Social Gallery is The Ultimate Social Lightbox for WordPress.
Social Gallery Plugin is a fantastic new way to engage visitors to your WordPress blog by adding the ultimate lightbox featuring social media buttons (Facebook like, Facebook Send, Pinterests ‘Pin it’, Twitters ‘Tweet This’ and now Linked In, Stumble Upon & Tumblr) as well as Facebook or Disqus Comments!
Get More out of your images. More Likes. More Comments. More Revenue.
Your blog visitors already click your images, at best perhaps you have a lightbox feature (or maybe you don’t even have that!) – but once they click your images (and if they clicked it, they probably like it!) then what? With Social Gallery Plugin your users can “like”, “tweet” and “pin” the images on your page!
Improve your visitors user experience.
As well as better engaging your visitors and driving more likes and shares this plugin also improves the overall viewing experience for the visitor, allowing them to look through your blog media with the left and right arrow keys, just like on Facebook.
Version 3.0 is here
Version 3.0 has been in development for some time now and it is finally ready to purchase from CodeCanyon. The update to the plugin was submitted 20th October 2013. Keep an eye out on the “last updated” to see whether you are downloading v2.3 or v3.0
What does v3.0 bringThe main new features of v3.0 are listed below it also brings a number of bux fixes and improvements
- Image Tagging of photos in the lightbox (worth $15)
- Face detection to aid in tagging ($priceless)
- Basic mobile lightbox included (worth $10)
- Social Shortcodes included (worth $16)
- Facebook Share button added
- Google analytics page tracking of image views
- Social Analytics and SocialSMART basic functionality
Why our users can’t wait for v3.0
I love SG because now instead of sending all of my traffic to our facebook page to view photos from events, I can drive traffic to our site while still keeping the same look at feel of Facebook. – www.boomentertainment.com
Social Gallery sets my pictures alive with social fire – or will, once my wife actually promotes the site…. – http://princesseblack.com
I love Social Gallery because it’s the best plugin of all plugins made by mankind. Not just the best of existing plugins… No, it’s allready better than the ones to develop in to the future – http://www.partypica.com
I LOVE SOCIAL GALLERY BECAUSE I’TS SIMPLE TO CUSTOMIZE AND IT WORKS GREAT WITH MY 6500 PIC-NEXTGEN-GALLERY – http://www.jubla-boesingen.ch
Social Gallery Features:
- The Ultimate Social Lightbox
- Facebook-style image viewing
- 3x More opportunity for visitors to Like and Share
- Super Easy Install * Now with a Wizard
- 11 Preset “Modes” including NextGen and Justified Image Grid Compatibility
- NextGen gallery plugin support – note this does not work with NextGen SLIDERS or SLIDESHOWS
- Better media navigation for users
- 40+ CSS 3 Animations – Transition in your Lightbox!
- Earn More with Lightbox Adverts (Google Adsense)
- Fullscreen Mode
- Image Library & Social Gallery Pages
- Themes Framework gives you control
- Leverage all your existing blog posts
- Replaces any old Lightbox plugin
- Multiple browser’s supported (IE 7+, IE10, Safari 3+, iOS Safari, Chrome 3+, Firefox 3+, Opera 10+)
- Works with posts, pages, widgets and theme’s
- Custom URLS & SEO Friendly
- Detailed Documentation with examples
- Base Bar & Side Bar specific to your blog
- Works with WordPress Galleries like NextGen, WordPress Gallery Plugin and Justified Imaged Grid
- Add custom HTML descriptions New: Now “Per Image”!
- Fully Customisable, 50+ new options in V2
- Did we tell you it’s easy to install?
- Facebook’s 1 Billion+ users will be familiar with Social Gallery
The Ultimate WordPress Facebook Plugin for Photo Viewing – Easily integrated just by installing the plugin! Once installed you can view your very own Facebook style gallery – on your own blog!
Version 2.3 improves the stability!
There’s a number of performance improvements in the latest version and bug fixes. The main one being stability of the image scanner and theme compatibility checks
Version 2.2 Adds so many features!
More than 75+ new features + fixes since v2.0!
There’s so many new features in version 2.0 (and now v2.2!) that we haven’t been able to list them all here, read the “Change Log” at the bottom for the full list. Social Gallery really is now the most Kick Ass lightbox/gallery sharing plugin!
1,000 + Happy Customers:
Easy To Use
- No Coding Required!
- Works out of the box with 90% of WordPress themes
- Even if you have a totally custom theme, it takes only a minute to set up
- Integrates directly with WordPress – you get an extra menu item for Social Gallery where you can manage everything including settings, image library and update engine
Customizable / Customisable
- Tweak your Social Gallery easily from the options screen
- Customize the colors, links and descriptions
- Customize the margins & image sizes
- Choose a theme for your navigation!
- Choose whether you want Facebook Comments or Disqus, or neither!
High Quality Code
- Modern CSS and jQuery enhancements
- Selectively Loaded CSS3 Animations – reduces page load time
- Faster than the original Lightbox, and now even faster than older Social Gallery Versions!
Social Gallery Technology
- Uses jQuery and the latest scripts for Facebook Integration, Twitter Tweet it Buttons and Pinterest Pin It buttons as well as Linked In, Google Plus (Google+), Stumble Upon & Tumblr
- Now works with Disqus Comments system!
- Choice of Social Gallery Pages framework or other fallbacks, including HashBang solution to distinct image comments
- iPhone & iPad compatible!
- Users can navigate through all of the images on your blog post by clicking the left or right arrow key’s
- Users can click on the right side of the image to move horizontally to the next image, or the left side to go back
- Users can like, pin, tweet and comment on every blog post image you enable - get 3x, 5x++ engagement!
- CSS3 Animations can be chosen for the opening & closing of Social Gallery!
Forums Live & Future Features
- Forums available @ forum.socialgalleryplugin.com
- Future features will be voted upon in forums, requests include a mobile version, jQuery version, preloading, description mutators, more themes and more!
Support & Updates:
- Support: Please note that support from Envato authors is optional but I typically provide it for free as follows: 1st responses via Forums, emails & comments will also be answered thereafter.
- Theme compatiblity: Social Gallery will work with 99.9% of themes, however themes which have custom styles may require a little configuration. Themes which have lightboxes, or plugins which add lightboxes will need to have these removed for Social Gallery to work (because it’s a lightbox.)
- Free updates for life! All users who buy Social Gallery here get free version updates for life. *Addon modules may be available seperately.
More Happy Customers:
Version 3.8 – 25th November 2013
>> Improvement of Social Gallery auto update core >> Readiness for WordPress 3.8
Version 3.7 – 12th November 2013
>> Improvement to auto update
Version 3.6 – 12th November 2013
>> Fix to Social Gallery Page Template >> Code added for auto load >> outsourced for quicker updates
Version 3.5 – 11th November 2013
>>Fix where plugin slug was mentioning sgvideo
Version 3.4 – 9th November 2013
>>CSS fixes to mobile lightbox
Version 3.3 – 5th November 2013
>>Adding settings options for FB share and JiG overlay >>Improved CSS in certain areas >>Improved stability when FB is not defined
Version 3.2 – 3rd November 2013
>> Update for verified plugin >> Minor bug fixes and improvements
v3.1 – 3rd November 2013
- Epic Automatic Update Core built into the plugin - License code verification - Bug fixes and improvements - Stable base for future versions - Future versions handled through Epic Automatic Updates
v3.0 – 20th October 2013
>> Image Tagging of the Lightbox photos *NEW* >> Face Detection of faces in images *NEW* >> Mobile Lightbox included in v3.0 *NEW* >> Image scanner now scans custom posts *NEW* >> Social Shortcodes now included in v3.0 *NEW* >> Live Social Stats on images included in v3.0 *NEW* >> Welcome page with support resources *NEW* >> Google Analytics image views tracked *NEW* >> Social Analytics basic functionality added *NEW* >> SocialSMART basic functionality added *NEW* >> Facebook SHARE button added *NEW* >> NextGen 2.0+ Compatibile *FIX* >> Justified Image Grid Load More compatibility *FIX* >> Tumblr share button fixed when using Social Gallery Pages *FIX* >> Image scanner improved to be more stable and pick up all NextGen images *FIX*
v2.3 – 9th August 2013
» Improved theme compatibility 'out of the box' » Stronger image scanner which runs more reliably
v2.2 – 28th March 2013 [Stable Release] – Performance fixes, Justified Image Grid Bug Fix and many more tweaks + additions
v2.1 – 15th March 2013 – Many stability improvements & Fixes, Mobile detecting, On/Off for Social Gallery Per-Post & Per-Page, Escaped HTML now allowed for title & Descriptions, Settings Backup and much more!, also pre-cursor update to Social Gallery Mobile & Stat’s Add-ons and Justified Image Grid Improvement
» Fixed bug in social crawler » Fixed a bug with Social Gallery Pages "title" attribute » Fixed a bug with facebook app Id's incFBAppID » Fixed bug in mobile detector » Fixed sharedeck "undefined" issue » Fixed "http" -> "https" bug for twitter script include [Thank You David Wilks] » Fixed bug where tweet links to page (now links to Social Gallery Page or Fallback) » Fixed bug where g+ links to page (now links to Social Gallery Page or Fallback) » Fixed Bug in single-social-gallery-image template » Fixed options in single-social-gallery-image template » Fixed options in SocialGallery.Library.php » Fixed bug in title attribution - all titles should display correctly now » Fixed "X" close character overlap with scroll bar » Fixed broken link (aka "You do not have sufficient perm..to access this page" bug) » Removed swipe functionality from js » Removed SocialGalleryMobile.js » Removed some old legacy options from header » Removed "swipe" experimental functionality » Improved admin notice styling » Added Social Stats bridge functionality » Applied Fix for IE10 for navigation backgrounds [Thanks Jan Helleman] » ...http://forum.socialgalleryplugin.com/showthread.php/67-Problem-with-Internet-Explorer-10-IE10-amp-Navigation » Added setting: delay for social media stat updates » Added addon finding functionality » Added "Addons" to settings screen » Added field retrieval for social stats » Added viewing of individual images via admin area (for comment moderation) » Added facebook comment validation » Added Social Gallery Page awareness to viewer + Social Gallery Page template » Added MobileDetect engine » Added On/Off for mobile switch/option » Added "Devices" page to settings » Added On/Off breakdown for mobile AND tablets » Added Tablet option for mobile switch » Added settings for Mobile addon » Added Overrides for Mobile addon » Added awareness of Mobile addon » Added option "Custom CSS" for overriding SG default CSS » Added "Disable Social Gallery Per Post/Page" meta boxes to posts/pages » Added esc_attr ready titles - you can now include encoded html in your titles [Thanks Firsh] » Added capacity to specify HTML Descriptions PER IMAGE via HTML5 data attributes » Added esc_attr HTML ready descriptions: » ...You can now include encoded html in your description overrides to be output » ...HTML per images [Thanks Firsh] » Added On/Off for "Disable Social Gallery Per Post/Page" feature to Settings » Added capacity to properly save "custom-social-gallery-image.php" templates » Wrote a proper options model/class » Wrote a "backup" routine for settings » Wrote migration to new options model » Settings Model complete with new upgrade path » Made settings page remember your tab when you save settings (persistent tabs) » Formally removed option "Include Swipe" [experimental feature] » Improved Add-on install validation + styling » Moved "Tweet Via" to settings page - allowing you to set your own Tweet Via @ » Moved Facebook App ID to be included next to "Include FB Source" in settings » Tweaked Facebook App ID label » Updated pinterest share code in-line with there latest code » Despite pinterests' lack of compatability I have written a custom workaround » Implemented "Custom CSS" via front-end » Implemented Total disabling of Social Gallery per post/page, including includes » Moved Mobile Add-on settings to "Add-ons" tab in settings » Improved Justified Image Grid Mode » Use's new Selector from Firsh - .jigsSgConnect a.jig-loaded [Thanks Firsh]
v2.0 – 13th December 2012 – Added Google Adsense compatibility, Social Gallery Pages, CSS3 Animations, Super Easy Install Wizard, Tumblr, Linked In, Google+ & Stumble Upon Sharing, Full Screen Mode, Theme Engine, Enhanced Management Area & Admin, Improved code efficiency & robustness and many more tweaks
» Fixed bug in Option Backup » Fixed Chrome bug causing an undesirable scrollbar » Fixed a fault which occured when people incorrectly set Disqus options » Fixed Removed plugin background causing leak effects » Fixed Object To Array beta bug » Fixed mis-margin setting by some themes overriding css » Fixed errors with renamed install zips » Fixed 4 bugs related to image proportion, gallery margin and scaling » Improvement: Better css resetting for image vertical-alignment » Improvement: Re-engineered Image resizing using viewport methodology » Improvement: Added facebook style shadow » Improvement: All variables, functions and naming brought inline & cleaned » Improvement: Seperate inclusion for all CSS3 effects for faster, effecient loading » Improvement: Settings backed up on upgrade » Improvement: Added capacity to enable/disable Social Gallery Pages function » Improvement: Refined "Social Gallery Pages" » Improvement: Fallback functionality to keep it simpler for users » Improvement: Re-wrote install wizard to simplify initial settings » Improvement: Made it easier to share Social Gallery and Earn a commision » Improvement: Catching of incorrectly loaded urls » Improvement: Redeveloped Social Gallery Plugin Homepage » Improvement: Library, Social Statistics & Update Engine Pages » Improvement: Updated documentation » Improvement: Tested & Tweaked for IE10 » Improvement: Built specific social gallery encoder to ultimately minify code » Improvement: Faster loading. » Added Social Gallery Pages functionality » Added Social Gallery Pages customisation » Added ability to use Google Adsense in place of comments » Added CSS3 Animation's for opening & closing Social Gallery [v2 easter egg] » Added Tumblr Sharing » Added Linked In Sharing » Added Google+ Sharing » Added FullScreen Mode » Added Full Image Library » Added PHP5 & viability checks » Added Image Library Acquisition (Two Levels of Scanner) » Added Image Library Social Statistics (Future module) » Added Social Statistics Acqusition » Added Install Wizard » Added Unique Url Formulation (http://blog.com/social-gallery/your-image) » Added OG + Meta for Each Image. » Added Pretty Urls for Unique Social Gallery Pages » Added "As seen on" to unique Social Gallery Pages » Added FullScreen Mode icon » Added AJAX admin management » Added Progress bar and auto-resume to acquisition » Added Proper auto-resume » Added Image Viewing to Image Library » Added Compatible Themes & Plugins feed to homepage » Added Social Gallery News to homepage » Added functionality: Image Gallery Margin Setting » Added functionality: Image Gallery Enlarging via Setting » Added Proper full screen adjustments » Added "Forced fullscreen" mode » Added CSS Deselectors » Added Theme Engine pre-cursors » Added Theme Engine » Added 4 Starter-Themes » Added library storage of image dimensions » Added fullscreen mode so as it can deal with images of all sizes » Added fullscreen to work persistently and on the fly » Added functionality which allows local + remote images of all sizes » Added .noLightBox and .noSocialGallery defaults
v1.4 – 10th September 2012 – Integration with Justified Image Grid, Added Disqus Comments, Improved loading and many more tweaks
» Added Integration with Justified Image Grid » Added Swipe Gestures [experimental] for mobile » Added Download Image Link Functionality » Added Automatic Update Checking » Added "Share your options with developer" functionality » Added Stronger CSS rules to Social Gallery » CSS Resets SG to appear the same throughout your differing themes » Added Automatic NextGen Compatability Features » Added NextGen Gallery Overview Mode » Added NextGen Widget Only Mode » Added NextGen Thumbnails Mode » Added NextGen Compatability Mode » Added Gallery Compatability Mode » Added Compatability Mode » Added Page Images Mode » Updated Post Images Mode » Updated Help Documentation » Fixed a bug with Disqus script inclusion
v1.3 – 28th August 2012
» Several minor fixes
v1.2 – 26th July 2012
» Added Disqus Commenting » Added Option to toggle faces on Facebook Like/Send button » Added Loading image » Added Social links to config header » Added capacity to override Facebook App ID » Added showcase links » Added upgrade routine (1.0->1.2) » Fixed Pinterest bug » Fixed alignment of images Bug » Improved Documentation » Numerous tiny tweaks and refactoring