Website CommentsThis website component allows you to easily place a “comment block” on any page of your website.
- Allow users to post comments on any page of your website
- Really handy for PHP websites that don’t support comments
- Easy to setup and customise
- Works out of the box, comes with copy/paste examples
- Sends admin an email with a summary of the comment when a new comment is posted, links to approve / deny.
- SPAM prevention
- Can be styled using your own css
- Only one (1) single file to upload to your website!
- No database required! Easy to setup.
- Uses Gravatar’s (like themeforest) but you can turn them off
- Users can reply to comments, and they are displayed in a hierarchy.
- Optionally approve all comments before they go live
- Optionally notify users when their comment has been approved
- Subscribe to comments, users will receive an email every time a new comment is posted on that page.
- Automatically convert website links to clickable links
- Can be tweaked as much as you like if you know PHP
- Does not require JQuery or any external css / images, everything will work with the single php file
- You can of course style the comment box with external css, and use images as “submit” buttons and headings if you like, but that is totally optional.
- PHP4 of PHP5 hosting account
- Linux hosting account (have not tested on windows)
- PHP mail() command support by your hosting provider
- Know how to set folder permissions with FTP
Live Demo:You can view a installation instructions, and some examples by following this link:
Feel free to test it out and ask me any questions.
If you have troubles using this component, please contact me through my profile page. Include a link to the site you are trying to set them up on so I can see what the problem is.
If you enter your password into the script and nothing happens, copy and paste this code into widget-comments.php on a new line after the first <?php tag:
session_save_path (getcwd() . ”/tmp/”);
then create a folder on your hosting account called tmp and set it’s permissions to “write”. PM me through my profile if you get stuck.
(generated from my new Online User Counter script)