The „A Business Template“ is a clean and elegant iOS5+ App Template to get your content or data-driven business App started (including a full XCode Project, PSD files with Slicy support, App Icon Template PSD, Launch Image Template PSD, Icon Samples and pre-sliced Assets, iPhone5 ready)
A quick and easy way to create your own content or data-driven iOS5+ App based on this native App Template. This template is ideal for people who want to learn how to fully customize the tab and navbar (Appearance API).
It’s easy to replace the images in the XCode project with your own images or make changes to the main PSD file and use the Slicy app to recreate images.
New in Version 1.3.0:
- iOS7 UI Bugfixes & Compatibility
New in Version 1.2.1:
- Improved unit test integration
- Preparation for push notifications
New in Version 1.2.0:
- Offline support for news items: The app will cache news items that will be displayed when the device is offline.
New in Version 1.1.1:
- Small bugfixes
- Better documentation (concerning compiler issues and warnings when XCode command line tools aren’t installed)
New in Version 1.1.0:
- Code: RSS/Atom feed support in News List
- Design: Three new PSD files (App Icon Template PSD & Launch Image PSD files)
- Design & Code: Support for iPhone5 and iOS6 / Launch Image for iPhone5
- Better documentation
- MacOSX 10.8.x or higher (it will not work on Windows or Linux / iOS Development is OSX only)
- XCode 4.6/5.0 or higher (can be downloaded for free from the Mac App Store) and Mobile Device Framework
- XCode Command line tools (see “Components tab of the Downloads preferences panel in XCode”). This is important! If you are having issues compiling, please install the Command line tools, make a clean build and remove and reinstall the app!
- iOS SDK 5.0 and higher (the app won’t work on older versions of iOS)
- Photoshop CS3 or higher if you want to edit the PSD (optional, not necessary for running the code)
- Slicy App for Mac (optional)
What can this App Template be used for?
- It can be used as a starting point for new projects
- For a quick prototype to present an idea to a customer for instance
- As a learning object or sample project for novice developers
- To extract something that is useful to you like the custom tab bar for instance
- To learn how to structure a PSD for app designs
What’s included in this download?
- A clean and clearly structured main PSD file optimized for use with Slicy
- Sliced images (Standard res + Retina)
- Sample launch screen (Standard res + Retina 3,5 & 4 inch) (with PSD)
- Two sample App Icons in various sizes (Standard res + Retina) (with PSD)
- Fully working XCode Project (iOS5+, iOS7 ready, ARC, no Storyboard)
Features of the App:
- Custom Tab Bar / Nav Bar
- Lists (News, Shops etc. just customize to use for your own content)
- Map View with custom Pin and custom Callout View
- Use of Twitter Framework
- Generic Buttons (with Edge Insets)
- Configurable RSS/Atom feed support (in News List)
- Offline support for News List
- Updated for iOS7 / iPhone5 ready
Please note: If you want to install the App Template on your personal iPhone, you’ll need to provide your own developer certificate and development provisioning profile and configure the project settings accordingly (see Code Signing section)