Latest update: 5 Mar 2014. Version: 3.2.4. Platform: for Wordpress.Social Locker is a set of social buttons and a locker in one bottle. It allows you to lock a part of content on a web page until a user clicks one of the social buttons and help you to get more likes/tweets/+1s, traffic and customers!
Do you still place social buttons on every page of your site? But users don’t click the ones as often as you would like?
You should give people a reason why they need to click your social buttons. Even if people like your content, site or fanpage, they don’t click the buttons because they don’t worry about you, your benefits or your traffic. It’s not their problem.
But ask people to “pay” with a Like/Tweet/+1 to get access to your content, to get discount, to download, to watch a video, to view a funny picture or so. And it will start to work as it should be!
Look at how it works…
Note: The plugin uses shortcodes to lock content. You can put the ones any where to lock any type of content. You may continue to use social buttons on your site as you used it earlier.
Key FeaturesAny URL to like/share/tweet/+1. You can set an own URL for each social button or a common URL for the all social buttons. For example: a tweet for current page, a like for fanpage, +1 for your site main page. Just set required URLs and it’s all you need to get started.
Analytic tools. The plugin comes with built-in analytics tools to track how users interact with the locker and which channels bring the most traffic.
Highly customizable. The plugin provides a large set of available buttons that are ready to use immediately after installation:
- Facebook Like
- Facebook Share
- Twitter Tweet
- Twitter Follow
- Google +1
- Google Share (experimental)
- LinkedIn Share
Use all the buttons together or apart. Also the plugin comes with considered html markup that allows you to create your own style for the lockers. You can change buttons, colors, fonts, sizes, paddings, backgrounds, shadows, icons and all for any locker element. No coding required. Just add some CSS rules.
Preset Styles and Effects. We want to make a use of our plugins as simple as possible. So we added some modern preset styles and effects for you. Every update we will add new ones. Feel free to use they.
Helper Tools. We know that a good bussines is an agile bussines. So the plugin comes with some helper tools that make the locker agile. It’s a timer and a close button that allow a user to unlock content without clicking the social buttons.
And many others:
- SEO friendly. Locked content is still available for search bots (Google, Bing, etc).
- Provides an optional ability to load content via ajax (dynamically) to hide it in source code of a page for search bots and users.
- Remembers users who already unlocked your content (via local storage and cookies).
- Compatible with all the popular browsers (including mobile).
- Blocking any type of content: text, videos, images, links, forms and more.
- Provides events for developers: Unlock, Lock, Ready and others.
What People Say
I bought your plugin a few months ago for my blog and really happy, my online community has grown fantastically (more than 5.000 followers on twitter and 4.000 fans on Facebook. – Vivi Nunez, blogger, marketer, the founder of vilmanunez.com
I would just like to say a big thank you for making such an amazing plugin. I have gained over 1.8 k Facebook fans to my page in under a week. Keep up the good work. – leadbolt
After trying out multiple plugins, I realized how tough it can get to make something like this work seamlessly with the existing content and without breaking the Wordpress framework.
Hats off to Social Locker for making it look so easy. Powerful, yet simple to use!
5 star rating for the plug-in and 10 stars for the amazing support!
Sameer Kamat, Author and Entrepreneur, Founder of MBA Crystal Ball
The product is excellent… BUT… the support is awesome! The support was lightning-fast and very friendly and helpful. Reaction time was about 20 minutes. Never had such fast and competently support like this. I highly recommend this product! – Ales Borszek
It really is a superb plugin! I’m starting my own business soon related to social media, so I will certainly be buying more licenses from you oncey work demand increases. – Anis Jolly
I am loving it already. Awesome plugin, UI. Everything is so thought out. – ajonit
Great Plugin as I expect. 5 Star! – Vimalraj Manickam
Amazing plugin! Just what i was looking for to hide a competition entry form and maximise sharing at the same time. – James
I just bought it and it’s awesome, works like a charm.
Definitly a 5 star plugin for me.
Thank you ! – blaugranas
It’s brilliant, absolutely brilliant, I love it! Setup and running in minutes Happy Dance – happyches
I had several problems with my previous solution, purchased on Envato at a lower price. After 1 month of basically no support, I asked for money back and found this item..
Guys.. this is simply a FANTASTIC (and working!!) plugin! A little more expensive, but saves you headaches and anger! ... BRAVO! 5 Stars… very happy with it now. – Marco
Great plugin and excellent support. Recommended 100% – CSSmith
Love the plugin- bought it for a specific tiny project and grabbbed 100 new shares /likes in 9 hours. Awesome! – mttorley
Yes!!! This plugin is the complete AWESOME!!! Thanks for setting the option to choose URLs too! Greatly, greatly appreciated! – noahjnet
Loving the frequent updates and improvements on the plug-in, the functionality is amazing and has boosted my social networking engagement by 400%. I regret not getting this earlier. – Corey Harris
Fantastic plugin! Works like a charm! – IceflowStudios
Congratulations guys, i usually never comment the softs i buy but this one really deserve it.
I’ve tried the 2 others social locker plugins from WESMASHEDIT and TylerQuinn and they don’t work with cache plugin. I didn’t ask for a refund as they never said they do.
This plugin is by far the best one and working with WP super Cache. A pleasure to set up and a great working and beautifull plugin.
If you need a social locker trust me, it’s the only one that worth the price !
Bravo and Keep doing the good job. – tiblitz
Need Support, We Got You Covered
All of our plugins come with free support. We care about your plugin after purchase just as much as you do. We want to make your life easier and make you happy about choosing our plugins.
We have a help desk setup for our users, making it easy to fill out a ticket. We guarantee to respond to every inquiry within 1 business day (typical response time is 3 hours).
Stay In Touch
The latest updates:
v.3.2.4 – 05 Mar 2014
- FIXED: a bug of the ReLock feature.
- FIXED: a bug of the Interrelation option.
- NEW: added the “onp_sl_locker_options” filter for developers to change the locker options through php.
Important: if you use CDN, please purge your CDN after installing the update.
v.3.2.3 – 02 Mar 2014
- FIXED: A lot of minor bugs.
- FIXED: A conflict with the FormCraft plugin.
v.3.2.1 – 25 Feb 2014
- FIXED: Shifting in the Dandyish theme.
- FIXED: Changing the language of the Twitter and Google buttons.
v.3.2.0 – 24 Feb 2014
- NEW: A new menu item “How to use?” containing an instruction and recommendations on how to use the plugin.
- NEW: Customer accounts that allow to move license keys between sites, and view where they were activated.
- FIXED: Shifting of the Facebook Like button.
- FIXED: The bug of the preview in the locker editor.
- FIXED: The bug of the trimmed social buttons on Polish and Spanish sites.
- FIXED: Minor bugs of the batch locking.
v.3.0.9 – 15 Jan 2014
- FIXED: The bug of disappearing of lockers on using the W3 Total Cache plugin.
v.3.0.8 – 10 Jan 2014
- NEW: Added the ReLock option, a configurable option to make lockers appearing again after a while.
- NEW: Added the Interrelation option. When set On, it makes lockers interrelated. When any interrelated locker on your site is unlocked, the rest others will be unlocked too. You can find this option on the Common Settings page.
- NEW: Added the option to hide counters of the social buttons.
- NEW: Added an ability to clear statistical data. You can find this option on the Common Settings page.
- NEW: Added the “via” option for the Tweet button.
- FIXED: The bug that breaks lockers on using some complex configurations of the W3 Total Cache plugin.
- FIXED: The bug that shows incorrect statistical data on the Usage Statistics page.
v.3.0.7 – 6 Jan 2014
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with old versions of jQuery.
v.3.0.6 – 2 Jan 2014
- IMPROVED: Unlocking content after clicking the Like button got more quickly.
- FIXED: A minor bug of vertical alignment of the Facebook Share button.
v.3.0.5 – 30 Dec 2013
- IMPROVED: Images of the plugin were put into a sprite (a single image). Using image sprites reduces the number of server requests and saves bandwidth.
- IMPROVED: The Facebook Share button was updated and became localizable.
- IMPROVED: Better support for IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of impossibility to unlock content in IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of the locker preview in the admin panel.
v.3.0.2 – 24 Dec 2013
- FIXED: The Asset Manager fatal error that occurs on some websites.
- FIXED: The bug when lockers appear every time even if they were unlocked already.
v.3.0.0 – 20 Dec 2013 – MAJOR UPDATES
We fixed a lot of bugs and added a set of the most-wanted features, namnely:
- NEW: The Bulk Locking Option that allows to apply a locker shortcode to all posts automatically by using 3 different modes (Skip & Lock, More Tag, CSS Selector).
- NEW: The Lock Delay Option that shows the locker only in posts older than specified age.
- NEW: Admin interface fully compatible with the recently released WP 3.8.
v.2.2.7 – 5 Oct 2013
- IMPROVED: Performance optimization.
- IMPROVED: Added several new internal hints and tips.
- FIXED: A bug of not being able to activate a license key manually.
v.2.2.4 – 1 Sep 2013
- FIXED: A bug when the locker doesn’t show content after liking because the URL for liking doesn’t have a traling slash.
- FIXED: A conflict with W3 Total Cache when the locker doesn’t appear.
v.2.2.2-v.2.2.3 – 20 Aug 2013
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with W3 Total Cache.
- ADDED: Compatibility with BBPress (in order to use the Social Locker plugin with BBPress, add the locker shortcode to the whitelist for BBPress via the this plugin)
Important: If the plugin doesn’t work after updating, please reset the cache of the W3 Total Cache plugin. Also if you use CDN, please refresh the plugin files in CDN.
v.2.2.1 – 9 Aug 2013
- ADDED: Support for dynamic themes (that load pages on the fly via ajax).
- FIXED: The bug of chinese languages.
- IMPROVED: Support for pagination of posts.
v.2.1.8 – 13 Jun 2013
- FIXED: A bug when it was impossible to use at the same time Social Locker and Like 2 Unlock.
- FIXED: A bug when the activation is failed because the default location of wordpress files are changed.
- IMPROVED: Add support of servers where the php function token_get_all is not available.
v.2.1.6 – 23 Apr 2013
- NEW: More options for a Facebook Share button added.
v.2.1.5 – 18 Apr 2013
- NEW: Increased reliability against conflicts with other plugins.
- FIXED: Minor bugs of the google buttons.
v.2.1.4 – 11 Apr 2013
- FIXED: The bug of the shortcode [page_title] in the tweet message.
Thank Sharif Khalladi for finding it.
- FIXED: The bug that shows a message offering to change the plugin assembly appears even if the assemble is correct.
- FIXED: Minor conflicts with other social plugins.
- NEW: We have updated our internal API for better support OnePress-linked services.
Important: We strongly recommend you to re-verify the license key after updating. Please read this note.
v.2.1.2-v.2.1.3 – 25 Mar 2013
- FIXED: the bug that shows a default locker message even when the message was cleaned.
- FIXED: the little CSS bug that moves the social buttons in some themes (thank Antonio Insa).
- FIXED: Common improvements of the plugin performance.
v.2.1.1 – 19 Mar 2013
- FIXED: The bug of oEmbed inside the lockers.
v.2.1.0 – 14 Mar 2013
- FIXED: The bug of East European languages in the locker header.
- FIXED: The bug of loading Facebook SDK without a locker on a page.
- FIXED: The bug of the buttons titles.
- FIXED: The bug of the locker message in the admin area.
v.2.0.7 – 6 Mar 2013
- FIXED: The bug in the post editor.
v.2.0.6 – 6 Mar 2013
- NEW: The statistical tools has been updated to support the buttons added in the previous update.
- FIXED: The bug of the icons in the admin preview.
- FIXED: A version token has been added to the plugin css and js files to avoid caching after updates and for better CDN support.
v.2.0.5 – 3 Mar 2013
- NEW: New buttons available: Facebook Share, Twitter Follow, Google Share, LinkedIn Share. The Google Share button is experimental and doesn’t appear in IE and Opera.
- NEW: Support for jquery 1.9.0+ added.
- NEW: New options ‘title’ was added. It allows to set a visible title of a button for themes like ‘Secrets’. Previously it required changing a button image.
# UPGRADE NOTES
- After updating reconfigure the lockers you use.
- If you use CDN, please don’t forget to clear cache.