Please give it quick rating if you like this. If you have any suggestions/feature request or you find a bug, you are more than welcome to contact me and I’ll address them ASAP.
FEATURES:Desktop and Mobile Device (Phone + Tablet) Ready
Desktip View and Mobile View. Each device type gets its own view by default and has the ability to switch between.
Resonsive UI Design
The entire UI is designed responsively with media queries so that it will fit any screen sizes
Full HTML5 + CSS3 Animations
HTML5 elements/concept are used as many as possible. All animations are purely in CSS3. No jQuery fallbacks are used for old IEs for better performance.
Old IE Support
The UI is also fully functional in old IEs (IE7, IE8). The only difference is that IE won’t get animations.
Sliding Button Bar
Just like Windows 8, each page gets a sliding control bar when mouse is moved to the right edge of the screen.
One Page Application
The whole UI design follows the concept of one page app, which means only one page request is made per visit, and all the rest are handled in XHR (AJAX).
Working with Browser Back button
Back & Forward buttons can still be used as usual to navigate between 2 pages, just like normal websites.
Each tile can be customized to have its own colour, icon, external link, XHR callback … etc
Tiles are grouped into containers which have 2 different sizes: half and full. You can add as many containers as you want to.
Smart Page Content Caching
Page contents are all cached after first load which allows the 2nd visit of the same page to be almost instant.
Integration with Google Analytics
Each tile open can be configured as a normal page open in Google Analytics.
Object oriented PHP framework
All PHP code are written in mordern object oriented style with clean and easy to understand structure.
Free support & frequent updates
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (either using the comment or dropping me an email) and I will respond as soon as I can.
CHANGE LOGS:v1.09 @ 15 March 2013
- Simplified file include
- Updated rounting script to use standard hashbang
- Redesigned Sidebar
- Generate CSS for different container/widget configurations automatically
- Moved media query to a separate metro_mobile.css
- Redesigned mobile mode
- Many JS & CSS improvements
- Minor CSS improvements
- changed hover effect to scale tiles
- new settings panel
- JS & CSS optimizations
- Added a “start” button. Clicking on it toggles the “Detail” view
- Changed to use “animation” instead of “transition” for the sliding control indicator
- Changed animation on document load to fade in tiles one by one instead of flipping all at once
- Allow setting theme on containers to make all tiles display in one colour
- Allow setting widget URL to empty string to stop opening widget on click
- Show sliding control button indicator only for 1st time users
- Initial release