Plugin InformationThis plugin is created for all authors selling products through Envato Marketplaces and using WordPress with bbPress plugin to provide support for customers. Using Smart bbPress nVerify, you can set up forums protection so that users are required to enter valid purchase code for your Envato products. You can assign one or more products to individual bbPress forums. Plugin requires use of WordPress version 3.3 or newer and bbPress plugin version 2.3 or newer.
Plugin stores purchase codes users entered, and each code needs to be entered only once, and later visits to support forum will automatically verify that code exists. This way, verification process is not intrusive on your customers and doesn’t require using code with every visit.
Plugin uses Enavto API to verify purchase codes.
Control how forums restrictions are appliedYou can restrict access to forums using three options: restrict access to forum (hides even the list of topics in protected forum), restrict access to new topic form (user can see list of topics, but form is not available) and restrict access to actual topic content. Plugin supports use of new topic forms outise of the forums where user all can select forum to post to from drop down list. In such case, validation is also done.
Simple form for entering purchase codeRestriction screen shows list of products assigned to a forum (so the users know which plugin license they need), and you have one field to enter purchase code and button to verify it. Depending on the verification (done through AJAX) user will see error or success message. If code is verified, page will refresh and show protected content. If the Envato API is not responding for some reason (maintenance on Envato), message will be displayed and user should wait before attempting verification again.
Restriction templates can be customizedDefault templates plugin has to display restriction message, also show the user step by step information on how to get the purchase code. All templates plugin have can be overriden by the theme so you can customize further the way those pages look like.
Administration panels with list of users with purchase codesOn plugins panel in the administration, you can see list of all users with registered purchase codes. You can filter the list by product and sort it by user ID or username. You can see all the information aboout each purchase code.
Other Plugin Features Included
- Integration into admin side list of forums bulk editor to assign or remove Envato items from multiple forums at once.
- Support for Envato support item URL redirecton to auto resolve it to a sub forum on your website.
- Auto revalidation of purchase codes in case the purchase is refunded or reversed.
- Restrict use of one purchase code for one user account.
- Control user roles that will have unrestricted access to protected forums.
- Allow items from more than one Envato author for individual forums.
- Support for Multisite WordPress mode
System and WordPress Requirements
- WordPress 3.3 or newer
- bbPress plugin for WordPress 2.3 or newer
- PHP 5.2.4 or newer
- Plugin depends on the templates loading system in the core of bbPress plugin. If you use some other system to replace bbPress templates loading and control, you will need to adjust that to work with Smart bbPress nVerify.
- Plugin stores purchase information into database connected to users on your support forum. This means that your customers must register for an account on your website to access support forum.
Version 1.5 / 2013.12.29.
- Added: Handling of the Envato Support redirection URL’s
- Added: Integration with the Forums bulk editor
- Added: Purchase code steps hidden by default
- Added: Handle protection of forms with Forum selection
- Updated: Few changes to display of customers grid
- Updated: Some minor styling changes
- Fix: Not showing all items required to visitors
- Fix: Possible adding of duplicated items
Version 1.0 / 2013.12.11.
- First version