Latest update: 9 Aug 2014. Version: 3.6.3. Platform: for Wordpress.Do you still place social buttons on every page of your website? But visitors don’t like/share your content as often as you would like?
You should give people a reason why they need to click social buttons on your website. Even if people really like your content, website or fanpage, they don’t click the buttons because they don’t worry about you, your benefits or your traffic. It’s not their problem.
But ask people to “pay” with a Like/Tweet/+1 to get access to your content, to get a discount, to download, to read an ending of your article, to watch a video or to view a funny picture. And it will start to work as it should be!
Social Locker is a WP plugin that locks your most valuable site content behind a set of social buttons until the visitor likes, shares, +1s or tweets your page. It helps to improve social performance of your website, get more likes/shares, build quality followers and attract more traffic from social networks.
How does it work?
All you need to do is select the part of your content you want to lock, click a button and you’re done.
This way, you can use articles, videos, audio, images, download links, coupon codes or anything else you can think of as an incentive for people to give you likes or shares.
1. Drive Social Traffic: Social Locker will add systematically viral traffic to your website, your opt-in funnel or your sales-page. When users share or tweet your page to get access to the content you locked, their friends see it and some of them visit your website. That repeats again and again.
2. Build Quality Fans & Followers: Every blogger and internet entrepreneur knows how difficult it is to get fans and followers, especially for new websites with a low budget.
Get every visitor of your site to follow you. Keep in contact with your audience and build loyalty. Just lock some valued content and tell visitors that the locked content is available only for your fans and followers.
3. Improve SEO Ranking: Google’s search algorithm takes over 200 factors into consideration when determining which results to show for a search query and in what order. Social media is one of the most important factors in their algorithm and has a significant influence on how a site ranks in a search.
Results in the organic search results’ top positions have a high number of likes, shares, +1’s and tweets. So, the better your social media performance, the better your SEO results.
Take Advantage Of All Popular Social NetworksThe plugin provides social buttons for all 7 major social networks in the same interface: Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn (Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram coming soon). You can use them together or separately for customized results. Each button has individual settings.
For example: you can set up the locker to use three social buttons (Like, Tweet, +1) in order to get tweets for your promo page, likes for your Facebook page, +1s for a home page of your website.
Blur, Make Transparent or Hide Totally Your ContentThe previous versions of the plugin allowed only to hide the locked content totally. But recently we have added the long-awaited option to overlap content and make it transparent or blurred.
When we tested this feature on sites of some our customers, we were blown away how this feature attracts attention of the huge number of visitors. If people see and understand that they will get after unlocking, the plugin works more effectively.
Track Your Results With Built-in Advanced AnalyticsThe Social Locker plugin comes with built-in, advanced analytics tools in order to track how users interact with the lockers. Easily identify which lockers on which pages are out-performing others, how to optimize your lockers and what you could do differently to improve your results.
Google Analytics (new!): the Social Locker plugin supports integration with the Google Analytics. You can view the Social Locker data directly in your Google Analytics account and compare it with other metrics.
Attention-Grabbing Styles & Effects
The plugin comes with a set of impressive, polished styles which create interest and attract attention. They are nicely animated and don’t look obtrusive.
What’s more, we constantly receive feedback from our clients that the Social Locker placed on a page actually decreases the bounce rate of that page.
What this means: With Social Locker, people stay on your page longer. Social Locker attracts attention of visitors and they spend more time learning the content you locked.
Fantastic CustomizabilityOf course, each website has its own unique audience. We know that a good business is an agile business. The Social Locker provides 8 additional options that allow you to configure the lockers flexibly to meet your needs.
And Even More Powerful Features…
SEO friendly. Your locked content is still visible for search bots for better SEO by default. Of course you can turn off this feature.
4 Types of Locks. Lock any content manually via shortcodes or setup batch lock via one of 3 powerful modes (“Skip & Lock”, “More Tag”, “CSS Selector”).
Optimized For Mobile. We have adapted the plugin for mobile devices. Mobile users can obtain access to your locked content as well as desktop users.
Smart Targeting. Set your lockers to display on specific high traffic pages on your website. Show the locker only for non-registered visitors or PC users.
Professional Themes. Need to get started fast? Simply pick one of 5 themes and customize, it’s simple and easy!
Delayed Content. Load your locked content via ajax (dynamically) only when the user is liked or shared your page. Perfect for loading promo codes.
Fast Loading. The plugin is well optimized and doesn’t add extra loads on your website. Confirmed with tests from the P3 plugin and New Relic.
Developer Friendly. Use the plugin events (Unlock, Lock, Ready) and hooks for customization and creating your own extensions.
What Our Customers SayAmong the users of the plugin are well-known bloggers and entrepreneurs. Discover what people say:
I bought your plugin a few months ago for my blog and really happy, my online community has grown fantastically (more than 5.000 followers on twitter and 4.000 fans on Facebook. – Vivi Nunez, blogger, marketer, the founder of vilmanunez.com
I would just like to say a big thank you for making such an amazing plugin. I have gained over 1.8 k Facebook fans to my page in under a week. Keep up the good work. – leadbolt
After trying out multiple plugins, I realized how tough it can get to make something like this work seamlessly with the existing content and without breaking the Wordpress framework.
Hats off to Social Locker for making it look so easy. Powerful, yet simple to use!
5 star rating for the plug-in and 10 stars for the amazing support!
Sameer Kamat, Author and Entrepreneur, Founder of MBA Crystal Ball
The product is excellent… BUT… the support is awesome! The support was lightning-fast and very friendly and helpful. Reaction time was about 20 minutes. Never had such fast and competently support like this. I highly recommend this product! – Ales Borszek
It really is a superb plugin! I’m starting my own business soon related to social media, so I will certainly be buying more licenses from you oncey work demand increases. – Anis Jolly
I am loving it already. Awesome plugin, UI. Everything is so thought out. – ajonit
Great Plugin as I expect. 5 Star! – Vimalraj Manickam
Amazing plugin! Just what i was looking for to hide a competition entry form and maximise sharing at the same time. – James
I just bought it and it’s awesome, works like a charm.
Definitly a 5 star plugin for me.
Thank you ! – blaugranas
It’s brilliant, absolutely brilliant, I love it! Setup and running in minutes Happy Dance – happyches
I had several problems with my previous solution, purchased on Envato at a lower price. After 1 month of basically no support, I asked for money back and found this item..
Guys.. this is simply a FANTASTIC (and working!!) plugin! A little more expensive, but saves you headaches and anger! ... BRAVO! 5 Stars… very happy with it now. – Marco
Great plugin and excellent support. Recommended 100% – CSSmith
Love the plugin- bought it for a specific tiny project and grabbbed 100 new shares /likes in 9 hours. Awesome! – mttorley
Yes!!! This plugin is the complete AWESOME!!! Thanks for setting the option to choose URLs too! Greatly, greatly appreciated! – noahjnet
Loving the frequent updates and improvements on the plug-in, the functionality is amazing and has boosted my social networking engagement by 400%. I regret not getting this earlier. – Corey Harris
Fantastic plugin! Works like a charm! – IceflowStudios
Congratulations guys, i usually never comment the softs i buy but this one really deserve it.
I’ve tried the 2 others social locker plugins from WESMASHEDIT and TylerQuinn and they don’t work with cache plugin. I didn’t ask for a refund as they never said they do.
This plugin is by far the best one and working with WP super Cache. A pleasure to set up and a great working and beautifull plugin.
If you need a social locker trust me, it’s the only one that worth the price !
Bravo and Keep doing the good job. – tiblitz
Need Support? We Got You CoveredAll of our plugins come with free support. We care about your plugin after purchase just as much as you do. We want to make your life easier and make you happy about choosing our plugins.
We have a help desk setup for our users, making it easy to fill out a ticket. We guarantee to respond to every inquiry within 1 business day (typical response time is 3 hours).
Change LogThe latest updates:
v.3.6.3 – 9 Aug 2014
- ADDED: The option ‘Actual URLs’ on the page Global Settings.
- FIXED: Minor issues.
Important: if you use CDN, please purge your CDN after installing the update.
v.3.6.2 – 2 Aug 2014
- FIXED: The blurring effect in Firefox.
- FIXED: The bug of IE10-11 and the Tweet Button.
- FIXED: The bug of collapsing the video when the blurring effect are applied to the element ‘iframe’ with the position ‘absolute’.
v.3.5.9 – 17 Jul 2014
- NEW: The option to setup the locker position, if the Transparancy Mode or Blurring Mode are active.
- FIXED: Fixed IE11 and LinkedIn issue.
- FIXED: Fixed the incorrect link which should lead to the settings of the Facebook App.
Important: if you have the StyleRoller Add-On installed, please update it to the v1.0.7.
v.3.5.8 – 22 Jun 2014
- NEW: The long-awaited option to overlap content and make it transparent or blurred.
- IMPROVED: Support for Czech language.
- FIXED: A set of minor bugs and grammar/spelling mistakes on the “How To Use” page.
v.3.5.6 – 10 Jun 2014
- FIXED: A minor CSS issue in the admin dashboard.
- NEW: Support for shortcode attributes to change quickly some settings of the locker. For example: [sociallocker url=”http://google.com”]. Available attributes: url, title, message, theme.
v.3.5.4 – 09 Jun 2014
- IMPROVED: Support for dynamic content (which loads via ajax).
- IMPROVED: The plugin was optimized for better performance.
- FIXED: Minor bugs.
v.3.5.1 – 02 Jun 2014
- FIXED: The bug when the analytics doesn’t count “likes”.
v.3.5.0 – 30 May 2014
- NEW: StyleRoller released, a new add-on for creating own unique and attractive themes for Social Locker.
- NEW: Added the menu item “Add-Ons”
- FIXED: A lot of minor bugs.
21 May 2014 – The bonus updated to the v4.7.2
v.3.4.5 – 19 May 2014
- FIXED: The issue of the LinkedIn Share button.
- FIXED: The CSS issue which appears in the Wordpress Dashboard for some users.
v.3.4.3 – 14 May 2014
- FIXED: The “remove_script_version” issue.
- FIXED: The Facebook Share issue.
v.3.4.1 – 13 May 2014
- NEW: Added preloaders for the social buttons.
- NEW: Compatibility with some browser extensions like Avast!, PrivDog, AdBlock and others which can block social networks. If these extensions are detected and they break the locker, the plugin offers the user to turn them off.
- IMPROVED: Better support for Portuguese language.
- IMPROVED: Better support for German language.
- FIXED: The issue of the confirmation dialog of the Like button.
- FIXED: The issue of the Google +1 button when the locker doesn’t reveal content for some locker configurations.
- FIXED: The QuotaExceededError issue.
Important: if you use CDN, please purge your CDN after installing the update.
v.3.3.1 – 23 Apr 2014
- FIXED: A bug when the locker preview is not updating while editing the locker message.
- FIXED: Some internal infrastructure issues.
WARNING: If you get the message “You changed a license type for Social Locker. But the license you are using currently requires another plugin assembly.” after updating the plugin, please visit the License Manager page and submit your license key again.
v.3.3.0 – 21 Apr 2014
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with WP 3.9.
- IMPROVED: The Like button works a bit faster.
- FIXED: The IE10 issue.
v.3.2.9 – 31 Mar 2014
- FIXED: The IE8 issue.
v.3.2.8 – 26 Mar 2014
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with the “Responsive Lightbox by dFactory” plugin.
v.3.2.7 – 25 Mar 2014
- IMPROVED: The HTML and CSS structure of the Secrets theme was simplified. From now, it’s possible to change the color of the covers of the social buttons via CSS.
v.3.2.6 – 20 Mar 2014
- NEW: Added integration with the Google Analytics (you can turn on this option on the Common Settings page).
- FIXED: A minor bug that can appear within upgrading the plugin from one version to another.
v.3.2.5 – 14 Mar 2014
- NEW: Added the Flat theme.
- FIXED: A bug when the counter of the Like button is still visible on mobile devices even if the Counter option is set to OFF.
- FIXED: The issue of the box-sizing css rule for some websites.
- FIXED: ‘Unexpected error’ while trying to get version details.
v.3.2.4 – 05 Mar 2014
- FIXED: a bug of the ReLock feature.
- FIXED: a bug of the Interrelation option.
- NEW: added the “onp_sl_locker_options” filter for developers to change the locker options through php.
v.3.2.3 – 02 Mar 2014
- FIXED: A lot of minor bugs.
- FIXED: A conflict with the FormCraft plugin.
v.3.2.1 – 25 Feb 2014
- FIXED: Shifting in the Dandyish theme.
- FIXED: Changing the language of the Twitter and Google buttons.
v.3.2.0 – 24 Feb 2014
- NEW: A new menu item “How to use?” containing an instruction and recommendations on how to use the plugin.
- NEW: Customer accounts that allow to move license keys between sites, and view where they were activated.
- FIXED: Shifting of the Facebook Like button.
- FIXED: The bug of the preview in the locker editor.
- FIXED: The bug of the trimmed social buttons on Polish and Spanish sites.
- FIXED: Minor bugs of the batch locking.
v.3.0.9 – 15 Jan 2014
- FIXED: The bug of disappearing of lockers on using the W3 Total Cache plugin.
v.3.0.8 – 10 Jan 2014
- NEW: Added the ReLock option, a configurable option to make lockers appearing again after a while.
- NEW: Added the Interrelation option. When set On, it makes lockers interrelated. When any interrelated locker on your site is unlocked, the rest others will be unlocked too. You can find this option on the Common Settings page.
- NEW: Added the option to hide counters of the social buttons.
- NEW: Added an ability to clear statistical data. You can find this option on the Common Settings page.
- NEW: Added the “via” option for the Tweet button.
- FIXED: The bug that breaks lockers on using some complex configurations of the W3 Total Cache plugin.
- FIXED: The bug that shows incorrect statistical data on the Usage Statistics page.
v.3.0.7 – 6 Jan 2014
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with old versions of jQuery.
v.3.0.6 – 2 Jan 2014
- IMPROVED: Unlocking content after clicking the Like button got more quickly.
- FIXED: A minor bug of vertical alignment of the Facebook Share button.
v.3.0.5 – 30 Dec 2013
- IMPROVED: Images of the plugin were put into a sprite (a single image). Using image sprites reduces the number of server requests and saves bandwidth.
- IMPROVED: The Facebook Share button was updated and became localizable.
- IMPROVED: Better support for IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of impossibility to unlock content in IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of the locker preview in the admin panel.
v.3.0.2 – 24 Dec 2013
- FIXED: The Asset Manager fatal error that occurs on some websites.
- FIXED: The bug when lockers appear every time even if they were unlocked already.
v.3.0.0 – 20 Dec 2013 – MAJOR UPDATES
We fixed a lot of bugs and added a set of the most-wanted features, namnely:
- NEW: The Bulk Locking Option that allows to apply a locker shortcode to all posts automatically by using 3 different modes (Skip & Lock, More Tag, CSS Selector).
- NEW: The Lock Delay Option that shows the locker only in posts older than specified age.
- NEW: Admin interface fully compatible with the recently released WP 3.8.
v.2.2.7 – 5 Oct 2013
- IMPROVED: Performance optimization.
- IMPROVED: Added several new internal hints and tips.
- FIXED: A bug of not being able to activate a license key manually.
v.2.2.4 – 1 Sep 2013
- FIXED: A bug when the locker doesn’t show content after liking because the URL for liking doesn’t have a traling slash.
- FIXED: A conflict with W3 Total Cache when the locker doesn’t appear.