Internet is full of boring popups. So, it’s a time to break this trend. That’s why I created “Layered Popups”. With this script you can realize your imagination and make unique multi-layers popup windows. You can create multiple layers with whatever-you-want content and add custom transitions/animations for each layer. You can embed AJAX-ed subscription/contact form which works with 10 popular email marketing providers (MailChimp, GetResponse, iContact, Campaign Monitor, AWeber, Mad Mimi, Benchmark, ActiveCampaign, Interspire and Sendy) and collect users’ names/e-mails. You can raise popup window on page load, on exit intent or show it on click event. Moreover you can use any popup as a part of webpage content. You can make your website more attractive and pay users attention to certain stuff.
This is standalone version of the script. Popups can be easily integrated into any website. All you need to do is to add couple lines of code. For WordPress-driven websites try Layered Popups – WordPress Plugin.
DemoPlease visit this page and check out demo popups. With “Layered Popups” script you can create your own popups. You are limited only by imagination.
Admin Panel DemoYou can try admin panel:
- Unlimited number of popups: create as many popup as you wish.
- Multiple layers: each popup can contain any number of layers.
- Custom layer duration/animation: customize layer duration/animation with ease.
- 20+ CSS3 layer animations: driven by Animate.css.
- Social buttons supported: easily add Facebook Like, Google +1, Twitter Tweet, LinkedIn Share buttons to popup.
- Subscribe with Facebook: YES! Now you can allow your visitors to subscribe with their Facebook account.
- Subscribe with Google: YES! Now you can allow your visitors to subscribe with their Goolgle account.
- Google/Universal Analytics event tracker supported: track “show” and “subscribe” events.
- 600+ Google Fonts: use any of 600+ webfonts.
- Subscription form: AJAX-ed name/e-mail subscription form.
- Contact form: AJAX-ed name/e-mail contact form.
- 10 email marketing providers supported: MailChimp, GetResponse, iContact, Campaign Monitor, Mad Mimi, AWeber, Benchmark, ActiveCampaign, Interspire and Sendy supported.
- Extended e-mail address validation: check MX records according to the host provided within the email address.
- 2-steps opt-in process: yes, you can do it now.
- Export/import feature: you can easily export popup settings from one website and import to another website.
- On-page-load event handler: raise any popup on-page-load event.
- Auto open delay: popup window might be opened with delay.
- On-scrolling event handler: raise any popup when user scroll down the page.
- On-exit-intent event handler: raise any popup when user moves mouse pointer to the top of browser window assuming that he/she going to close/exit the page.
- Inline mode: use any popup as a part of webpage content.
- Display modes: you can display popups every time, once per session or only once.
- Remember subscribed visitors: script set cookie on user machine to avoid repeated popups for subscribers.
- On-click-event handler: show any popup on-click event.
- Opt-in locker (optional): users must subscribe to close popup.
- Social locker: users must share via Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn to close popup.
- CSV Export: list of subscribers can be exported as CSV-file to be used with any newsletter systems.
- Set of predefined popups: use any of 26 predefined popups as a template for your work.
- Design your own popups: it’s easy – check out video tutorial.
- 9 popup positions: place popup on desired screen position.
- Enable/disable overlay: enable/disable overlay.
- Responsive design: popup window looks nice on small screen devices.
- Secure admin panel: create and handle popups through secure admin panel.
- Realtime preview: edit popup/layers and view changes immediately.
- Cross domain access supported: you can install script on one domain and use it with unlimited number of domains.
- Popups Library: access to remote popups library.
InstallationLet’s imagine that you have website
http://www.website.com/and you want to install script there.
- Create folder
layered-popups(use any other name) in root of your domain. Once created it can be reached by URL:
- Unpack downloaded archive into this folder. Make sure that URL, that runs
- Make sure that folder
inc/config.phpand set MySQL database parameters.
- Go to admin panel
http://www.website.com/layered-popups/using default login/password (login:
admin), configure script and create popups.
How To Usesection in admin panel.
How to create new popupsPlease watch this video tutorial. It shows how to create new popups.
- PHP version 5.2 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
- jQuery version 1.7 or greater
SupportIf you have problems regarding using the plugin, please contact me and I’ll help you.
2014-12-03 – version 3.50 released
Replaced mysql library by mysqli library. Added access to Popups Library. Added 20+ CSS3 animations. Added option to add scrollbar to layers. Minor bugs fixed.
2014-08-23 – version 3.22 released
9 popup positions Enable/disable overlay
2014-08-19 – version 3.20 released
"Subscribe with Facebook" feature "Subscribe with Google" feature Added On Scroll settings - raise any popup when user scroll down the page. Improved On Exit Intent popup behavior. Minor bugs fixed 2 additional demo popups included Upgraded Facebook API to version 2.0
2014-07-23 – version 3.13 released
Added option to customize button CSS and unput fields CSS.
2014-07-21 – version 3.12 released