This plugin is created for all authors selling products through Envato Marketplaces and using WordPress with bbPress plugin to provide support for customers. Using Smart bbPress nVerify, you can set up forums protection so that users are required to enter valid purchase code for your Envato products. You can assign one or more products to individual bbPress forums. Plugin requires use of WordPress version 3.3 or newer and bbPress plugin version 2.3 or newer.
Plugin stores purchase codes users entered, and each code needs to be entered only once, and later visits to support forum will automatically verify that code exists. This way, verification process is not intrusive on your customers and doesn’t require using code with every visit.
Plugin uses Envato API to verify purchase codes.
Plugin is compatible with Smart Content nVerify plugin (available here), and purchase code stored for users are shared between two plugins. This makes using both plugins easier, and users don’t need to enter codes to access forum and posts content controled by both plugins.
Control how forums restrictions are appliedYou can restrict access to forums using three options: restrict access to forum (hides even the list of topics in protected forum), restrict access to new topic form (user can see list of topics, but form is not available) and restrict access to actual topic content. Plugin supports use of new topic forms outside of the forums where user all can select forum to post to from drop down list. In such case, validation is also done.
Simple form for entering purchase codeRestriction screen shows list of products assigned to a forum (so the users know which plugin license they need), and you have one field to enter purchase code and button to verify it. Depending on the verification (done through AJAX) user will see error or success message. If code is verified, page will refresh and show protected content. If the Envato API is not responding for some reason (maintenance on Envato), message will be displayed and user should wait before attempting verification again.
For each forum you can assign one or more items, but you can also switch forum protection to any item for your Envato account. This way you can have general access forums that require purchase code from any of your items, without the need for you to list each item.
Restriction templates can be customizedDefault templates plugin has to display restriction message, also show the user step by step information on how to get the purchase code. All templates plugin have can be overriden by the theme so you can customize further the way those pages look like.
Administration panels with list of users with purchase codesOn plugins panel in the administration, you can see list of all users with registered purchase codes. You can filter the list by product and sort it by user ID or username. You can see all the information about each purchase code. List also shows registration date for each user and links to their topics and replies for faster access to their support topics.
You can unlink purchase codes if you need to (remove option added to the list of registered codes). This means that can be used again by other users. This is useful when you are testing the system.
Users can review registered codes and bulk add new codesYour forum users can also see all purchase codes they have registered, and it allows them to add new codes in bulk. This way they can add codes faster and they can keep track of all codes they used. They can add multiple purchase codes for same product.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Integration into admin side list of forums bulk editor to assign or remove Envato items from multiple forums at once.
- Support for Envato support item URL redirecton to auto resolve it to a sub forum on your website.
- Auto revalidation of purchase codes in case the purchase is refunded or reversed.
- Restrict use of one purchase code for one user account.
- Control user roles that will have unrestricted access to protected forums.
- Allow items from more than one Envato author for individual forums.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode
System and WordPress Requirements
- WordPress 3.3 or newer
- bbPress plugin for WordPress 2.3 or newer
- PHP 5.2.4 or newer
- Plugin depends on the templates loading system in the core of bbPress plugin. If you use some other system to replace bbPress templates loading and control, you will need to adjust that to work with Smart bbPress nVerify.
- Plugin stores purchase information into database connected to users on your support forum. This means that your customers must register for an account on your website to access support forum. This plugin can’t be used if you allow anonymous posting in support forums.
Version 2.2 / 2014.07.30.
- Fix: Unlinking code from user leaves extra record in database
- Fix: Problem with escaping SQL elements in the customers grid
- Fix: Several small code formatting and display issues
Version 2.1 / 2014.07.01.
- Updated: All API calls now include user agent
- Updated: Using Smart Envato API 2.8
Version 2.0 / 2014.04.10.
- Added: Protection based on any available item purchase code
- Added: bbPress user profile with list users purchase codes
- Added: bbPress user profile with form for bulk adding of codes
- Added: Option to set default marketplace for your account
- Added: Customers list option to remove any purchase code
- Added: Customers list option to open user profile page
- Added: Customers list with more columns with useful information
- Updated: Settings tab split into two for better organization
- Deleted: Removed current balance display from Account page
- Updated: jQueryUI updated to latest 1.10.4 version
- Fix: Unable to add items when creating new forum, before publishing
- Fix: Several terminology and string translation issues