 24 new Shortcodes
- Update: Improved the Shortcode creator tool; added more info to Shortcode list, added new field types, author info, bundle info
- Update: Improved the Shortcode generator tool; added descriptions to fields
- Update: Added option to recover original Shortcodes (bundles)
- Update: Added loading of scripts and styles in a separate file, from an add-on
- Update: Reorganized core, so all scripts and styles are only loaded when a Shortcode requires it.
Version 1.0.1 – November 30, 2010
- Update: Added support for user Roles with Edit Post and Edit Page capabilities
Version 1.0.0 – November 27, 2010
- First release
What are customers saying?