Photo Contest Facebook App is a very sophisticated application for organising photography contests or contests with graphic works. I originally created the application for my own needs. As a photographer with considerable experience in organising contests, I knew exactly how such a contest should work and what tools the administrator needs to prevent vote frauds. In this respect, contests are brought to perfection. Only one vote can be made for a single photo and voting after the end of the competition is impossible. Voting does not take place via the Like button as is often the case elsewhere. An application with this feature risks removal by Facebook’s developers. I organised several contests before offering the contest here at Codecanyon.net and things went perfectly well.
New Features in Version 2.4
- Activate/Deactivate Photo
- New image jQuery plugin
- New share possibilities (facebook+twitter+tumblr)
- Info email for User after image upload (Can be disabled)
- Info email for Admin that new image was uploaded (Can be disabled)
- Email for Voter with thanks (Can be disabled)
- Update May 27, 2014 version 2.4 – New Features
- Update May 17, 2014 version 2.3 – Fixed issues with new Facebook permissions policy
- Update May 16, 2014 version 2.2 – Fixed small bugs in admin, added French language, Added new Feature.
Included language packs
- The application complies with all Facebook terms and conditions.
- It is possible to determine how many photos may be inserted by one user.
- Full editing is possible via the Admin Control Panel
- You can send email to all users or export their data to CSV file.
- It is not necessary to be logged on to Facebook in order to access the Admin Control Panel
- Visitor behaviour can be tracked using Google Analytics.
- The winner is displayed automatically on the home page after the end of the contest.
- Each competitor has statistics of his/her photographs in the contest.
- Each user and competitor can vote only once for a single photo.
- Voting after the end of the contest is disabled.
- Every photo can be commented on using Facebook Comments.
- Every photo can be promoted using the Post to Wall or Invite Friends buttons.
- A setting is available for presentation of the photos in a gallery.
- Sorting of the photos can be set both in the gallery and in the Admin Control Panel: the most recent/oldest, most/least voted for.
- Only .jpg, jpeg, png and gif files may be uploaded for contests.
- Full support for the following browsers: IE8, IE9, IE10, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox
- A separate language file is available. The application can be translated into any language using a text editor.
- Web hosting
- PHP 5.3+
- mySQL 5.x+
- 100MB+ Disk Space
- You need secure url https://. Installed SSL certificate on your domain.
- Facebook account