Yes, this plugin is WordPress 4.4 ready!
Have you ever seen …that cool stuff that “pimps” search results on Google? This Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin helps you to generate this search results by using structured microdata (schema.org). According to the schema.org website search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on this markup to improve the display of search results, making it easier for people to find the right web pages.
This plugin automatically pre-installs seven shortcode-examples that are ready-to-use. But it‘s also possible to create new shortcodes with your own microdata markup that you need for future purposes. This can be done very easy with the built-in Shortcode-Generator.
It works like this:
- Set up your own rich snippets code or just edit the pre-installed ones
- Define the HTML-Markup that you need for the microdata (note that no PHP programming skills are needed but PHP can be used if you want to do some special things)
- Save your settings and use the generated shortcode in your posts, pages or custom post types.
If you need help, view this YouTube Video: How to set up a Rich Snippet via the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin. Thanks for watching!
Supported snippetsOn their support sites the Google-guys wrote that the following snippets are supported:
- Reviews and Ratings
- Businesses and organizations
If you want to integrate even more Snippets no matter if they are supported by search engines, please take a look at the Rich Snippets Code Examples that you can easily copy&paste into the plugin.
Built-in Shortcode-GeneratorJust use the built-in Shortcode-Generator to generate cool shortcodes like buttons or boxes on your own!
Or… do you want to display your Google+ profile picture in the search results?For this you can find another cool plugin here: Google+ Author Information in Search Results WordPress Plugin
Or … you’re searching for a star-rating plugin?Why not checking out our new WordPress rating plugin? The Purple Heart Rating WordPress Plugin is what you need!
Or … you’re searching for a theme which fully supports schema.org microdata?Why not checking out my new theme? The Schema.org WordPress Theme literally talks to search engines. Learn more about this here.
Need help, or searching for a documentation?
Not a problem. You can find a great documentation, a FAQ and some other cool stuff on the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin Documentation Page.
Version HistoryThe current version is 1.6.1 (Nov. 30, 2015)
Click here for a full version history of the Rich Snippets WordPress Plugin. Please note that CodeCanyon sometimes is a little slow when it comes to reviewing updated items. To avoid this and to get updates quicker, please add your purchase code on the settings page of the item. You then get informed automatically when a new update is out and you also get the updated item delivered right within the WordPress update process.
Notes & Licenses:
- Please note: Google says that there is no guarantee that a Rich Snippet will be shown for your page on actual search results.
- Note that this plugin does not automatically fill all your posts with rich snippets. You have to include them manually.
- License: Uses jQuery and CodeMirror