Plugin InformationSmart Posts Index adds new taxonomy called ‘Index’ (smart-index), and this taxonomy is added to selected post types for automatic assignment of index term to each post. Term is generated from post title and first letter is used, to get terms for letters and numbers: A, B, C, M, X, Z…
Changing post title, will trigger generating new term based on the changed name. All this is done automatically, on post publish action. You can also trigger re-indexing for all posts in selected post types. Plugin has function to generate indexer with list of terms linking to their archive pages. But, plugin also adds extra rewrite rules to implement archives for index terms for individual post types. Plugin can work with any theme, and plugin contains example templates for default WordPress themes.
Check out the video on how plugin works, and check out the demo page to see it in action. Also, please read following Important and Additional Support sections before buying. If you have any questions, leave the comment or contact me directly.
- Supports all public post types with registered archives feature.
- First letter or number based indexing with many control options.
- Additional permalinks rewrite rules for index page and archives.
- Additional templates support for index page and archives.
- Rendering functions can be overridden for maximum customization
- Control over various parameters for added Smart Index taxonomy.
- Control over extraction of index term from post title with filters.
- Shortcodes for adding indexer or index list directly into posts/pages content.
- Includes detailed PDF user and developer guides.
ImportantPlugin is easy to use, but there are some limitations and requirements that you need to be aware of:
- Plugin can work with any public post type. But, there are limitation caused by the way some post types are registered (no archives, or can’t be queried). With such post types, some of the plugin features will not work. Pages and Attachments are default post types that have such limitations.
- With use of widget and shortcodes implemented by the plugin, you can have all the features plugin has working. But, for full experience custom templates for theme are required. Example templates are provided with plugin.
- Theme templates customization requires some basic knowledge of PHP and WordPress development: creating new template for a theme, changing template content, understanding PHP functions.
Additional SupportBecause of the nature of the plugin, some users might require extra help with it:
- Available on official website: tutorials with plugin setup, examples of template customization (upon request for specific customization topic).
- Available in official support forums: ask for help with a theme, provide archive and page template from it, and I will create template for this plugin for that theme.
- 2 basic styling themes for indexer and index page
- Built in support for TwentyTen, TwentyEleven and TwentyTwelve themes
- Support translation and includes POT file
Version 1.1 / 2012.04.09.
- Added: more filters to control indexing process and exclusions
- Changed: expanded documentation and added some assets to package
- Fixed: invalid descriptions in the plugin source files
- Fixed: reindexing with numbers as single term not working
- Fixed: minor issues with built in templates for Index page
- Fixed: several php warnings caused by undefined variables
- Fixed: missing translation strings from the POT translation file
Version 1.0 / 2012.03.01.
- First release