Smart Market Widgets is WordPress plugin containing 5 widgets, using Envato API to get information about files available on all Envato Marketplaces and display them in the website sidebars using different methods and styling.
Links generated by the plugin support adding of referrer username for earning affiliate commission from new signups on any of Envato Marketplace websites.
- Featured Author
- Featured File
- Files List
- Search for Files
- Powered By API Banner
Cache Envato data for better performancePlugin can cache all data received from Envato API, and you can control the timeout for different data types. You also have a tool to clear all cached data anytime.
Different display methods and styling for widgetsPlugin contains two basic styles and six item display methods allowing you to show items thumbnails, preview, ratings, item information. Plugin allow use of tooltip hover to show Envato like item preview.
Many widget settings to control items displayYou can control widget generated links, add referrer to each URL (for affiliate commision), control item sorting, widgets visibility, tooltip preview, styling and more.
Get items based on search query and other criteriaEach widget offers options to which items are displayed. Use predefined criteria or custom built search query to fine tune the resulting Envato marketplaces items.
All Main Plugin Features
- Supports all Envato Marketplaces (currently 8 marketplaces).
- Caching of received Envato data for faster response.
- Control cache timeout for received Envato data.
- Supports Smart Web Fonts Control for enhancing widgets typography.
- Search for items: use marketplace, categories and search queries.
- List marketplace items: popular, collection, new and random.
- Sort marketplace items: random, new, old, last updated.
- Filter returned items by minimal rating to narrow the results.
- Get featured author and file from any marketplace.
- Get any marketplace item by specified item ID.
- Get any marketplace author by specified username.
- Display Envato like tooltip preview for every item.
- Modify generated links rel and target attributes.
Features For Developers
- Functions to integrate widgets anywhere in the theme
- Hooks to control widgets loading and few other things
Additional Plugin Features
- Display items using different methods
- Comes with 9 item rendering methods
- Comes with 3 predefined styles
- Tools to delete all cached Envato API data
- Controls to disable any of the plugin widgets
- Supports replacing default display functions
- Support translation and includes POT file
System and WordPress Requirements
- PHP 5.2.4 or newer
- PHP cURL extension
- WordPress 3.5 or newer
DocumentationPlugin contains PDF user guide in the plugin package, inside the ‘docs’ directory. Check out this document to get information on plugin options, usage and more.
Smart Image TooltipPlugin uses SMARTPlugins own jQuery plugin Smart Image Tooltip. You can get this plugin from CodeCanyon: Smart Image Tooltip for jQuery.
Recommended similar plugin on CodeCanyonVery similar to Smart Market Widgets plugin, but it uses shortcodes to add items and author information into posts content. Plugin integrates into WordPress TinyMCE editor with button to open dialog to build shortcode and insert it into the post content. Both plugin can work together and share cache for all Envato API data to improve performance.
Version 3.0 / 2014.10.30.
- Added: rewritten rendering handling and functions
- Added: full category tree added for each market where needed
- Added: converting category string into proper name
- Added: new item display method – compact mini
- Added: new widgets styling – boxed
- Changed: using Smart Envato API Library 3.0
- Changed: using Smart Image Tooltip 1.4
- Changed: now using new Envato Market API logo
- Changed: remove all widgets CSS style settings
- Improved: styling for all rendering methods
- Improved: few minor updates to plugin core functions
- Improved: styling for the widget controls
- Fixed: few issues with data cache expiration
- Fixed: some classes had wrong base names
- Fixed: option to disable cache was not working
- Fixed: powered by widget missing CSS class settings
- Fixed: powered by widget missing closing DIV
- Fixed: powered by widget broken terms URL
Version 2.8 / 2014.07.01.
- Changed: all API calls now include user agent
- Improved: using Smart Envato API 2.8