Get full control over Layouts, Page Content, Sidebars and Widgets
- Custom page layouts – widgetize a page, drop widgets in page content area
- Easy column interface for Widgetizing Pages – Check it out
- Vertical or Horizontal widgets alignment
- Replace any theme sidebar with a custom one on any set of pages
- Unlimited custom sidebars
- Widget visibility – display any widget on or hide it from any page
- Supports any kind of content Pages, Page templates, Posts, Categories, Tags, Archives, Custom post types, Taxonomies, Post type archives, WordPress service pages – home, front, 404, search, etc.
- WPML plugin support – display sidebars and widgets based on Language
- WooCommerce plugin support – woo pages, products, categories, tags
- bbPress plugin support – bbPress pages, forums, topics, topic tags
- Display sidebars and widgets based on User role
- Optimized performance for large WP installations
- Designed to fit into the core WordPress design
- Easy and intuitive administration
- No coding required
Testimonials, Reviews, Change log, SupportSee at the bottom of the page.
ShowcaseCheck out the Live Preview for Examples and How to pages. There are videos and screenshots too. We’ve set up examples on:
- Widgetizing pages (Custom page layouts)
- Replacing sidebars
- Widget visibility
Custom page layouts – Widgetizing pagesAdding widgets on pages is a very flexible way to build your own unique page layout. Easy, fun, no coding!
- Create as many custom sidebars as you need
- Create a new page
- Create your column layout – few clicks with the column manager
- Insert the new sidebars in the columns
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and drop some widgets in your new sidebars
You can read more on Widgetizing pages – the process, screenshots, video.
Vertical and Horizontal widget alignment
This is the default WordPress widget alignment. The widgets in sidebars (widget areas) with vertical alignment are arranged in a column bellow each other.
The widgets in sidebars (widget areas) with horizontal alignment will be arranged in a row next to each other (lined up on the same line). Such widget areas are fluid and very flexible. The widget area width will be equally divided between all widgets in this widget area. Horizontal alignement is usually used on widgetized pages.
Replace existing theme sidebars with custom ones.Display relevant content on your pages. You can now replace an existing sidebar (widget area) with a custom sidebar for one or group of pages, templates, posts, custom post types, taxonomies, etc (any combination). The content of the new sidebar will be displayed on the exact same spot as the one you select to replace only for those pages you selected.
- Create a custom sidebar
- Choose which sidebar to replace
- Choose where to display the custom sidebar – any set of pages, templates, posts, custom post types, taxonomies, etc.
- Go to your Appearance -> Widgets and drop some widgets in your new sidebar
Widgets visibility – complete controlEvery widget can now be display on or hidden from one or few pages, templates, posts, custom post types, taxonomies, etc (any combination). It works with all widgets – WordPress default and any custom added widget.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets
- Every widget has a button named Set Visibility
- Choose where is the widget displayed on or hidden from
Add a sidebar in a page template fileAlthough it requires a little coding knowledge it is still very simple. Use the shortcode of the sidebar you’d like to add and the WordPress function do_shortcode.
Interface and Performance optimizations
- Fits well into the core WordPress design
- Optimized performance for large WP installations
- Ajax based operations so you don’t have to wait on pages to refresh
- Filters in the listings – search, total selected, and showing numbers
- Content types are grouped
It’s flexible and one can work rapidly with it. Although there are many plugins to create columns with, S&W Manager does it the best, i.m.o., and does many many more. The learning curve is very very low (if there is a learning curve at all!)DigitalDigg
Excellent job on this, I think this is a must have plugin for anyone messing with wordpress. And I also think this is one of the best plugins I’v seen on here.adoralinksis
Best sidebar and widget solution on the web! I recommend it to everyone running WordPress. It saves a lot of time and it’s easy.Pal2Pal
Just had to come back and add my voice to all the other “Wows!”Buddercup
Great plugin. Super easy to use, and helps you take full advantage of available space in Wordpress (no more deadspots!) Kudos to the developer for a great creation.dotins
This plugin saves so much development time and it is very easy to do all the cool stuff! You practically go beyond layout limits in no time. Really nice Thank you.SBD
What an amazing plugin, i am speechless! Saved my day.CanCars
10 stars!! I love it, exactly what I was looking for and some! thanks
Review at WPMU .orghttp://wpmu.org/new-wordpress-sidebar-plugin-gives-you-total-layout-control/
SupportGot a question or an issue? Please email us via our user page contact form here. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
UpdatesIf you have any suggestions on how to improve this item please let us know! We will seriously consider any suggestion and add it to item’s update list.
RatingIf you like this item please consider rating it as a way of supporting consistent improvements.
Note: If you are rating below 5 stars, please contact us. We’ll try to do our best to assist or fix all your points of criticisms.
Change logVersion 2.11(08.05.2013)
- Update: WPML plugin translated and not translated languages display
- Update: WPML plugin function registration verification
- Update: few minor updates
- Added: bbPress plugin support – bbPress pages, forums, topics, topic tags
- Added: WooCommerce full support – woo pages, products, categories, tags
- Added: Author archives filter
- Fixed: WPML plugin – display sidebars and widgets based on Language – all pages fixed
- Added: All posts from custom taxonomy
- Added: WPML plugin – display sidebars and widgets based on Language
- Added: Display sidebars and widgets based on User role
- Added: All posts from tag – filters for sidebars and widgets
- Added: Number of items to show in lists – in options
- Added: Filter notes in the lists
- Updated: js variable selection
- Added: .po files – the plugin is localization ready
- Added: Performance optimizations: filters in set widget visibility
- Update: Horizontal widget alignment new div wrap
- Fixed: CSS issues with WooCommerce
- Added: Performance optimizations: filters in add/edit sidebars pages, posts, taxonomies lists
- Added: Doc lines in widget visibility
- Updated: Widgetize pages interface improvements, notifications, error messages
- Updated: Widget visibility enabled by default
- Added: text domain
- Fixed: path for documentation icons in set widget visibility
- Fixed: add sidebar interface in chrome
- Added: Easy column interface for Widgetizing Pages
- Added: Performance optimizations on large wp installations
- Updated: Sidebar replacement functionality
- Added: All posts from category filter
- Added: Notifications on activation/deactivation
- Fixed: WordPress 3.4 widget visibility support
- Added: Few filters
- Added: shortcode column in the sidebars list
- Fixed: few typos
- Fixed: some white space
- Added: Set all visible/ all invisible in widgets visibility section
- Added: Item filter in widgets visibility section