With this plugin you can control some elements of sending emails through WordPress mailer (wp_mail function). You can adjust from name and email and avoid potential problems some mail server have with generic email sender WordPress generates. If you want to use SMTP server to send emails, with this plugin you can easily set GMail or Yahoo servers or any custom SMTP server. And you can test the email settings by sending test email.
Plugin will work with WordPress 3.2 and newer. On server side, you must have PHP OpenSSL Extension
active (most server already have it) if you want to use secure SMTP servers.
- Very simple and fast to setup
- Control email sending FROM field
- Support for any SMTP server
- Direct support for GMAIL SMTP server
- Direct support for Yahoo SMTP servers
- Direct support for Outlook / Live / Hotmail SMTP servers
- Test for OpenSSL needed for SSL/TLS
- Send email to test server settings
There is no guarantee that this plugin SMTP modifications will work with every server or hosting company. For PHP to send emails through secure servers (SSL/TLS), you need OpenSSL extension installed. Plugin tests for that. If it is missing, you must consult your hosting company about it. In some cases your ISP can block off some servers to be used for SMTP due to spam concerns, and it can fail during tests. Always make sure to test your settings on the live server, to make sure all is OK. Localhost tests can fail due to ISP rules.
Version 1.3 / 2013.02.08.
- Added: direct support for Outlook / Live / Hotmail SMTP
Version 1.2 / 2013.01.27.
- Fixed: critical bug with test panel
Version 1.1 / 2013.01.18.
- Improved: many minor changes and updates
- Fixed: styling problems with some browsers
- Fixed: styling problems with WordPress 3.2 and 3.3
Version 1.0 / 2013.01.02.