You don’t need to create members’ repository solution again and again for your MVC5 web applications, because this tool allows to manage the members in one place and has many options to customize the sign up and the sing in process. You can use this tool for your main domain and for sub-domains in the same time even for your development environment, because this solution has very very simple API to get Members, Roles and other stuff from the repository.
How to protect your application? Just add one attribute on a class (or a method) with a role definition, that’s all, so the authenticated members can use it only!
Member Role Admin Tool helps to support Single Sign On (SSO) concept for your ASP.NET MVC5 applications. Single Sign On (SSO) is a term used to indicate when a pool of applications need a centralized authentication, so that users login once and access to any application. Tags: Role Management in MVC5, Single Sign On Server , Single Sign On Authentication .NET,
- admin-demo1.dev4pro.com/admin Member Role Admin App
- admin-demo2.dev4pro.com MVC5 Client Web Site Example
- admin-demo3.dev4pro.com WebForms Client Web Site Example
Are you interested in SAAS edition ?If you interested in SAAS just send me email. The SAAS edition includes tenant management and can be used for a SAAS service like a member management part.
V1.7 Released – January 11, 2015
- Twitter Bootstrap 3.3.2
- ASP.NET MVC5 Project
- Demo mode configuration
This update contains latest of Twitter Bootsrap 3.3.2 and ASP.NET MVC5 Visual Studio 2013 project.
V1.6 Released – January 17, 2013
- Profile field visibility can be restricted by domain.
- Profile field visibility can be restricted by role.
- Member’s signup domain has been added.
- Facebook/Twitter member photo has been added.
- Facebook/Twitter access token is in database now for.
- Twitter Bootstrap has been updated to 2.2.2.
- NoAuthReturnUrl has been added to the Sign URL to the form tag.
Be sure, that all members have assigned domain otherwise they will not see profile fields at all. This behavior can be change like this: if a member doesn’t have assigned domain, in this case the member will see all non-restricted profile fields. Let me know if you would like to change it.
The member domain will be assigned automatically for new members during sign-up process.
NoAuthReturnUrl has been added to the Sign URL to the form tag, so the client app login url should look like this LoginUrl=”~/Account/SignIn?NoAuthReturnUrl=1”
V1.5 Released – September 24, 2012
- LDAP Sign In Supported
V1.4 Released – August 27, 2012
- Social Networks & OpenID Sign In Integration: Twitter, Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Live Journal, Blogger, OpenID, myOpenID.
V1.3 Released – August 1, 2012
- MySQL 5.x database support.
- Encrypted profile field option.
- UI and logic fixes.
V1.2 Released – July 12, 2012
- Member TimeZoneID has been added to the member profile (see new screenshots).
- ASP.NET WebForms Classic example has been added.
- Fields UI has been improved.
- “Admin use only” flag has been added for fields and groups.
- “Is Active” flag has been added for fields.
- Fixed some issues with field types.
- Removed date field type for a while (will be implemented for next release).
- V1.0 Released – July 1, 2012
Implementing a single sign on is quite simple, and can be done by configuring the applications using the web.config file and this tool will help you to create machine key (for validation and encryption/decryption proposes) and manage members (users) and their roles.
The general concept is this: members are created, activated, possibly approved by admin, roles are assigned to members. Members can self register and activate their account or admin can to do that.
- Single Sign On concept support
- Social Networks & OpenID Sign In Integration
- LDAP Sign In Supported
- Public registration form
- Activation email
- Change password email
- Email templates support
- Audit Event log
- Machine Key Generator
- Mail domain restriction
- Bootstrap Themes
- Responsive design
- Simple API
- Live member search
- Secret admin URL
- Multilingual support ready
- Role / Member import & export via CSV
- Ability to change public form design
- Public forms default language
- Import/Export file example
- Member Profile
- Custom Member Profile Fields
- Encrypted profile field option
- Profile field visibility can be restricted by domain
- Profile field visibility can be restricted by role
- Member Domains
- MS IIS 7/6
- ASP.NET 4.0 MVC3
- MS SQL Server 2008 (possible compact edition 4.0)
- or MySQL 5.x (The InnoDB Storage Engine)
Browser supportRole Member Admin is tested and supported in major modern browsers like Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox
- IE 8+
- FireFox 3+
- Opera 11+
- Safari 5+
Package ContentThe package contains:
- SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Web – Admin application
- SimpleTools.Web.Example – MVC3 Example application
- SimpleTools.Web.Example.Classic – WebForms Example application
- Demo.Export.Import.Files – export/import file example
- Database.Install.Script – Install SQL script (MSSQL, MySQL)
Install Admin Application
- Create empty database;
- Create database user and assign dbo rights to the user;
- Execute MS SQL Management Studio and execute Database.Install.Script\InstallDatabase-v1.3.sql
- Change connection string in Web.Config file in SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Web, see example below:
MS SQL Example:
<add key="SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Connetion.String" value="server=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;database=SimpleTools.RoleMemberAdmin;user id=SimpleTools.RoleMemberAdmin; password=SimpleTools.RoleMemberAdmin" /> <add key="SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Database.Provider" value="MSSQL"/>MySQL Example:
<add key="SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Connetion.String" value="Server=localhost;Database=memberroleadmin;Uid=roleadmin;Pwd=roleadmin;Allow User Variables=true"/> <add key="SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Database.Provider" value="MySQL"/>
- Create web site in IIS or application in virtual directory and copy content of SimpleTools.RoleAdmin.Web folder. Remember that you must use .Net 4.0 application pull.
- Add read/write permission on avatar virtual folder for IUSER user.
- Set domain attribute in form tag to your root domain (without sub domain name) :
<forms loginUrl="~/Account/SignIn" protection="All" timeout="180" domain="mydomain.com" name="myApplicationCookie" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" enableCrossAppRedirects="true" defaultUrl="~/"/>
- Use the following admin login:
Remember that you can change default admin URL in order to secure admin UI entry point.
- See Help & FAQ area on admin web site.
Install Small Demo ApplicationExample application helps to understand key concept of role and member admin tool in action:
- Create web site in IIS or application in virtual directory and copy content of SimpleTools.Web.Example Web folder. Remember that you must use .Net 4.0 application poll.
- Check web.config file and change accounts.yourdomain.com to you account URL:
<add key="ssoUrlSignIn" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/SignIn"/> <add key="ssoUrlSignOut" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/SignOut"/> <add key="ssoUrlSignUp" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/SignUp"/> <add key="ssoUrlForgotPassword" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/ForgotPassword"/> <add key="ssoUrlProfile" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/Profile"/> <add key="ssoAvatar" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/Avatar"/> <add key="ssoAPIUrl" value="http://accounts.yourdomain.com/Admin/API"/> <add key="ssoAPIMemberName" value="email@example.com"/> <add key="ssoAPIMemberToken" value="HYXMvDsQWhGhbShE7yS1"/> <add key="EncryptionKey" value="ERfgjhl28rTew5d7nsfVB"/>
Support your needs
If you have problems, questions, ideal, etc… Contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact us with any questions you may have via the contact form on my author profile page. Updates – Available FREE to existing purchasers.