RSD Respond is an online faq/knowledgebase/article system which runs on PHP /MySQL. It has been designed from the ground up to offer a well rounded experience for both end users and administrators. There are no limits to the application, so create as many categories/articles/users that you need.
Update – 28th April:RSS Feed and Send to Friend has been added. See the changes in the demo.
Update – 8th April:1. Added auto links for URL ’s. If you type a full URL into an answer, it will convert to a clickable link that opens in a new window. 2. Added delete option for file attachments (from article edit view).
Fixed a couple of small bugs, and optimised a few areas of code for compatibility.
New UpdateThe latest version sees the addition of file uploads. Admins can attach files to an article. When answering a question submitted, creating a new article, or editing an existing article, you can add a file (an image or pdf perhaps) that users can view/download.
This update also includes a couple of minor layout changes, and a couple of minor bug fixes.
- File Uploads/Attachments
- Unlimited Categories
- Unlimited Administrators
- Unlimited Articles
- Unlimited Comments
- Articles can be added to multiple categories, for when one is just not enough
- Add or remove categories. If you delete a category that has articles, the category is also removed from the article. If the article is left without categories (orphaned) it will be displayed on the admin dashboard.
- Users can submit “questions” to an approval queue for administrators to approve/reject
- Print articles for quick reference
- Articles can be deleted and edited by admins (in the edit screen you can remove categories from the article)
- Comments by admins are coloured differently
- Comments by admins bypass the moderation queue
- Related articles. When viewing an article,
- Add or remove categories from the application (via the edit option on the article)
- Add or remove users from the application (ONLY admins need an account)
- Add new articles directly, with question, answer, and categories
- Edit the settings for the application, including display name, and default admin email address
- Comment moderation queue. Moderate comments that have been submitted by users
- Question moderation queue. Moderate questions that have been submitted by users
- Orphaned articles. When an article has no categories, they are displayed on the admin dashboard.
- Display on the dashboard of the top 5 search terms (see what your users are searching for)
- Display on the dashboard the 5 most popular articles (based on views)
- Upload files to support your articles New
To login to the live demo, use admin / admin as the username / password combo