Modern News Ticker is a modern, powerful, flexible, fast, easy to use and customize news ticker. It offers a varied number of features while still being lightweight and very easy to work with:
- It comes with 15 different themes to choose from.
- It has 4 different effects: scroll, fade, type and slide.
- It has 4 different layouts.
- It can have either round or square corners.
- It offers options to control the effects as well as the autoplay settings.
- Data can be loaded from a RSS or Atom feed.
- Data can be loaded from Twitter.
- Dynamically loaded data can be set to automatically refresh at an interval of time.
- Loading data from Twitter uses PHP because of the authentication requirement when working with the Twitter API.
May 10, 2014:
February 13, 2014:
- Improved the way that the layout works.
- Improved the layout behaviour when the ticker is responsive.
- Fixed an issue in page layouts with subpixel precision.
- Fixed an issue with the news items stacking on top of each other.
- Added a new setting to specify the target page of links for loaded content.
- Added a new setting to specify the path to the Twitter loading file.
- Updated the files and instructions with the new Twitter API key names.
- Updated the initialization code.
- Updated the guide.
- Updated jQuery to the newest version.
February 10, 2014:
- Improved the RSS, Atom file loading options. Now there are 2 loading options available.
- Added an example RSS file.
- Updated the instructions.
- Updated the guide.
- Fixed a couple of bugs.
August 22, 2013:
- Added a new setting to specify the type of scrolling, either continuous, with no interruption, or discontinuous, leaving empty space once the list finishes scrolling and before starting again.
- Added a new setting to specify the start position of the scrolling, either from inside or from outside.
August 15, 2013:
- Fixed a bug that was causing the news not to display properly when the width was set as responsive and the window was resized.
June 26, 2013:
- Updated the code of the effects so that the first list items animate as well.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a delay in the refresh of the loaded RSS-Atom feed.
February 13, 2013:
- Made an update to the Twitter feed functionality to work with the 1.1 update of the Twitter API.
February 9, 2013:
- Added a setting to control the automatic refresh of dynamically loaded data at an interval of time.
- Added a method to be able to call the refresh through code, if needed.
- Updated the guide
- Updated the code
- Updated instructions
- Updated file structure