I do not reply to comments regularly. If you have a question please send it by email. There is a contact form you can use in my profile page.
Note: windows hosting is currently not supported. Hostgator shared hosting seems to have too much limits to support this, so I cannot support Hostgator shared accounts.
SmartBackup is a highly configurable php application which automatically archives your website’s files and database (only MySQL for now). In addition to keeping the archives locally, it can export those archives to a FTP/SFTP server and Dropbox account. You can also create multiple backup jobs which run at different intervals of time. You can specify a maximum number of backup archives to be kept (when a new one is made an old one is deleted) for each of your backup jobs. There are also email notifications!You can decide when your backups are created using these options:
- Every [...] hours
- Daily at [...] o’clock
- Every [...] days at [...] o’clock
- Weekly at [...day…] at [...] o’clock
- Monthly at [...date…] at [...] o’clock
SmartBackup is also able to restore your files/database from an archive with a single click. The interface is very intuitive and user-friendly.
You are not limited to backing up one folder or database. You can easily select more than one folder and exclude some subfolders if you want, and you can select multiple databases and exclude tables from the database backup.
The installation is easy and can be completed in just 2 minutes. There are also video tutorials and step-by-step guides in the documentation.
Requires PHP 5.2+, Cron jobs (almost every host has it), the ZipArchive and PDO extensions (they are installed by default on almost all hosting providers).
- 1.1.2 – Fixed a bug with some versions of the ZipArchive extension in PHP 5.4+.
- Fixed a caching problem in Firefox which prevented some people from logging in
- The temporary backup files have a .zip extension and not .tmp which caused a problem on some weird versions of ZipArchive.
- If you had a directory which was a prefix of another (for example smart/ and smartbackup/) these two could previously get confused in the interface so they would end up being deselected.
- 1.1.0 – Added SFTP destination support
- 1.0.9 – Fixes bug with non-expanding tree nodes if the password had some special symbols.
Changed all files in /api/component/ and api/index.php
- 1.0.8 – Fixed “No files in archive” bug with empty ignore list
- 1.0.7 – Removed checks for source directories (allows mysql-only backups).
Also more direct writing to the SQL files so that the (entire) table data is not stored in memory.
Allows huge databases to be extracted.
- 1.0.6 – Fixed archive ordering on date (UI).
Fixed errors with Dropbox that were caused by Dropbox’s API changes
- 1.0.4 – No “ftp://” is passed in the api URLs. Apparently some servers block URLs with “ftp://” in them
Fixed Undefined index ‘dropboxAccount’ notice
Better error logging of components’ methods
Added seamless upgrade ‘json’ -> ‘php’ files for the configuration
Warnings for non-readable files
Errors in error_log for unsuccessful ftp connections
- 1.0.3 – No longer requires Apache only. No need for mod_rewrite