Big news, MapSVG 2.0 is out!
I’m especially proud to present you MapSVG 2.0. It includes more than 100 geo-calibrated maps of countries of the World (which means that now you are able to add markers to any map of the World simply by entering its address). Tons of new features. New awesome control panel with Live Preview. Flawless migration script which will update all your maps from previous versions of MapSVG. And don’t forget that you can always drop me a line through my profile page if you need to draw a custom map or if you need an extension for the plugin.
Updating to version 2.0
If you’re using custom markers, copy them from /markers folder to you local drive. Then copy SVG files you use from /maps folder to you local drive. Now you can remove /mapsvg folder completely and upload new version of MapSVG. After that copy your custom markers back to /markers on the server and copy your SVG maps back to /maps folder on the server. Then go to MapSVG control panel. Migration script will update your old maps to new version.
What is MapSVG
MapSVG turns any SVG file into interactive and fully customizable map or floorplan. Use built-in maps or draw your own. jQuery version
of the plugin also available.
- Running a map from SVG file means that you have no limitations and you can always edit SVG file in Adobe Illustrator or InkScape. Remove regions or add new, change everything as you need
- MapSVG includes more than 100 geo-calibrated maps which work similar to Google Maps – you can add markers with latitude/longitude coordinates or just enter an address and MapSVG will get coordinates for you. At the same time you get much more flexibility because you can edit SVG files;
- You can use MapSVG to create floor plans;
- You can use MapSVG to create any interactive vector image (for example, interactive anatomic map of human body);
- MapSVG has awesome control panel with Live Preview which turns map building process into a pleasure;