Check the new version – PicManage v1.5.7 Dec 06
It’s important you upgrade to the new version!
The server where the demo is on, is a free one so sometimes the app needs a couple of seconds to load, but please be patient. And the upload limit is about 700kb i think.
Please tell me if you encounter any bugs. Thank you!
Short descriptionPicManage is a Ajax based Picture Manager, that allows users to upload multiple images to a web server, resize, create thumbnails and manage uploaded images.
PicManage is very easy to install and use. No database is needed.
- Ajax powered
- Very easy to install and to incorporated in your site or application
- Easy to configure, even for people without programming skills
- jQuery enabled UI
- Upload multiple images
- Resize multiple images to given dimensions
- Create thumbnails with given dimensions
- Delete and rename images
- Offers direct links to uploaded images and created thumbnails
- Lightbox image preview
- Details about uploaded images (image type, dimensions, file size, upload date)
- Different validations on both client and server side ( allowed extension, filesize limit, check if the image name already exists, valid image names)
- Change the number of images displayed per page in the images explorer
- Image formats supported: jpg/jpeg, gif, png (with transparency)
PHP 5 +
PHP settings: allowed file uploads
PHP extensions: PHP GD library
Updates: v1.5.7 Dec 06 – It’s important you upgrade to the new version!
- fixed a bug regarding the picture’s auto-generated id; changes have been made only to one file: “php/brain.php”
Updates: v1.5.6 Oct 09
- modified the rename image function; now the user can only rename the name of the image without the extension
- fixed a bug in the creation of new albums; if the $currentDir doesn’t existed and tryed to create a new album this proccess would have failed
Updates: v1.5.5 Sept 24
- fixed an upload bug; there were cases when uploading a picture with a filename that already existed resulted in the overwrite of the original file from the server; this problem was noticed for filenames that included uppercases
- fixed a pagination bug; the pagination system couldn’t work with a large number of pages, more then 15; I introduced a dynamic pagination now
Updates: v1.5.4 Sept 23
- fixed a small bug in css/style.css; a background image wasn’t showing
Updates: v1.5.3 Sept 14
- fixed a bug in the renaming process of images; it was possible to rename an image with the same name as an existing image from the same folder
Updates: v1.5.2 Sept 13
- fixed some bugs for older versions of IE ( < 8 )
Updates: v1.5.1 Sept 07
- replaced the jQuery tools tooltip ( this had compatibility problems with jQuery UI)
Updates: v1.5 Aug 25
- create albums
- delete/rename albums
- clear upload settings after upload complete
- fixed some minor bugs
- delete multiple files at once
- copy/paste images and albums
- auto create jQuery powered galleries/slideshows from albums