Latest update: 31 Dec 2013. Version: 1.4.0. Platform: for jQuery.Social Locker is a set of social buttons and a locker in one bottle. It allows you to lock a part of content on a web page until a user clicks one of the social buttons (Facebook Like, Tweet Button, Google +1) and help you to get more likes/tweets/+1s, traffic and customers!
Do you still place social buttons on every page of your site? But users don’t click the ones as often as you would like?
You should give people a reason why they need to click your social buttons. Even if people like your content, site or fanpage, they don’t click the buttons because they don’t worry about you, your benefits or your traffic. It’s not their problem.
But ask people to “pay” with a Like/Tweet/+1 to get access to your content, to get discount, to download, to watch a video, to view a funny picture or so. And it will start to work as it should be!
Look at how it works…
Note: You may continue to use social buttons on your site as you used it earlier.
Key FeaturesFull control of URL to like/tweet/+1. You can set an own URL for each social button or a common URL for the all social buttons. For example: a tweet for current page, a like for fanpage, +1 for your site main page. Just set required URLs and it’s all you need to get started.
Highly customizable. The plugin provides a considered html markup that allows you to create your own style for the locker. You can change colors, fonts, sizes, paddings, backgrounds, shadows, icons and all for any locker element. No coding required. Just add some CSS rules.
Preset Styles and Effects. We want to make a use of our plugins as simple as possible. So we added some modern preset styles and effects for you. Every update we will add new ones. Feel free to use they.
Helper Tools. We know that a good bussines is an agile bussines. So the plugin comes with some helper tools that make the locker agile. It’s a timer and a close button that allow a user to unlock content without clicking of social buttons.
And many others:
- Provides an ability to load content via ajax (dynamically).
- Remembers users who already clicked like on your content.
- Compatible with all the popular browsers (including mobile).
- Blocking any type of content: text, videos, images, links, forms and more.
- Provides events for developers: Unlock, Lock, Ready and others.
Need Support, We Got You Covered
All of our plugins come with free support. We care about your plugin after purchase just as much as you do. We want to make your life easier and make you happy about choosing our plugins.
We have a help desk setup for our users, making it easy to fill out a ticket. We guarantee to respond to every inquiry within 1 business day (typical response time is 3 hours).
Stay In Touch
Change LogThe latest updates:
v.1.4.0 – 31 Dec 2013
- IMPROVED: Images of the plugin were put into a sprite (a single image). Using image sprites reduces the number of server requests and saves bandwidth.
- IMPROVED: The Facebook Share button was updated and became localizable.
- IMPROVED: Better support for IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of impossibility to unlock content in IE 11.
v.1.3.2 – 1 Sep 2013
- FIXED: A bug when the locker doesn’t show content after liking because the URL for liking doesn’t have a traling slash.
v.1.3.1 – 2 Mar 2013
- NEW: A new button available: LinkedIn Share.
v.1.3.0 – 1 Mar 2013
- NEW: New buttons available: Facebook Share, Twitter Follow, Google Share. The Google Share button is experimental and doesn’t appear in IE and Opera.
- NEW: Support for jquery 1.9.0+ added.
- NEW: New options ‘title’ was added. It allows to set a visible title of a button for themes like ‘Secrets’. Previously it required changing a button image.
v.1.2.4 – 20 Jan 2013
- UPDATED: Common improvements for mobile devices.
v.1.2.3 – 3 Jan 2012
- FIXED: Twitter bugs fixed.
v.1.2.2 – 29 Dec 2012
- UPDATED: Support of touch screens improved.
- UPDATED: The preset themes were made fully responsive.
- FIXED: IE7 bug fixed. Beginning from now the locker will not appears for IE7 users (auto unlocking).