Reset User Passwords is a WordPress Plugin which is able to reset user passwords with just one click. For each user from the selected user role a new random password will be generated and a notification email will be sent to the user.
This plugin is very useful if you have to change passwords for several users in a short time. Reasons for changing passwords could be:
- You have migrated your old site to WordPress
- Your WordPress site has been hacked
- You have to change passwords because of other security reasons
- or any other reason..
On the plugin settings page you are able to adjust the following settings:
- From Email Address – This allows you to change the default WordPress from email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to “email@example.com”
- From Email Name – This allows you to change the default from email name “WordPress” to “YourComapany” or whatever you want
- Email Subject – Define an email subject for password notification emails
- Email Text – Compose your own notification content and use placeholders like username , last_name , first_name and password where ever you want
- User Role – Reset passwords only for the selected user role.
During the password reset process a cool progress bar shows the current progress and below the bar usernames of already processed users will be displayed.
- AJAXED password reset with a progress bar
- Bulk password reset from user administration page
- Individual password reset from user administration page
1.2.2 – 2015-12-26
- Tweak – Significant speed improvements for large databases
1.2.1 – 2015-12-20
- Feature – WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- Tweak – Increased password length to 24 characters
- Feature – New placeholders added “ first_name ” and “ last_name “
- WordPress 4.0 compatibility
- Feature – Bulk password reset for selected users on the users page
- Feature – Single user password reset from the users page
- Initial release