Latest update: 30 July 2014. Version: 1.6.7. Platform: for jQuery.Do you still place social buttons on every page of your website? But visitors don’t like/share your content as often as you would like?
You should give people a reason why they need to click social buttons on your website. Even if people really like your content, website or fanpage, they don’t click the buttons because they don’t worry about you, your benefits or your traffic. It’s not their problem.
But ask people to “pay” with a Like/Tweet/+1 to get access to your content, to get a discount, to download, to read an ending of your article, to watch a video or to view a funny picture. And it will start to work as it should be!
Social Locker is a jQuery plugin that locks your most valuable site content behind a set of social buttons until the visitor likes, shares, +1s or tweets your page. It helps to improve social performance of your website, get more likes/shares, build quality followers and attract more traffic from social networks.
How does it work?
All you need to do is select the part of your content you want to lock, click a button and you’re done.
This way, you can use articles, videos, audio, images, download links, coupon codes or anything else you can think of as an incentive for people to give you likes or shares.
1. Drive Social Traffic: Social Locker will add systematically viral traffic to your website, your opt-in funnel or your sales-page. When users share or tweet your page to get access to the content you locked, their friends see it and some of them visit your website. That repeats again and again.
2. Build Quality Fans & Followers: Every blogger and internet entrepreneur knows how difficult it is to get fans and followers, especially for new websites with a low budget.
Get every visitor of your site to follow you. Keep in contact with your audience and build loyalty. Just lock some valued content and tell visitors that the locked content is available only for your fans and followers.
3. Improve SEO Ranking: Google’s search algorithm takes over 200 factors into consideration when determining which results to show for a search query and in what order. Social media is one of the most important factors in their algorithm and has a significant influence on how a site ranks in a search.
Results in the organic search results’ top positions have a high number of likes, shares, +1’s and tweets. So, the better your social media performance, the better your SEO results.
Key FeaturesFull control of URL to like/tweet/+1. You can set an own URL for each social button or a common URL for the all social buttons. For example: a tweet for current page, a like for fanpage, +1 for your site main page. Just set required URLs and it’s all you need to get started.
Highly customizable. The plugin provides a considered html markup that allows you to create your own style for the locker. You can change colors, fonts, sizes, paddings, backgrounds, shadows, icons and all for any locker element. No coding required. Just add some CSS rules.
Preset Styles and Effects. We want to make a use of our plugins as simple as possible. So we added some modern preset styles and effects for you. Every update we will add new ones. Feel free to use they.
Helper Tools. We know that a good bussines is an agile bussines. So the plugin comes with some helper tools that make the locker agile. It’s a timer and a close button that allow a user to unlock content without clicking of social buttons.
And many others:
- Provides an ability to load content via ajax (dynamically).
- Remembers users who already clicked like on your content.
- Compatible with all the popular browsers (including mobile).
- Blocking any type of content: text, videos, images, links, forms and more.
- Provides events for developers: Unlock, Lock, Ready and others.
Looking for a Wordpress version? Click here.
Need Support, We Got You Covered
All of our plugins come with free support. We care about your plugin after purchase just as much as you do. We want to make your life easier and make you happy about choosing our plugins.
We have a help desk setup for our users, making it easy to fill out a ticket. We guarantee to respond to every inquiry within 1 business day (typical response time is 3 hours).
Change LogThe latest updates:
v.1.6.7 – 30 Jun 2014
- FIXED: Minor CSS issues.
- FIXED: The IE11 and Tweet button issue.
v.1.6.2 – 13 Jun 2014
- NEW: The long-awaited option to overlap content and make it transparent or blurred.
- IMPROVED: Support for Czech language.
v.1.5.9 – 19 May 2014
- FIXED: The issue of the LinkedIn Share button.
v.1.5.8 – 14 May 2014
- FIXED: The Facebook Share issue.
v.1.5.7 – 13 May 2014
- IMPROVED: Better support for Portuguese language.
- FIXED: The QuotaExceededError issue.
v.1.5.6 – 12 May 2014
- NEW: Added preloaders for the social buttons when they are loaded.
- NEW: Compatibility with some browser extensions like Avast!, PrivDog, AdBlock and others which can block social networks. If these extensions are detected and they break the locker, the plugin offers the user to turn them off.
- IMPROVED: Better support for German language.
v.1.5.5 – 9 May 2014
- FIXED: The issue of the confirmation dialog of the Like button.
- FIXED: The issue of the Google +1 button when the locker doesn’t reveal content for some locker configurations.
- IMPROVED: The CSS of the locker for better compatible with the most sites by default.
v.1.5.3 – 23 Apr 2014
- FIXED: A minor issue of the Like button, when after a like, the message “say something…” appears without unlocking.
- FIXED: The issue of the IE10 and the Tweet button.
v.1.5.1 – 25 Mar 2014
- IMPROVED: The HTML and CSS structure of the Secrets theme was simplified. From now, it’s possible to change the color of the covers of the social buttons via CSS.
v.1.5.0 – 13 Mar 2014
- NEW: Added the Flat theme.
- FIXED: A bug when the counter of the Like button is still visible on mobile devices even if the Counter option is set to OFF.
- FIXED: The issue of the box-sizing css rule for some websites.
v.1.4.3 – 25 Feb 2014
- FIXED: Shifting of the Facebook Like button.
- FIXED: The bug of the trimmed social buttons on Polish and Spanish sites.
v.1.4.1 – 2 Jan 2014
- IMPROVED: Unlocking content after clicking the Like button get more quickly.
- FIXED: A minor bug of vertical alignment of the Facebook Share button.
v.1.4.0 – 31 Dec 2013
- IMPROVED: Images of the plugin were put into a sprite (a single image). Using image sprites reduces the number of server requests and saves bandwidth.
- IMPROVED: The Facebook Share button was updated and became localizable.
- IMPROVED: Better support for IE 11.
- FIXED: A bug of impossibility to unlock content in IE 11.
v.1.3.2 – 1 Sep 2013
- FIXED: A bug when the locker doesn’t show content after liking because the URL for liking doesn’t have a traling slash.
v.1.3.1 – 2 Mar 2013
- NEW: A new button available: LinkedIn Share.
v.1.3.0 – 1 Mar 2013
- NEW: New buttons available: Facebook Share, Twitter Follow, Google Share. The Google Share button is experimental and doesn’t appear in IE and Opera.
- NEW: Support for jquery 1.9.0+ added.
- NEW: New options ‘title’ was added. It allows to set a visible title of a button for themes like ‘Secrets’. Previously it required changing a button image.
v.1.2.4 – 20 Jan 2013
- UPDATED: Common improvements for mobile devices.
v.1.2.3 – 3 Jan 2012
- FIXED: Twitter bugs fixed.
v.1.2.2 – 29 Dec 2012
- UPDATED: Support of touch screens improved.
- UPDATED: The preset themes were made fully responsive.
- FIXED: IE7 bug fixed. Beginning from now the locker will not appears for IE7 users (auto unlocking).